Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Black QBs win the Super Bowl all the time.

triggered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blue squares posted:

Non-Cowboys NFCE teams fans: Do you think Romo should start and when? I've seen endless discussion amongst Dallas fans, but I'd like to hear from the other teams in the division.

I think it should be up to him. If he wants to go out there and risk his already frail body, he can do so, but Dak is playing well and while Romo would definitely add something to your offense I don't see any reason to rush him back whatsoever until your team is in a Spot or possibly close to playoffs. Dak is good and Dak is the future. TBH you guys should trade Romo to a QB needy team and roll with Dak.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with Smallwood. That dude has done alright this season.

Minus a costly fumble

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

Skins still aren't getting it done in the redzone. They're 4th in the league in total yards and 3rd in the league in passing but only 16th in points per game. They don't have a big bodied end zone threat but they need to figure something out.

What is Jordan Reed?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You never know how these things will go. He's looking like a bust but there is hope and there's nothing our team can do to address the issue this season if we believe he is indeed a bust.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Speaking of, considering we are right a bit over halfway into the season....how has this Pederson+Roseman thing worked out?

We were looking at 3-4 wins the entire season going in. Instead of have PFF's #1 rated defense and special teams, what definitely appears to be our franchise quarterback FINALLY, and a coach who's very adaptable and very smart. Also, we could be flirting with 10-11 wins and sneak into the playoffs. Oh, and Roseman got our first round pick back for us. We dumped DeMarco....who admittedly would have added a whole new dimension to Pederson's offense we've been missing until last week. But gently caress DeMarco. Big loving Baby. Nobody is missing any of the Kelly cast offs (Byron lol). Kiko is doing well in Miami, but our LB core has been fantastic. Also, Chip Kelly has only won 1 game this year and has to deal with a toxic QB that is a social rights activist that doesn't vote and has stupid idiot hair.

Yay Eagles :)

Pederson hasn't been perfect, but hell, I think he should stay a couple more seasons at least.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shyduck posted:

DGB was worth the relatively low gamble, and I think they understood that from the jump. I dunno what it is with DGB, but he plays like he's 5'6" rather than 6'5".

And suffers from trampoline hands

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Leave it to Philly fans to complain about being assaulted with sound instead of just loving assaulted.

I was assaulted by performance art titled "The Wideout Without Hands"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress every non eagle, especially division rivals, but gently caress them all. Except the Flaccos who are cute and good minus loving Suggs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sorry you're a fan of a bad team friend, I hope life with Eli/two of the worst owners in all of sports treats you like piss

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The corners might actually be worse as a group but it's taken everybody forever to notice.

It's masked to a degree by our fantastic safeties whereas there's no masking bad wr play.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

hehe lol tony romo field goal

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As was not paying Maclin better, as was cutting DJax outright. We cut our 3 best offensive players and brought in a guy who didn't fit the scheme.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

There was one off-season where the Eagles had DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, and Darren Sproles signed at the same time.

And then DeSean was let go...

Younger, still fast and good cuts Darren Sproles no less

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TBH I don't think Eagle fans generally hate Redskin fans, it's more of a down the nose type thing

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That isn't true, I think both teams are very good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A bad game does not a bad team make. There aren't any complete teams this year but it certainly doesn't mean these teams are bad. If you want to see bad, look at the Eagles.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

drat, my team lost and is not a top 10 offense and defense. ..lost mofuckin season.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Romo is a Jet, Bronco, 49er or Bear. Face it :twisted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's going to be terrible.

In a year with a ton of really talented WRs on the market, we loving sign an over the hill gently caress with a troubled past.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It seems like Kenny Britt isn't the guy you want mentoring your young receivers.

