Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

holy poo poo

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

titties posted:

There's no reason for the car not to pass the semis.

The angry stares are for the driver's unreasonable keening.

I thought you weren't supposed to overtake on the inside?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The smart play is reading Trixie Slaughteraxe for President first, because the edges af the artstyle have been sanded down slightly, and then if you enjoyed that you know the rest of Thorsby's work is worth checking out.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
All the pro Thorsby posters are clearly receiving bribes from the Danish ministry of culture.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I wish I had access to some real Calvin and Hobbes, ona ccount of that being worth posting in the favourites comics thread.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

By popular demand posted:

A. It's never the end that sells a story but the insane poo poo and action along the way.
B. While a red victory was completely assured from the start just going by the numbers very few stories of the underdogs holding out were ever this intense.
C. Getting to watch the bad guys loving up thier own armies with insane paranoid orders is a personal favourite.

Also the facts never stopped a fun TV show.

You'd probably want to wrap things up at the end of the winter war anyway, seeing as covering Finnish support of the Nazi offensive into Russia might undermine the patriotic themes.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Shocked to see a comic that is both novel and entertaining in this thread.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
People should be posting any old poo poo they sincerly like. If people like MMO so much, why don't they post it?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

Ugly and depressing comics crew has held the high ground for a while and is being put on the defensive by the latest offensive from nicely drawn and earnest comics crew.

Where does the queer possum comic fall on this spectrum?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Is there any way to read MM&O that isn't Instagram? Its not the ideal medium.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm waiting for the HFD remaster with new CG scenes.

I'm going to kick off if they re-dub it to make the dialogue more natural.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
When will "pallidinus" be added to the poll?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Paladinus is fine, his sense of humor is just very deadpan I think. Like I figured those polls were meant to be funny, part of an ongoing low key bit

I suspect part of the problem was his av getting defaced, the quietly-stewing cat really gave the proper context to read his posts in imo

I was gunna say, a cat is probably better for your polling numbers than a greasy face.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

yea nah is used in a whole bunch of english dialects, including mine

The Big Lez show probably helped spread it around a bit.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

I'm finding myself enjoying late period PFSC much more than the earlier stuff.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Nebrilos posted:

Why are the mother and the son so happy that dad is being taken away?

He's a bad dad so he's been put in the bad bin.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Big fan of Lostclock's unrepentant glee up until something goes wrong.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Hirayuki posted:

I admit that sometimes I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this comic, but boy, I sure do like it. :allears:

These last combat scenes feel like Thorsby getting all his cool fight ideas out before the story has to wrap up.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The book is very good, even if the subject matter is understandably bleak at moments.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Kit Walker posted:

It's worse

Wait, I thought it was just the Icelandic Coast Guard enforcing a complete quarantine of the island; the people are waving because they don't know about the kill orders and are expecting to get picked up. That's why Arni wants to quit; they just killed a boat full of people without even trying to see if they're infected or not.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
drat I didn't realise this was a secret Aphelion prequel.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Qwertycoatl posted:

I struggle to care about what's going on. There's some mystery but the protagonist apparently has no interest in figuring anything out so why should I?

When it first started getting posted here I read ahead a bit to see when it hit the turn, but it never really seemed to come.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Lurk Ethic posted:

If people aren't into it, I can stop posting. nbd

[edit for new page] The Property of Hate, I mean. :)

Don't let me discourage you, the more content the better. Even when I don't personally like something it can be interesting to see people's reaction to it.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Kit Walker posted:

Seems that spell didn't last long

I like the slightly bored attendant turning off the eldritch warbling

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
This video contains important and relevent SSSS lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk&t=1s

Vagabong has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Apr 9, 2022

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
My one complaint about 10 earth shattering blows is that due to the art style it can be unclear how injured somebody is. Some dudes take hits like a champ and others die like chumps and its not always clear which is which until someone states it.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Some level of gore or blood spray usually helps, but 10EB is surprisingly tame in that manner, considering the style and subject matter.

Like the catapulted knight dude is probably either dead or unconscious, but he's not really bruised or injured, so it just looks like he's along for the ride.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Enjoying TDBC's depiction of an American.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Hempuli posted:

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
BLUERAZZ SOURPOWER SNACKATTACKPACKS
August 29, 2004

lol

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Forgot how hosed up some of the early SSSS monster designs were

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Something about military personnel doing the thorsby run makes it even funnier.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
L&B have the vibe of a early 2010's Vice comic but with less arthouse pretentions

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Val and isaac is good

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
People come at SFP for not really having an in-depth knowledge of the superhero genre that it was critiquing, but in retrospect it had a far worse understanding of the sociopolitical issues it was trying to grapple with.

Not that it's heart wasn't in the right place, just that its politics are incredibly dated to the early 2010s.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Getting very excited that 10ESB is getting to the point where I stopped reading to wait for more updates.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I crave more carpets

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

Yep, Mikkel must wander the nordic wasteland haunted by the knowledge that mcdonalds is gone forever and he never got to taste it.

There's a reason why everyone but the danes chose to forget the past.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I'm enjoying Qualia the Purple, although the writer's/translator's insistence on only referring to the two leads as ''friends'' is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Tenebrais posted:

You wouldn't be freaked out knowing that part of your body is literally made out of scrap metal?

I think it's less being upset at Yukari about it and more that it came as a result of a seriously traumatic event that left her questioning whether she's even really human, with one very obvious target who actively involved herself. More trauma than hatred.

Also Yukari did the operation without anaesthetic, which is probably going to lead to hard feelings even if your life was saved.