Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Schwartzcough posted:

Yaaay, mastered the CM even with bad relics and no SBs besides shared medicas. I had to S/L once because I accidentally cast protectga when I should've been healing, but the second time went pretty smoothly.

I actually had way more trouble with the undead dragons. I brought a bad setup that basically forced me to be doing constant damage, and I couldn't keep up mitigation for all the counters and Pandora's Boxes and crap. Screw those guys.

My VII armors are all Res-based so I'm a bit short in the Def department and thinking of bringing the Atk-Down Dance. Did you need that 2nd ability (Gust?) on Yuffie at all, or could you have gotten by with just the Swift Bolts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

I ran it with this comp:

with a hope BSB; that said, the extra dance for Yuffie was Mental Breakdance, not power. With Protectga and Multi Break I had enough mitigation for Aeris to heal through it and mainly just needed to get it over before he could cast too many AE's.

You used Sheepsong or Hope's BSB?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

Yuffie's second ability is phantasm, which is the highest single-target ninja magic damage we've got at the moment. Even with Sheepsong my damage output wasn't great (see the lost medal for actions taken), and I was running relatively low on ability uses. If you've got better magic sticks or maybe a Hope BSB RW, you could probably drop Phantasm for a dance.

Yeah my VII gear is terrible for this boss, it's almost entirely fists, swords, Planet Protector, and Res+ armor. WIll need to try the Hope BSB RW method to avoid spending a huge amount of orbs.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Hope burst. Memento Mori on Vincent was the only Mag boost I had; he was doing ~35k damage per cast of hope burst button 1 with that up and Mental Breakdance. Reno was doing about 25k per cast. Yuffie was doing about 6.5k with fire veil. Only haste I had was butstmode and Aeris's autohaste.

Neat, thanks. I'm a bit short damage-wise (31k~ from Vincent, 21k from Reno), so hopefully I can pull it off.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Alexander on Vincent and Meltdown on Reno should be plenty to cover the last two or three rounds and finish him off.

You've got ~255k damage from those two bursts, plus, let's be conservative and say another 25 from both entries and Memento mori. That's 280k. He has 310k HP. Let's say you can squeeze out 20k of damage from Yuffie doing ninja magic. That's 300k. One more 9999 v weakness is all you need then. And if Yuffie isn't pulling hr weight, Alexander or Meltdown will.

Ah I haven't honed Alexander nor crafted Meltdown cause I'm a min-max'ing orb hoarder, but I mastered it with 16/18 medals (1 for damage, 1 for having 3 KO's).

Cait Sith alternated Break Dance and MagDown Dance
Yuffie used ResDown Dance, Swift Bolt x2, repeat, with one use of Clear Tranquil (huge lifesaver and only beneficial SB I had for the fight)
Vincent used Memento Mori, Alexander (only cast of it), then summoned the BSB and using Option 1 until the end
Reno used Firaja while the Breaks landed, then used BSB and Option 1 until the end
Aerith used Protectga, then Curaga until the end

For anyone still on the fence about giving this a go, it's quite do-able if you have reasonable gear. Here's what my relevant stats looked like:

pre:
Character  Lv  Mag  Mnd  Def  HitP  Relevant Abilities, Accessories, R. Materias, SBs
---------  --  ---  ---  ---  ----  --------------------------------------------------
Vincent    76  450  n/a  219  5264  Alexander R1, Memento R2, Mod ResFire, Holy+ RM
Reno       72  423  n/a  224  5503  Firaja R3, Devotion RM, Mod FireRes
Yuffie     75  370  n/a  230  5451  Exhausting R2, Swift R4, Ninja+ RM, Clear Tranquil
Cait Sith  75  n/a  n/a  215  5366  MultiBreak R2, Heathen R2, Hi FireRes, Haste RM
Aerith     76  n/a  354  195  4531  Protectga R1, Curaja R5, Mod FireRes, Haste RM

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

The main reason I'm apprehensive about Eiko 1 is that I'm really afraid I'll only get a third Wizard Rod.

With Mage Meta making a strong comeback I'd be totally down for a 3rd Wizard Rod. Keep them separate for massive mage RS when there's a boss that requires it, and one day it can be combined/re-forged into a super-duper Mag stick.

I'm almost definitely pulling on the first banner despite being very well-off in IX synergy. I don't have a healer burst, nor a good physical SB in IX, nor Shout, and the Critical+ SB would be amazing considering how frequently I go with Shout meta.