Right. He's the guy you throw in there as a piece to round out an existing squad or as a hail mary. Eagles aren't in a position for either. This is a boneheaded move unless they're signing another guy with him. Drafting a WR isn't an answer for the next couple of years, we need a signing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's okay for the money (better than anyone else on the roster at WR including matthews) but he is NOT the answer to last season's woes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jota posted:

One year deal is interesting

Speculation, but maybe Matthews is gone and we're drafting a guy, giving Alshon a chance to prove he's hungry.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

We also just picked up Chance Warmack

Omg, we're even fixing the line? Be still my beating heart

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I listened to the interview driving home from MY GIRLFRIENDs house and he seemed to imply, to me, that the trade was on the table from the Saints and the Eagles said no. I think somehow some way Jenkins was on the block but I agree with Ike when he says that's just the nature of getting something you want in a trade - something you like has to go for it. Our secondary is far more of a problem than just signing The Other Awesome Receiver Available so it wouldn't have been a good deal for us. Jeffery is probably going to be really, really good for us and we're going to be paying the man a lot more money than you'd think.

To me, though, the investment in the line and receivers says to me that they like what they see in Wentz, they're going to give him all the tools he needs to prosper in this league and that we are therefore going high in the draft for RB, possibly even with our first. Could see Howie going for Fournette but that'd probably require a major draft trade. But if not him, then...Cook? Fumblitis, a killer in the NFL, and character issues (so they say), McCaffery? He wouldn't be a bowling ball, he'd be more of a Sproles replacement when we need someone that can shoot up the middle. Kamara? Same problem, not the guy we need. It might make sense to gamble and hope to scoop Foreman in the second with a corner in the first but everything I see says Humphrey and I'll be hella pissed if they take him over Lattimore or S. Jones.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. I think they will wait until the 3rd or 4th round before they take an RB. It's a deep draft for RBs and they already have Sproles, Barner and Smallwood who are fine.

They're ok but unless your coach is BB its hard to successfully rbbc. A real (not ancient) player at RB would help the offense a ton. None of those guys inspure me with confidence. Is your thinking that the beefed up line gives us a Trent Richardson effect?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They already needed one you nitwits

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Febreeze posted:

The Eagles are cool and good

*rubs eyes* Wha-

Ah. A trap. April Fools indeed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

I'm gonna miss Tony Romo. But I'm glad he's retiring. He's a nice guy and deserves his health.

Also Andy Reid is the greatest Eagles coach ever and McNabb the greatest QB and were defeated by the insidious machinations of The Nefarious Tee Oh.

Also Jim Johnson dying.

Speaking of dying, I'll probably die before admitting that McNabb was a better QB than Cunningham. Because he wasn't :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean, his season with the Vikings indicates (to me at least) the man was a monster despite that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Wentz is going to wind up being Goku, and Dak will be Vegeta

Whoever the other two field will both be Yamcha, imho

Eli is already the krillin to Brady's freiza

This has been your nfce dbz fanfic hour.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Guys I'm a little worried maybe Philly made TOO much improvement. I worry about the league hindering their ability to destroy off-seasons like they did.

Well, as a large market NFCE team, it is only natural that they have a Tom Brady level dynasty. After all, if some team has to demolish the league, it has to be a very american one like the Cowboys, the Patriots, or the team from America's very heart, Philadelphia.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

This makes sense, since I tend to think of America's heart as being black, rotten, and generally unsalvageable

So you agree we're going to clown on the cowboys then, good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles will win the division on the back of a dominant defense and even win a playoff game.

The Cowboys will go 8-8 and Tony Romo will make a statement about it, causing Dallas fans to forget he was their light in the darkness for years.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why do people love Eskin, honestly. He's ridiculously conceited.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

It's possible that we are snoozing on Smallwood

I think not. He's not bad but he has shown me no indications he's learned to protect the rock. If Mathews is still here come season start, we will have an acceptable if bottom 10 run game mitigated by a lot of short gains. The offense should be pretty good. What remains to be seen is if the DL can make up for the CBs we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Let's see if alshon can play 12+ games.

If he can play 10 it will still markedly improve our offense. Plus, Torrey is better than any of the bums we had last year too, probably.

• Locked thread