Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Decided to pull on Banner 3, because I had a lot of lightning imperil relics and the only dupe I had was Cid's Chaos Blade, but...

Sometimes, this game doesn't like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

There's a bartz banner in a little while that has his USB, BSB2, BSB3, and LMR that gives a chance at triplecasting spellblade abilities. Also Faris' USB2. And that Galuf glove that gives the invulnerability thing that I'd like to have. That's probably my next target to save for.

Yeah I'm saving for that too, since Faris is one of my most used characters so If I can get her LMR that'll be swell. Also I want that Galuf glove so bad.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I pulled on the FFVII banner and got Gatling Gun (Not impressed) and Cid's Goggles (Alright armor at least). Not gonna pull for FFX, I'll just save for the FFV banner.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gravity is bullshit.

Extremely agreed.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I can't really get a good thing going for Magicite Dungeons, but I think it's just because I'm not using the right buffs/healers.

I have Ramza's ultra (History's Truth) and his super (Shout), should I level him up to 99 ASAP for this? I've just been using Gogo (Fantastic Symmetry) + Krile (Sheepsong) for boosts but I feel like Ramza might be more appropriate, especially for more physical-heavy teams.

Also the only Burst Healers I have is Penelo (Evanescence) and Yshtola (Asylum). But Yshtola is only level 50 right now because I thought she was only really worth using when you pull Stoneskin too. Since we already get Stoneskin in Magicite I should probably just start leveling her up and using her, right?

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

He is going to bring a whole lot more to the table than Gogo, and he has Ninja access which is particularly good vs the Magicite bosses since they can ignore resistance.
Oh yeah I always forget he has Ninja. Yeah, that'll help a lot! I even have some pretty good instruments to slap on him.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

-It really depends what bosses you're attempting, but using Ramza+Yshtola are probably the best things you could be doing.
Hmm, that's what it's been looking like. Alright, I'll have to make sure to level those two up next. Before I could get around using whatever characters I wanted but Magicite cuts no slack. Thanks for the advice!

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Somebody motivate me to actually beat the Nightmare bosses so I can try Magicite content. I've only beaten the Ultima, Crushdown, Northern Cross, and Quadruple Foul ones.

You should try beating Dervish because Atomos is a hilariously easy boss you can out-damage before it can get any turns off.

Also, consider beating Meltdown cause the skill is really, really good.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I only wanted the Fairy Bow or Faris LMR, but just couldn't get it.

Well at least the Chicken Knife + Bartz BSBs will make a few magicites easier.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Just barely don't have enough damage. Asylum and Hidden Bloom is really great healing for this fight, but even with an Entrust bot and Shout+Truth, Laguna just isn't putting out enough damage. I plan on diving him when he comes out so I should be able to do it then (Laguna gets 35% chance to Dualcast Machinist), but jeez.

(Note: Bismark was at max Imperil, the Wind Imperil is just from an extra Pirate Princess after I ran out of Entrusts.)

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can you afford to drop Aerith for another DPS? A sole DPS just isn't going to cut the mustard in a lot of cases unless it's an OSB-user with strong support from the rest of the team or someone with a very good USB. It doesn't even have to be a Lightning character (although it would help).
I finally did it! Thank you for the advice! :toot:

Swapped Aerith for CoD so I could keep healing/shellga but use Radiant Shield. It was just enough.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I recently dived Gogo! As it turns out, Mimicry is fun and good! Beat the 300 V-Torment yesterday in just 2 tries with Exdeath, Krile, Gogo(V), Gogo(VI), and Penello. Stacking Mag buffs and spamming powerful summons 3-4 times a turn is extremely good.

Are there any new Mimes coming out in the future?

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 6, 2017

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Armitage posted:

sweet jiminy christmas

after so many tries against so many different bosses ending around 70-75% at best(with one Fenrir run where he had 30% left drat his AoE slow) I finally clear my first magicite dingus.

He was an rear end in a top hat in the first place.

Congrats! I only managed to beat Bismark myself. Makes you feel good, and like there aren't any others-nope nope nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
When I fought Famfrit (Hard) in Multiplayer, the eye enemies didn't attack at all and weren't targetable?

I mean it ended up making the fight easier so whatever.

• Locked thread