I'd love to pull on the 2nd banner as well, but spending 100 Mythril now when there's X, III, XIV, OSB, and other hyped banners still to come would be wasteful.

IcePhoenix posted:

Given how easily you can find shout RWs now that we can refresh the list I'd say literally anything of niche usage is better nowadays ;)

You'll probably see less summons per day unless a fight where someone needs the niche is active but vOv

Yeah, my Divine Guardian with RS gear went from getting 4k~ most days and 6k+ on "everyone is battling Ultimates" days to under 2k a day since the refresh option was added.

Of course the gil isn't important at this stage of the game, but it's nice to see that I helped a bunch of people work through content. I've long-assumed that the majority would RW something with Hastega due to CM limitations, and Regen and Res+ tended to be very useful against most bosses, so I always stuck with Garnet as my RW. Once the CM shifts down to just U+ and the U++ becomes an A-Team task though, perhaps I'll rotate through Wall, Divine Guardian, and Bartz/Ramza BSBs depending on the optimal boss strategy.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

My Lucky Draw was Physician's Staff (dupe) and... Iga Blade! Needed a BSB for a Support character and now that's taken care of.

First-world problem questions: if I'm at the point where I don't really NEED to pull for anything in particular relic-wise, that probably also means I'm at the point where I could start combining duplicate 5* relics, right?

I have dupes of:

Vega 42s
Cards
Wutai Headband
Physician's Staff
Minotaur Plate
Kaiser Shield (three of these- really tempting to make an 8*)

There's nothing in here I'm really gonna kick myself for combining later, right? It's mostly all older stuff anyway.

My rule of thumb is: can you build a few solid CM teams that would have full RS across weapons/armors without requiring both of the duplicate items? If yes, then combining should provide the benefit of a 5*+ without simultaneously lowering your stats elsewhere.

An exception would be character-locked items like Cards, Gun-Arms, Books, Dolls, etc, which could be combined much earlier due to the fact that only 1-3 characters can use the items (the character who can use the unique SB, Tyro, and I suppose Onion Knight can use everything? Not totally sure how he works actually.) So if it's very unlikely that you'd bring Tyro along as an FFVI gambler, then combining the Cards should be a low-risk proposition.

I share several of your dupes and haven't combined them so that I can ensure maximum RS coverage for the toughest battles. The gain from a 5* RS to a 5*+ RS is less than the loss going from a 5* RS to a 5* non-RS, so I want good depth before combining. Plus combining can be done at any time, but cannot be undone, so why rush it without a pressing need? I treat it like Orbs and Rosetta Stones and the like: use them when you must, save them otherwise.

My list of dupes is now:

Ebon Armor (IV) (3 copies)
Wutai Headband (VII)
Cutting Trigger (VIII)
Ultima Sword (IX)
Wizard Rod (IX)
Power Sash (IX) (3 copies)
Celebration Blade (X)
Royal Scepter (X)
Gungnir (XII)
Vega 42s (XIII)
Binding Rod (XIII)
Healer's Robe (XIV)
Grand Armor (T)
Chameleon Robe (T)

And my sole Reforge-able item is a Zantetsuken++ (won't reforge until a new VI event comes along, just in case I need that 5* Dark Matter for something else in the meantime).

I think the current U++ is a good example of the benefits uncombined weapons can provide. Sure, the Hope BSB was an easier way to take down the boss, but suppose a similar boss didn't have such a glaring weakness. Having some pairs or trios of mage weapons or defensive armors would have been crucial for surviving that battle, whereas a single reforged rod and single reforged armor would have provided 2 very strong characters at the expense of 3 weakened ones, barring a strong set of additional RS gear.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm having a rough month with main job, secondary job, contract job, Canuck Thanksgiving, Master's project, and varsity championships all demanding more time than I can give. Normally I review the Zurai guide and reddit AI & U+ consultation threads to tune my team setup, but tough to do so this week.

