Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BobCooney76/status/870378290548273153

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

tanglewood1420 posted:

What should I watch on Netflix to help kill these final three hours?

I am debating between:

In The Heat Of The Night
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (the US/Fincher version)
The Nice Guys
The Neon Demon

Thank you NBA thread.

If you haven't seen In the Heat of the Night, watching it. It's an American classic.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Liberty_Ballers/status/870439952173211648

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Noctone posted:

sometimes i forget how insane karl malone's physique is, we need to get that guy on top of having some more illegitimate children. like, a lot of them. we put horses out to stud, why not retired pro athletes?

They could always just point him in the direction of a junior high school in Mexico.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

its such a no brainer that its literally never happened in any sport(that i care about) ever?

LeBron did leave a 61 win Cavs team to go a team with Wade and Bosh. I guess that's one less great player than the Warriors had when Durant joined, but it's a pretty similar situation.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

the 2nd best WS player on the cavs team he left was anderson verajao. the 3rd was mo williams. this is the same as leaving a thunder team with westbrook? they probably keep ibaka if he doesn't hang them out to dry for awhile too

Yeah that's true; that roster was soooooooo old. Shaq, Z, and Varejao's combined.age was 100+ iirc.

I just have a hard time calling a 61 win team mediocre even if they're in the East. Ignore me, I'm just hairsplitting :cheers:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

To be fair his dad probably disowned him for fear of what might happen to his family still in Turkey.

Absolutely terrifying situation. Can't even imagine what Kanters family is going through right now.

He did. If he hadn't, this would have happened a long time ago.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/7/8/8914659/the-clippers-mavericks-battle-for-deandre-jordan-is-all-out-emoji

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

Is Chris Bosh a hall of famer or just a hall of very gooder?
Kinda hard to argue against 10+ All Star appearances and 2 rings.

Speaking of Bosh.

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/870759709569110016

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I remember the good old days when our govt banned ES cell research at the same time they were funding studies on Remote Prayer.

:dance:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

TBeats posted:

I hope he goes to the Magic. Not because I think he will make my team better, but I think his dad deserves that.

Lavar is the prototypical Floridaman.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Ball ends up the Sixers, I cant wait for Lavar's first appearance on WIP with Eskin

That amount of rear end in a top hat being in the same room would violate the laws of physics.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/871416779783806977

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Some internet detective found Adam Silver's Twitter account. It's protected so no funny material.

@miltonpoint

https://medium.com/@5kl/adam-silvers-twitter-account-b139351b0251

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Libertine posted:

Klay strikes again from downtown. He's on fire.

Klay is in the AC system blowing smoke through the vent into the visitor's locker room.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Bitch sit down.

How dare we think the guy who nicknamed himself the King isn't humble.

:allears:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He didn't nickname himself that (it goes back to him in high school), and King _____ is the most common nickname in sports.

Embraced, whatever. The point is all the hate directed at Curry/Durant is incredibly hypocritical and tends to come from people lionizing LeBron at the same time while ignoring stuff like the Decision, the 2-3 years of professional flopping, demanding players like Daniel Ewing/Damon Jones etc. During his original stint with the Cavs, signing with a management team with no experience, etc.

Frankly none of the three are that bad for professional athletes, especially from previous generations. JFC Magic exposed his wife and children to HIV, Bird's favorite pasttime was getting drunk and fighting in bars, etc.

They all seem like pretty decent guys and they're incredibly professional for the most part.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/872146585148416001

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I'd vote for that ticket.

https://twitter.com/AlyshaTsuji/status/872225048534241280

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

No, but seriously, Popovich needs to challenge Ted Cruz

Also, I was 100% convinced there was a game tonight

I thought it was Wednesday up until I read your post.

:doh:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/MadBladder/status/872476448858165248

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

George W Bush saw into Putin's soul and knew he was a good man. It was a different time, before cold war 2 started because Russia objected to regime change operations in Ukraine and then Syria. It was a time before popular finance blogs were put on an official list of Russian propaganda dupes for criticizing Hillary Clinton and various foreign wars. It was a better time, french touch and electro house were keeping clubs across the world banging, Mark thecobrasnake Hunter was taking pics of LA's coolest club attendees and Yvan Rodic was doing the same in Europe. It was a far better time (2006)

:allears:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

His feet are going to explode the first game he wears them.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

At first I thought this was footage of Derek Fisher's DUI arrest.

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/872568255306706944

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Sometimes something matters.

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/872585155013201924

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Doltos posted:

Basketball is dead.

And it's never been better.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

nah this will be great for basketball just like how everyone loved the yankees in the late 90s

People hate the Yankees whether they're winning or losing.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

actually this owns

Time posted:

this rules lmbo

Can't wait till he kills someone else drunk driving.

:cheers:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Kibner posted:

Because that event and his tweet are closely related.

He's a spoiled little brat who's never had to take responsibility for his behavior. The tweet and his bullshit afterwards are pretty indicative of who he is as a person.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Time posted:

was he drunk? its not saying that in god's most perfect source, wikipedia

Wikipedia also doesn't mention that he was nailed for reckless driving and had his license suspended 2-3 more times between the crash and his conviction. There's something wrong with the guy.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Are you the best friend he killed

Yes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The Utah White Separatists Who Are Creepily Nice.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Turn left. Do not seriously engage.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Team_KB24/status/719771006575845376

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Tec-9 seems like a gun with the appropriate shooting accuracy for Telfair.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

He's not wrong.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

5 beers slices of avocado toast a head

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The B_36 posted:

Yes, this makes alot of sense: let's risk losing in the Finals AGAIN in epic fashion, and give up on all the revenue from being remembered as a legendarily great team, just so I can make an extra $12 million dollars, when I'm already a multi-billionaire who spends $12 million each month just on gas for my fleet of Ferrari's. Oh, and we only get half (60% as the home team?) of that revenue anyway.

Perfect sense.

Oh, and as mentioned, Game 6 would be played in Cleveland anyway.

In non-conspiracy land, very very few NBA owners are owners because they need to make money from the team. The Warriors are hugely profitable without trying to extend series artificially. This is a terrible argument.

Not that I agree with the original sentiment, but I think you are drastically underestimating​ the irrational+self destructive greed of modern billionaires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Warriors came out and played.

:hist101:

• Locked thread