Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Should I vote early on my day off or take an hour off work to do it Tuesday...

This is a fantastically privileged position to be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

why not both?

Soros only paid me for one.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Well if we were going to get an oppo bomb it'd be this morning at the latest. I guess there's nothing then. Nothing left to do but wait out the clock and hope our lead holds.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

It'll hold my friend.

I am an unmovable rock from now until the 8th.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's the other caveat I forgot. If there somehow actually is fire to go with the smoke for once in Clinton's life, then she could probably be impeached successfully, though to be fair, if she really did do something Watergate-level illegal, she should be. And, on top of that, she'd probably follow Nixon's example and resign if she got caught doing something actually, legitimately bad, so we'd hopefully be spared the impeachment trial altogether.

In the very least we can rest assured that we're electing the most thoroughly vetted president in American history. There's nothing shocking left to learn about HRC.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Tim Kaine could not have beaten Trump in a debate and wouldn't have enjoyed a post-debate bump.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's fun to think about how other candidates would be doing now but we were gifted an unflappable female candidate to oppose a gross misogynist and sexual predator. People talk about optics but this is the sort of match-up you only get when planets align. I voted for Sanders but I absolutely get why many people consider HRC the perfect candidate for this weirdass election.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sanders would squeak out a victory against Trump, down-ballot would suffer more than it already is, we get 4 years of deadlock before the GOPe runs a Rubio or Kasich or anyone who isn't a rapist and Sanders would lose without a wide network of party support.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Non Serviam posted:

At some point they decided that they want to be as objective and accurate as Breitbart, but from the left.

I don't stand behind HuffPo as an outlet but tying Trump to Trump voters, especially those that feigned at taking "principled stands" in the past and came crawling back, needs to become a regular part of political discourse going forward. Because they're going to try to dump him like hot garbage.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

She apparently joked about drone striking him once.

According to a "source"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

BigRed0427 posted:

I don't know man. Milo is still an unexplained phenomenon for me.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Imagine what a powerful tool Wikileaks would have been for the right if they played it cool and didn't out themselves as partisans. Release a Trump tidbit here and there that gets okay'd by Trump and Putin as something that'll never matter while reserving the biting stuff for HRC. They keep their air of legitimacy and preserve whatever modicum of goodwill they still had from left-leaning people not in on the joke.

Though they're even failing at that last bit. Has Wikileaks done anything but flail around like a wet noodle this whole election?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

woke wedding drone posted:

Remember folks, seven days until Clinton wins and you're tempted to welcome your racist friends and family back into the community of humans. Don't do it! Hound them with their choices until they become depressed.

Doing this runs the risk of missing out on vital schadenfreude.

So I say verily, be mindful of who you let back in but unblock your racist relatives for a bit on FB to see how they're doing for a week or so.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Spiffster posted:

gently caress MY STATE DO NOT SCREW UP THE SENATE!!! :argh:

Only nugget of good coming from this.

FULL ON :derp: MODE ACTIVE TILL ELECTION NOW!

This has been a given for a few weeks now - Bayh is a terrible candidate. It's not worth arzying over if the outcome is already known.

We don't need Bayh to retake the senate do we? If so lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Indiana voters will be asked the very important question "Should hunting and fishing rights be enshrined in the state constitution?" this year.

There are currently no challenges against hunting or fishing in the state. Indiana GOP want to add it to the constitution "just cuz".

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 2, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Without daily douchebags the thread instantly reverts to a circular firing squad and gets a lot more tedious to read, so as far as I'm concerned keep 'em coming.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

drat, deplorables death threated their way out of a November surprise. Deplorable.

Trump has plenty of rape accusations already. Not to sound insensitive to this individual's pain but if she came forward she'd just be another one for the pile. In light of that I don't blame her for backing out, for her own safety and sanity.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Freakazoid_ posted:

welp looks like hillary's gonna win, guess that means I can vote third party without feeling bad about it :)

We're having a popular referendum on white nationalism - one candidate is yes, one is no, two others are "unsure".

Are you unsure?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Feldegast42 posted:

I never got the whole thing about Solyndra. Government put money in company that didn't pan out, oh no? That happens all the time in business!

Kingdoms of Amalur was the right-wing Solyndra.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh please god not Cory Booker.