I'd hate to end my streak of mastered events, so I'm here to ask for a favor: could some of y'all friendly folks offer your thoughts on my options for mastering the Meltigemini CM? Many thanks in advance to all who give their two cents! :)

What I Have
Weapons

Save the Queen (old Beatrix AoE HolyElem SB)
Ultima Sword (old Steiner AoE SB)
Ultima Sword (uncombined so 4-Phys meta works)
Needle Fork (Quina ProShellga SB)
Gladius++ (reforgeable if needed)
Wizard Rod (Garnet Divine Guardian SSB)
Wizard Rod (uncombined so mage & healer can work)

Armor
Power Sash (Shared Protectga SB)
Power Sash (uncombined)
Power Sash (uncombined)
Magician Robe++ (reforgeable if needed)
Brigandine++ (reforgeable if needed)
Brigandine++ (reforgeable if needed)

Abilities
No 6* abilities (all Nightmare bosses unlocked)
5* R3: Dragoon Jump, Dark Zone
5* R2: Full Break, Saint's Cross
5* R1: Chain Firaga
4* R5: Curaja
4* R4: All Breakdowns, Banishing Strike, Diaga
4* R3: Firaja
4* R2: Blood of the Wyvern, Memento Mori
4* R1: Alexander, Phoenix

Native SBs
Hastega
Hi Regen
Res+
Protectga
Shellga
Weak damage SBs

What I'm Missing
Native Boostga
Native Faithga
Native Medica
5* RS weapon for both Quina & Freya (spear & 4*++ dagger at best)
Honed fire/holy magics

Questions

1) Nightmare re-opens in a day or so. Is an R1 Meltdown a huge asset versus Meltigemini?

2) Both Eiko banners are legit great, and Eiko, Beatrix, Quina, and Vivi BSBs stand out as being fantastic for the CM and super items in general. Worth pulling despite the current depth of existing IX weapons/armor?

3) I have tons of orbs, are Alexander and Chain Firaga two skills that I should hone up to R4/R3 respectively both for this boss and future content? Note that I have never honed a 4* or 5* Summon asides from getting Carbuncle to R2.

Thanks again! Going to go bury my head in textbooks for 9 hours.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 18, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Finally tried the U++ CM, native Divine Guardian and some good RS armors kept me alive while the RW of Vivi's BSB dealt all the damage. Feels good to master that boss!

Now to decide if I'll do an 11-pull on an IX banner or keep saving up. If power's going to keep on creepin' then perhaps the next IX banner will be better.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

How much mythril are you up to now?

You can already check out all the banners that Japan has gotten, including the next IX banners. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit?pli=1#gid=1211382974

But the current IX banner is already good. It seems to me like banners for a good while (up through where Japan is) will be of comparable, consistently-high quality, so that the next banner in the same realm won't necessarily be better than the current one. There are some notably fantastic banners that stand higher than others like the XIV banner, but at this point I feel there's less incentive to hoard for "power creep" purposes.

Then again, there are banners like the Ultros Select that Japan got for the 2nd anniversary that are pretty ridiculous, so still keep some reserve mythril around.

An even 600 now. I'd love 4 of the banner items but 3 would be meh. Tough caĺl.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

What I'm doing is waiting until the following IX event (should come in mid-January) to fix my synergy for that realm, so I can save as much mythril as possible for the next meta-changing banners in Onion Knight 1 and Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. The first banner has is very Zidane-heavy, but the second banner has several of the good relics from this current set (Hamelin, Trident, Golden Hairpin), along with debuting BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a very good new SSB for Garnet (Mag/Def faithga so it stacks with most of the common ones, plus a party-wide HP Stock). You've got even more mythril than me though, so you can maybe afford to spend more of it.

Yeah, I'm saving for those III and XIV banners primarily, and I'm also going to need to pull on II and X if I want a reasonable shot at mastering the Mote dungeons. Plus the Luckys and the next Festival which I presume will be OSB/BSB-heavy and good targets for splurging.

I'm also starting to feel that most of my IV, V, VI, VII, and XIII gear is outdated, but it's been enough to get mastery on all CMs so far. Maybe Festivals and Lucky Draws will spread the new items around in a even way, but if not then I'll eventually need to start upgrading specific RS gear.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Benthalus posted:

Until we start seeing the 200+ difficulty dungeons, it seems to me that the only realm-specific SBs we need are hastgas and medicas. The variety of skills available and accumulation of the orbs to make them allows almost any character with a generic realm-synergy weapon able to function. I have only pre-SSB relics for FFXIII but can field a hybrid team with native Hastega and Medica using all synergy weapons and it is one of my strongest realm teams.

We'll see how my words hold up with the FFII Ultimates, but I might struggle because I only have 3 realm weapons.

Agreed on Hastega and Medicas. If you have one or both plus some decent RS stat-sticks then a few honed top-tier skills and a tactical RW can get the job done.

