Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
what's arzying mean i hear that term a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BaDandy posted:

Yo where did that dude go, I was gonna hand them a handy-dandy thing that might explain the magic of wi-fi, it's a little thing we all like the call the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

fuckin magnets

how do they work

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Fun fact: 114k died from measles in 2014 while it took ten years to kill 175k in Iraq (seriously just googled "how many died in Iraq" to get that number).

Jill Stein gives zero fucks about those measles deaths as a result of supporting antivaxx bullshit.

please, she prefers to be called doctor stein

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pander posted:

What's the most sarcastic way you can possibly inflect the word "Doctor"?

chiropractor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fingats crossed that a talking head compares this to david duke's book Finders-Keepers: Finding and Keeping the Man You Want

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Grouchio posted:

As someone with high-functioning Autism, I'm going to have to check if my parents were pro or anti-vaccine before reaching a personal consensus.
Nevertheless the issue seems somewhat silly.

for real you should ask if either of them were on SSRIs up to a year or so before you were conceived since that's still under scrutiny as a possible link (currently weak-ish evidence tho)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HannibalBarca posted:

this is the most historically illiterate thing I've read in quite some time, thanks.

you should try reading some of their other posts

Peechka posted:

Here is my new frankenAR15 I just built. for Hillary and Obama. $530 Works great although wolf steel dont cycle through it. (yet)

Yeah I know, cheap rear end scope that people say does not work. But let me tell you something, I mounted that thing on, no sighting in and at 50 yrds it was 1 in low and to the left. After about 250 rounds through it its still keeping its zero, does not flicker or anything. $80, yeah ill take it.

http://i.imgur.com/ykgOhKR.jpg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SunAndSpring posted:

Hmm, that seems like a permabannable offense to me.

that fyad beat out tfr for secret service attention is p amazing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol he edited his post

too late i already quoted it peech

Peechka posted:

Here is my new frankenAR15 I just built. for Hillary and Obama. $530 Works great although wolf steel dont cycle through it. (yet)

Yeah I know, cheap rear end scope that people say does not work. But let me tell you something, I mounted that thing on, no sighting in and at 50 yrds it was 1 in low and to the left. After about 250 rounds through it its still keeping its zero, does not flicker or anything. $80, yeah ill take it.

http://i.imgur.com/ykgOhKR.jpg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Stultus Maximus posted:

Um, doesn't this sort of thing usually get someone banned or are TFR rules a little different?

i'm more impressed that it just floated right through that thread w/o comment

goddamn, tfr

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

You all can just ignore the photos if they upset you. My question still stands though.

what's your permabanned username

spacetoaster posted:

They perma banned me a long time back and don't reply to any emails I send them.

Well, I get the robo letter that says they have received my email and will get back with me.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Drunk Theory posted:

Um...Not to defend spacetoaster's trolling here. But he's speaking about Star Citizen. Really completely different clusterfuck.

oh

hahahaha

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

computer parts posted:

The biggest sign of this was the people crying about closed primaries, as though they had never registered as Democrats before.

or people who were complaining about This Undemocratic Party Preferring Her over a guy who had joined up to run in their primary less than a year before

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mel Mudkiper posted:

brainwashed

to kill the president!

hey i reported him before he edited it i guess the tfr mods are fine w/ secret service visits not in yet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cacator posted:

I thought Nintendo was misogynistic because they refused to make Link into a girl?

i just googled "girl link" and get plenty of results what's the big deal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Still waiting on my call from the FBI.

that peechka guy who literally posted a threat to obama and hillary in tfr is still around too

somehow

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

TFR mods take that stuff really seriously, don't think they're ignoring it.

makes sense

have there been any others? checking the perma list is kinda difficult since it's so clogged w/ dare

FactsAreUseless posted:

Since I know other people are going to ask about this: apparently the post didn't get reported right away, and the TFR mod only found out about it a few minutes ago, and then I dug up the unedited version that was quoted in this thread. He was, in fact, banned almost immediately for it. TFR takes that sort of post really seriously, which is also why the admins generally let moderators make most of the actual probation/banning decisions. They actually know the forums and the posters in question.

Edit: I also realize that I should have just reported the post or PMed it to the mod myself, but legit didn't think of it at all. Nobody's perfect.

hell yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not many. By all reports, TFR is one of the best-behaved gun forums on the internet. I don't have any basis for comparison, but there's a reason it's still part of the forums.

iirc there's just that one murder/suicide incident from like '06 where the guy asked tfr about some kinda ammo

even yospos has a higher deathcount

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pastrymancy posted:

I had to vacuum confetti out of a carpet once though, so it just brings back painful memories

At least it's not glitter :gonk:

glitter is the herpes of arts & crafts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

I also had to learn not to say "retarded." Habits of speech are often mostly subconscious and hard to be aware of, and even harder to break. That was a tough one for me because it just didn't come up in my life. It's a pervasive one because the differently abled can be made invisible very easily, and that makes it difficult to be conscious of the effects the way we might be with "gay" or similar.

only cretins and morons and pinheads use antiquated medical terminology to call people stupid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

America is still a slave society.

in louisiana the big state prison, angola, is built on the site of an old cotton plantation

it's a "working prison" which means that prisoners are forced pick cotton for pennies a day

they also have a prison rodeo that is an even more disgusting human rights violation - one example is the "Inmate Poker" event:

quote:

Four inmate cowboys sit at a table in the middle of the arena playing a game of poker. A bull is then released with the sole purpose of unseating the poker players. The last man remaining seated is the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got rid of the word filters.

finally i can spell anroid as it is intended

• Locked thread