Serious question: what can the right throw at Booker and stick that they can't stick to Clinton?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah I am about this float to adding mcmagic to my ignore list because I am tired of unending primary chat.

See the lovely thing about adding people to your ignore list in this thread is that the people most likely to be put on ignore are also the most likely to be quoted repeatedly by literally everyone.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Lemming posted:

Lol if you buy your own avatars

I'm neither funny nor offensive so I stand no chance of anyone ever wasting :10bux: on me.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I don't get it I DON'T GET IT

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My first exposure to the internet as a child was beastwars.com

Now it just forwards to Hasbro. I was really hoping for a sweet Space Jam-esque relic.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I have been a member of this forum for one year as of yesterday.

NeoGAF banned me and I had nowhere else to go.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

4th meal = 5th column

GONNA MAKE YA SQUART,,,,,,YEA BABY

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I think most of us are on board with the fact that HRC is going to win next week, probably comfortably.

We probably won't retake the senate but we're expecting that.

What I don't think we're prepared for - what our blood pressure isn't prepared for - is the media continuing its campaign against Clinton throughout her first term and likely her second, if she gets one. They're going to lend legitimacy to every petty impeachment attempt and every hearing on emailghazi. They've tasted blood and I see no reason for them to stop just because she won. The only difference will be no Trump, so she gets 100% of their focus.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bloops Crusts posted:

Evan Bayh is now polling underwater in Indiana. GOP chances of keeping the Senate up considerably if he loses.

As an Indiana resident, it seems the more I throw money at this race, the worse it gets.

Yeah I really hope he's not necessary to retake the senate - if so all hope is lost.

I really don't understand what his appeal was supposed to be. Like, he's a dem (albeit a lovely one) and will vote the party line, that's enough for me, but to your average Indiana voter he's a sleazy lobbyist who follows the money and spent his last year in the senate exclusively job hunting. Like I hate that his Republican opponent is zeroing in on that line of criticism and is 100% correct in his assessment.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bloops Crusts posted:

He's a former Indiana governor and senator. A popular one, too. Methinks that was the appeal.

But Bayh is an insider running in the year of the outsider. In a red state, which Trump is going to win easily. And Todd Young happens to be a fresh face. A fresh face full of crow's feet, but a fresh face nonetheless. And he gets to thump his chest and say, "Ooh-rah" because he's a former US Marine. Power to him, but he still isn't my man.

I'm debating on volunteering Monday/Tuesday. Never done it before, but I've never felt like the future of the country and the world was more at stake, so it's kind of motivating me.

I mean even Mike Pence was once popular enough to be our governor - is there data on how much goodwill there was left for Bayh after he hosed off?

Good luck with your volunteering, I hope it goes well and selling Bayh to undecided voters in Indiana isn't the Sisyphean task I imagine it to be.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You know how hipsters will say they listen to everything except for country and rap?

I only listen to country and rape. I am the meta hipster.

Doesn't Pitchfork put rap and pop on a weird pedestal?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mr. Belding posted:

Did anyone else listen the latest This American Life?

Zoe Chace has a great story starting at 16:05 that's mostly about anti-immigration campaigns in Minnesota. At the story's heart is a young man named Bobby Benson who is desperately trying to explain that his friends and family are still good people despite the fact that they support racist policies and vocally supported the attack of a Somali woman in an Applebee's for daring to speak her native language with her friends.

It's preeeeeeeeeeeetty good. And also you know, a reminder. Your friends and family aren't good people. They would have elected Hitler. Humans aren't brave or smart, they are dumb and scared.

This whole thing made my blood boil the other day.

I grew to hate that little old lady who was all "I don't believe or endorse any of this but let me tell you why the white nationalists were in the right".

And that poor loving guy who had to explain to his constituents that they don't get to pick their neighbors. You could really hear the desperation in his voice.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Has anyone said President Trump yet?

No but Conway has said President Clinton.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Xae posted:

No way Tzeentch or Khorne get behind Trump.

That fucker is Slaanesh through and through.

Tzeentch tries to pull that puppetmaster poo poo no matter what happens and claim it was all part of his plan so expect smug gloating from the Changer of Ways no matter who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Who is Nurgle's choice? And who would Khorne or Tzeentch pick?

I'm definitely sure that Clinton has the God-Emperor's vote though.

Nurgle probably stumps for Stein as a fellow spreader of disease.

• Locked thread