I have tons of orbs and mythril and rosetta stones waiting to be used, but if the content hasn't flummoxed me yet then I lean towards waiting for bigger and better banners. Still, those top 4 items on the IX banner all cover a big need (curaga medica, blink, holy+, Boostga on a non-healer) so it's tempting despite the possibility of getting a dupe or that Def-reliant Steiner weapon.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

pichupal posted:

What I ended up doing was sticking Zell's (?) 50% chance to start with full ATB on Gordon with Reflect so you can beat the first Blink cast without excessive S/L-ing. Gordon only had an R2 Full Break in the other slot so I would leave him at Full ATB for knocking people out of Sleep or Confusion.

Didn't even need the Shared Medicas I had on Josef (ATK and DEF Breakdowns) and Minwu, but I got Leon's BSB and Leila's SSB for damage and mitigation purposes so this might not go as smoothly for you.

I'll probably take this Reflect idea for my second attempt.

First just couldn't deal enough damage, Maria and Leon and Minwu can't do enough damage without synergy magic weapons.

Leila with Steal Power is a nice alternative to a missable Power Breakdown though, for those who do run mage teams.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

CM+ mastered without any 5* RS items, huzzah. Another few days of to-pull-or-not-to-pull on a good banner awaits...

Might be time to catch up on the Nightmare backlog, I'm a full 6 behind now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

Well that U+ CM was a pain in the rear end with virtually no synergy or SBs.

Managed to get reflect up before she used Blink thanks to the Raw Power RM, but I still missed a bunch of times. What's worse, the blinks reflected onto my party didn't seem to help me dodge a single one of her attacks, but it made it almost impossible to clear statuses because I'd keep missing my own guys. Both Shouts ran out at about 33% health left, and then my hones ran out, and then it was just a horrible slog and I almost died. But I won without pulling on the banner, so HA! (oh god please be gentle Mote dungeon).

Nice, you def skipping the banner? What's your current stash and next few planned 11x pulls?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Think I'm averaging 1/11 over the past 4-5 11-pulls, which is unfortunate, but at least the items have tended to be handy.

Blank Blade gives me my first AoE Debuff SB, and I suppose some handy FF1 synergy for some far-off event.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to play Mobius...

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Wish I'd managed to snag one of Mog's items on this debuff banner; does he get something else on a future VI banner? He's pretty much the only character I'd "chase" a relic for, gotta love dancing cats.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gun users are pretty uncommon so this is one of the few weapons that you should immediately combine and reforge to 8* imo. Even if you wanted to keep a second one for CMs, the only other gun user in XII is Vaan and that requires a lot of Record Spheres for him to get gun access.

On the other hand, guns let you run back-row physical squads (Lightning, Balthier, Sazh is a good start), and XII has had past bosses like Vossler than were physical-attack heavy. I'd wait and see how the Ultimate missions go before committing to combining them.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

BSBFest tempted me, VII tempted me, IX tempted me, and now XII is tempting me to drop 50 mythril to pick up some much-needed SSB+ type weapons.

Buuuut then I look at a summary of the next dozen or so events and I re-tighten the purse-strings.

Thankfully these U++ keep being exploitable by Holy BSBs so thus far everything's been master-able.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm kinda starting to get a little annoyed about how much of the new content that's coming out is just blatantly a mage-team check. Like come the hell on, an ultimate fight where the boss hits with a 2k damage AoE and the little minions won't stop hitting with 2-3k magic even through mitigation, and if you have a mage team you can just put them to sleep but with a physical team just gently caress you I guess? Like what the hell am I supposed to do here? Even if I put them to sleep somehow, the physical attacks would just wake them up anyway, and I can't burn them down fast enough before they've nuked my party into the ground. Especially when they all decide to target the same character.

Lightning SSB RW will melt 75-90% of the Azer's health, I have mine up right now via code qcqe

Edit: Actually, that's Lightning benefiting from an active Shout, so the RW will do much less damage but two casts should take out the Azers

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

For those wanting to crush the U fight, I set my RW to level 80 Lightning with FF12 synergy and a Kaiser Shield. Will take out all the little adds in 2 casts and do about 2/3 of the bosses health to boot. QKq6

Same, have a XII sword and ATK accessory along with the Kaiser on my Lightning at qcqe

If you're looking through your inventory/vaults for ice resistance, the Arctic Armlet (no RS), Gigas Armlets (II) and Skybreaker Earrings (III) are the best options and well-worth sacrificing some +Atk or +Res boosts.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Phew, took about 15 stamina worth of Hit 'n Run to build up some shared medica and shared Shellga charges, but managed to master the U+ CM with just one very old SB (Fran's Whip Kick). Hurrah for Reforged Hammerheads, Heavy Coats, and Golden Staves. :woop:

Gabranth with Magic Lure + Gigas Armlet + Grit Determination (ResUp as HPDown, max 55% boost) was crucial, along with the moderate/major dark resists being given to my lower-Res characters.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So for the U++ I'm trying to put together a team that can use the following RS weapons: 1 Sword, 2 Axes, 2 Spears, and 1 Bow. I also have a Mage Sword and decent reforged Mind stick.

