Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Solar Tornado posted:

What is the pikachu saying? Or at least what does it mean?

Trainer trains pikachu in worldly knowledge and experience, instead of combat, until it reaches a zen/nirvana state. The pikachu then blows the minds of its competition, wins the tournament, and then adopts a human child to start the cycle anew.

The syllables it's saying are PI-KA.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

PYF MM&O

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/sTxcmty.jpg :nws:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/c3Mrn7j.jpg :nws:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/pAFlB9c.jpg :nws:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

This is probably the most mean-spirited MM&O IMHO

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

More: http://comicsalliance.com/letters-to-an-absent-father-mare-odomo-pokemon-comic/

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Fantagraphics is having a 20% sale today only for 4/20.

http://www.fantagraphics.com

I'm picking up some Megg Mogg Owl and the Fletcher Hanks collection.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

little munchkin posted:

actually the joke is that shy guy tweeter would win
:goonsay:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

I feel this breaks the 180-degree rule.

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

I prefer the 2nd. (Scars be damned.)

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Werewolf Jones is a werewolf. At the end of One More Year he turns back to human because he's no longer partying/drunk/high (his "full moon").

New MM&O:

https://imgur.com/a/LMHZn

:nws: https://imgur.com/cmU85dV :nws:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Over the holidays I went through my dad's old Mad Magazines just so I could scan the one I remembered the most.

1977 - The Lighter Side Of... Crime In The Streets

Even as a kid I found it sad and tragic.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

So Rent is Megg Mogg and Owl the musical?

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

I just came across an old jumpdrive from 2006 containing browser favorites and a MSN chatlog.

Apparently I told another high-schooler that I ran into maybe twice that he just had to read these comics (as well as a bunch of anime):

White Ninja Comics aged well as least.

Of course, there was a bookmark folder just for comics:

gently caress me. Being old sucks but it sure beats being a dumbshit kid.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

White Ninja perfectly captures that feeling of swapping doodles with your buddy during class trying to make each other laugh.

You can find most of them on the Wayback Machine.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oh cool, i learned something from the comics thread, thanks

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

All of the above: MM&O

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Maybe... he was hoping for melon?

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Featuring characters created by Scott Adams

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

I fell off of Cucumber Quest for the same reasons, and then came back to find it stopped being a comic.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

I remember when the landing page was plastered with Long John Silvers ads, all above, below and on the sides with banners about fish and shrimp.

Also at one point it switched from Pictures For Sad Children to Sad Pictures For Children.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Way back someone made a comic making fun of Ryan Sohmer and portrayed him addicted to artificial masculinity and slowly shriveling up while his artist (Lar DeSouza) took pity before injecting him again.

I remember lol'ing 10 years ago, but it might be lost to time.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Medusa's reflection was safe, so I don't see why a video display would be any different.
:goonsay:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

:hampants: :gifttank:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

:rant::rant:

he's right though

I believe these comics came out before smart phones and social media really kicked off. So they were pretty way off as far as thin computers changing humanity went.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Fools Infinite posted:

This is How They Do It on “Law & Order”

(Saved from the PHIZ webcomic thread over a decade ago.)

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

You (or someone) should post the comics from his blog. I.e. the "centaur" adventure or the one where he gets into a three-way fight with KC Green and Neil Cicierega's sister. I think we've already passed Party Cat chronologically.

There was also another side blog where he drew himself about to chop off his own head with a katana because people thought his new beartato shirt was pedobear. (It's true, people do think that and I stopped wearing mine.)

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Harmon runs an officially nedorsed D&D podcast (and has an RPG impro show that has run for several seasons and I think several other RPG podcasts) so that scene in the comic where the school kids are fantasizing about loving some D&D podcast guys is suuuuuuuper :chloe:

The dialogue is referencing Adventure Zone, a D&D podcast from the makers of My Brother My Brother And Me (and their dad). That arc stops being good about 2/3 in, when the DM makes it less about his players and more about His Story. So having them gush over the ending is particularly cringe.

Harmon has nothing to do with this product as far as I know. But if you want someone to blame, that person is Patrick Rothfuss, author of The Name Of The Wind and the perpetually procrastinated upon Kingkiller Chronicle "trilogy".

He wrote this and he did it on purpose. He has a habit of expressing his enjoyment or distaste for something through sex (see: The Hobbit or Tom Bombadil).

In his foreward for the first Adventure Zone comic book he accomplished talking more about himself than anything:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

I remember Tiny Kitten Teeth. The artist used to post here way back in the day.
The art was pretty and reminded me of Little Golden Books.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Doubtful Guest posted:

Not strictly a comic, but a routine about comics which I think folk here would enjoy.

This was great thank you. The 9/11 tribute was perfection.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Fools Infinite posted:

Two towns over, Gary awakens with two thing: a mysterious tattoo of the front half of a tiger, and a new destiny as the chosen one.

How would Beartato even possibly chew there, you ask? The answer is that anything is possible when you believe in yourself.

Bottom of foot: you'll go somewhere new. Palm of hand: You'll receive money. Entire body, inside and out: you enjoy candy.

I was hatched from one of those Silly Putty eggs

I enjoy every Beartato batch but the last few have filled me with dread knowing that sometime soon they're just going to end.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Fools Infinite posted:

Hate to see what would have happened had he lost

I love how progressively agitated Beartato gets.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i ain't reading all that
i'm happy for u tho
or sorry that happened

How quickly history is forgotten.

Long and short of it: older crazy weeaboo is "slighted" by her boyfriend who... wouldn't make her her dream video game. This was her fantasizing his apology.

She also made webcomics of course.

(I actually dig the Mac Classic style.)

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Fools Infinite posted:

Now in two convincing fruit flavors!

spoiler: it’s papaya

You’ll have to pry them from my cold, dead mouth

I come to this wharf at night to AVOID crimes

This is what is known in the business world as a ‘hard sell.’

I knew this day would come. Again.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

There's still the Emmy C collabs and Party Cat to go, if Fools Infinite is up to it (thank you for your service).

Quite a few lesser seen comics/art here too:
https://nedroidcomics.tumblr.com/archive
http://nedroid.com/category/blog/

Unrelated:

This goddamn bullshit is why my shirt is in storage.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Inspired by some of the other posters itt, I'd like to serially post one of my favorite comics ever: The original DOOM comic!

The entire thing is up on Doomworld if you want to go and read it there, and it's fairly short, but I figured I'd post it here a few pages at a time over a few posts for anyone who hasn't read it before.

My favourite lines have long been:

"I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad!"

"Chainsaw! The great communicator!"

(Later) "Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good!"

Doom 2016 was a fantastic game and told an actual story with as little dialogue as possible. (Mostly about how there's not much difference between unsafe/demanding corporatism and a literal Hell-worshiping cult - lives get devoured either way.)

Doom Eternal was awful in nearly every way (story, presentation, art style, level design, combat flow, sloppy difficulty calibration, glitchy as hell, they pissed off Mick Gordon, the final gun sucked, Duke Nukem 3D had better urban environments, "mortally challenged", they don't let you pilot one of the mechs, etc).

:goonsay: ACKSHYUALLY berserk packs last for the whole level, but when the red screen effect fades it's natural to assume the effect fades too. I thought so for many years and clearly the writer assumed so too

6-yo me: I'm sorry what

33-yo me: I'm sorry what

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

What a twist, it was Doom II: Hell on Earth all along.

This would make a good tall-AV:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

If it’ll make you feel better I could post pictures for sad children from the start once I’m done

Hark! A Vagrant would make a good candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

A few people mentioned it, but this comic is the very next one. I don't think there are any more comics that are explicitly about the chain, but for a while the mouseover text was all changed to "Long John Silvers, where dreams go to die." At least until the author was contacted by corporate and told to knock it off.

Not only that, but at the time the entire page was redone with a Long John Silvers background and banner ads on all sides. Blue and yellow everywhere.
I wanted to dig it up but well...