Agrias is already locked into the Sword so that I can bring Cleansing Strike along.
Ramza is already locked into an Axe since I have his BSB and Tailwind.
Y'Shtola is already locked into the team as well, with Wall and the medica.

In terms of Holy damage, my only other Holy SB is Beatrix' original 3x AoE, but she'd be limited to a dagger.

If I focus on using the second Axe and honed 5* skills then Luneth is a candidate: he's level 99 since my sole MC3 spent to date was on him, he can use axes, and he's now a dragoon so I can use the BotW/DJ combo for solid damage. Plus he's far stronger in Def than Res which works well for this particular boss.

Right now the last spot is temporarily on Fran since she gets RS and I have her bow so I can use the Def/Res debuff to help with DPS, and carry Stop to overwrite when necessary.

Another option would be to bring Celes with Stop and her Runic SB, so that the Piercing Darkras get lured to her, and so she can over-write the Stops That would cost me quite a bit of DPS though due to a lack of Breakdowns and Fran's debuff, unless I gave her Saint's Cross and hoped Runic kept replenishing it, while then creating a second Banishing Strike or using a Lifesiphon elsewhere.

The plan for now was to bring a Shout RW as I don't quite have a great way to MacGyver one myself (Boostga from Aerith and Hastega from Sazh or Garnet), but maybe I'll have to consider it if a EnHoly BSB would provide too much DPS to pass up.

Anyone else had success with this U++ without possessing a strong set of RS gear and SBs?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks for the feedback, Hit n Run and a lot of breakdowns and some luck regarding Slows and Stops hitting the least useful character worked out in the end.

50 more budgeted mythril can be moved to the future ultrahype stuff now, hooray for hooooardiiiing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Huh I have....0 of the items on these 4 new special banners.

And there's a Mog item.

Mannnnnnn.....

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

G5 11x pulls are still stuck on 1/11 for me, but Auron's Atk/Def debuff katana is a pretty awesome single prize. This was the first U++ which didn't require heavy reliance on a BSB RW to win, and I actually managed full medals thanks to max mitigation and the Instant KO resists.

I also picked up my first-ever 100gem SSB+ with Hope's BSB before the banner disappeared. :woop: Nice way to end a long run of junk and off-banner rainbows.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm going to tackle the Mote and Nightmare dungeons this time around (only have 1 mote and 2 NM completed) to get ready for Onion Knight and be able to make some 6* abilities if/when they're needed.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Mastered the CM with full medals. Benched Lightning for Fang for no real reason.

Fang (77) / Lightning's SB Sword - Witch's Hat - 4* Atk/Def Access. / BotW R2, Dragoon Jump R3 / Sword+ RM / Summoned Maria's Song RW
Sazh (76) / Lightning's SSB Gun - 4*+++ SIlver Bangle - 4" Atk/Def Access. / Full Break R2, Power Brkdwn R4 / Mako Might / Boon SB
Hope (76) / Hope BSB - Witch's Hat - Mag+ Access. / Chain Stonega R1, Waterja R3 / BlkDmg+ RM / BSB
Cid (75) / Vanille SB Rod - Witch's Hat - Mag+ Access. / Memento Mori R2, Dark Zone R3 / Darkness+ RM / no SB used
Vanille (78) / Vanille SSB Rod - Witch's Hat - Cat's Bell / Diaga R4, Curaja R5 / Dr. Mog's / Oerba's Boon SB

Forgot to fit Magic Breakdown/Break in somewhere so the AoE's were a bit harmful but he got off very few turns once he started taking 50k in damage from his ally. Dark Zone is nuts, was doing 2x9999 even when Maria's Song had worn off.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

Wrath with AS = 270, so 2 uses puts you at 540, which is great for spamming SBs. It's what makes Rosa's SSB medica + magic blink so powerful, since you're getting a curaga medica plus magic blink every 3rd turn at least.

:stare: I'd never really thought much about Wrath, but now I'm tempted to hone one for Y'Shtola and see what I can cook up between SS2, CuraEsunaga, and ProShellga. :getin:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Oof that U++ was a grueling ordeal for the last 30% of HP, really should have brought someone with native Hastega. They've really given us a nice cushion with the repeated adjustments to the calculations for actions taken and damage taken medals, it felt like a fight where I should have lost 2 of both but only lost 1 of each.

It's getting harder and harder to resist the urge to pull on some great banners or hone some high-level skills, can't wait for the Thanksgiving draw and OSBFest to (hopefully) provide some strong BSBs which provide useful burst actions to complement my current hones. 630 Mythril and the equivalent of 2700~ Major Orbs stocked up so far in anticipation of what's to come.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Jeez you probably have more BSBs than I do SSBs. :v:

Is there a consensus on best RM4 after Luneth's, Or has everyone else just focused on unlocking their best characters?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

SageAcrin posted:

I heard Cloud's usually thrown around as #2(30% bonus to physical attacks with Swords). Zidane/Agrias/Celes(40% boost to Thief/Knight/Spellblade) can be pretty darned worthwhile too, especially if you use any of those three.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Celes is quite popular with a good spellblade other than that whatever characters you use yeah

Cool, thanks! I almost always run a Knight and Spellblade so I'll reserve some MC3s for Agrias and Celes.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Anyone else ever had the issue where launching the app just goes to a black screen and doesn't advance further?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Neat, didn't know that the multiplayer beta started tomorrow. What's an ideal way to partner up, just posting in here, using PMs, or some sort of discord or other chat group?

I'd likely be bringing a pairing of Bartz BSB for pure physical DPS, Hope BSB for pure mage DPS, Ramza BSB for Support/Tailwind/Holy, and/or Y'Shtola with her EsunaCura, SS2, and Pulse SBs. I tended to prefer being a supporter/healer on the rare occasions that I played MMORPGs (oh turn-of-the-millenium Everquest :allears: ) so if there's some people on here who like to bring damage dealers that could sync up well!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm going to try starting a room with code 9111 and tackle the lvl99 Ifrit, if anyone wants to see how joining an existing party works out!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Someone moved the target to my Rosa after we killed the Nail, and someone else's Ramza listened. :smith:

Hahaha awesome

So I discovered that if someone disconnects when the battle screen is loading then the room leader controls their characters for the ensuing battle

Dual-wielding Y'Shtola's was quite the unique experience!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm trying to solve that too

What's your room ID?

The button to enter a room ID is on the first screen after entering a raid dungeon, before you'd select Ifrit or the other boss and go to char selects

So if you make a room let me know here and I'll join it and test this out

kalensc fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 22, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I set a rom ID if 9111 to take on Ifrit lvl140

I'll wait 5-10 min and hopefully some goons will join the assault! :)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cosmic Afro posted:

I tried, but there's really no way to go 'hey I wanna join this ID room' option.

EDIT: THAT IS in the search lobby place, not, you know, at the chose the options for the raids. I am not stupid, I swear. This is at the Face Ifrit or the other one, at the bottom, Raid ID Search.

My pals and I are, in fact, that stupid to not notice it.

Haha ya it's not intuitively laid out

Perhaps tomorrow evening I'll propose a time for 4 of ua to take the 160 on

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i've been playing this phone game casually on and off for a year now and have never thrown away an accessory and i have precisely one (1) fire resist accessory to my name so i don't know what you people are on about like they're just sitting in a pile unused in the corner

There's been at least 7 of them available as rewards for high-difficulty dungeons in standard events. Many are moderate resist with a token amount of Atk, Mag, or Def. Some are dual-element resists (XIV has a fire/earth one for example). And there's a 6* Major resist available via the Nightmare dungeons.

So it would depend on what to you mean by "casually", but anyone who completes the majority of event content will have had opportunities to accumulate a strong set of resist gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Does anybody have the Synergy stats of the Wightslayer reforged?

Want to know if it's worth the Dark Matter.

Reforged Wyvern Claws and Wightslayer are my two best III weapons, 145 and 143 attack respectively.

Edit:
Black Belt Gi gets 140/140 Def/Res, Atk 5 is unchanged
Viking Helm gets 139/124 Def/Res, and Atk is now 17
Golem Staff gets 149 Mnd

Upgradng all of them was definitely worth it for me, but I have gil and greens to spare and 0 5* III items thus far.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 25, 2016

• Locked thread