Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Where is Negrotown located geographically? I'm looking at AirBNB and they don't mention it at all. In fact, I don't see any black people in any of these pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

New av got em shook

What if my white feeling is apathy?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

woke wedding drone posted:

This is getting into pick-up artist theorizing territory.

Well he is the neg romancer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I knew a guy in high school everyone called Day Day. His real name was Calvin?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who has the best gently caress quesadillas?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Right wing meltdowns after elections are my anti-drug.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

*turns hat and chair around*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dave Chappelle helped me and he should help you too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG0ezLiVGc

It was me. I was the generic white liberal in this.

Seriously though SNL was spot on and Dave hasn't lost a step.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

negromancer posted:

I was just about to post this. This was me pretty much. It's amazing how white people with black friends somehow still believed we lived in a post-racial country. It's almost as if they never had any real conversations with their black friends and only had them as props.

As a white guy I can say it's super easy to fall into your own bubble of privilege and really believe things are getting better no matter what anyone else says, even if they experience racism and oppression every day. That's what I did and then Trump was elected and it was just a snap back into reality that no, it's still poo poo. I'll try not to fall back into that bubble again but it will happen. It always happens.

whydirt posted:

On the other hand, gently caress SNL for letting Trump host.

Agreed. Weekend Update has basically been Michael and Colin just brutally tearing into him and anyone around him for the past few weeks though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

He's so loving good! You know what, if that's a side effect of this topsy-turvy world I'll take it.

Do white people even know about Sway?

We do but only as the guy from MTV with the hat.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I had Speed 2 on laserdisc.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There's also the fact that the US has poo poo for mental health care and if it's poo poo for white people you better bet it's way worse for black people.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They were thinking of doing a Civil War Museum here but now they're not so sure because apparently the fuckers with confederate flags on their trucks that like to hang out in the parking lot are scaring people away.

Basically racists ruin everything even things racists like.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

Well, I wasn't even aware Warhol got shot...

Campbell's is real protective of their image.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dwayne McDuffie was a gem and the world is worse without him in it.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

We also need Sam Wilson (the current Captain America) to give an "America is full of racist trash" speech.

Remember when Sam fought the Sons of the Serpent and conservatives got all mad because hey this KKK analogue is too much like us!

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 30, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Talmonis posted:

The original comic version of Civil War straight up blew my mind with how wrong of a direction they took it. They took an allegory for Muslim persecution after 9/11 and decided "nah, fascism and paranoia are right." Up to and including a scene with firemen, paramedics and police dragging Captain America off of Iron Man.

I mean, to be fair, it did wind up exactly how Cap feared. Green Goblin was in charge of all the superheroes and started doing a bunch of shady poo poo.

Cap was right all along, like always.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

There were a couple of fun things with black Superman though. For one, everyone thought Lex Luthor (who was still white) was a racist. Two, the whole Justice league was also black, with one exception. Go on, can you guess who? :allears:

Was it Martian Manhunter?

Edit: Here's a comic from the 50's. Weird Fantasy #18

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/54803.html

The writers were told that they had to change the astronaut to a white guy. They said gently caress you. Then, after a lot of anger, they were told ok the astronaut could be black, but they needed to get rid of some of the sweat.

They said gently caress you to that too.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 1, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look at successful defenses against Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. You can get away with murdering a black person as long as you paint them as a mindless rage golem. And police are allowed to just dump that paint all over.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't believe Kanye is turning into Don Cheadle in Meteor Man :(

Edit: Yeah it turns out your brain is basically reality for you and when it starts telling you there's people out to kill you or whatever you literally can't not believe it.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 9, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

arbiter of blackness

This is a pretty cool loving name though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

yeah thats basically whats been going on with the avatars. we've talked about this in the misogynoir thread too. Some racists (that we probably ran out of here) are all up in their feelings.

It's not enough that we segregate the black people off to their own threads, we also have to poo poo all over them while doing it!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The black community will never forgive McDonald's for what they did to McDowell's.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fluffdaddy posted:

Speaking of Denzel, where the hell has he been?

He was just in Magnificent Seven and Fences is coming out on Christmas.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Isn't the list of cool trends Black people -> Gay people -> Women people -> White boys -> White men -> Rappin grannies?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

You gotta work sassy talking pets on disney channel sitcoms in there somewhere

I was spending time with my niece and nephew one day and found out there was a show called Dog With A Blog and it changed my life.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I have every DVD set of Fresh Prince and now I feel a strong urge to watch it again after I finish Revolution (aka: Crackers in the Apocalypse part 12). The only POC is a duplicitous bad guy with anger problems who disowns his son for not wanting to be a wanton murderer. Because of course. Has there ever been a positive depiction of black people in a post-apocalypse scenario? Now I'm kinda genuinely curious because I'd watch/read the poo poo out of that.

And yes, please post about intersectional topics as long as it links into black experience somehow. If we can talk about comic books with black characters we can talk about intersections between the queer and black communities (it's most of what I post about :)).

Agent 355 was pretty badass in Y: The Last Man.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That dude looks like the angry dean from an 80's college movie.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Black People are a monolith that are all part of Black Lives Matter. Each one is also the leader and what they say everyone else agrees with. I've learned this from reading social media.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Racism was invented by Lincoln and ended by MLK and I went to public school in the south.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yes white people consolidated all the power in the US over the centuries, but now shouldn't it be the responsibility of the powerless to fix that? Hopefully without any sort of protesting that inconveniences me.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I cannot believe there are two entire threads where I, a white man, isn't honored for posting there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would personally be flattered to be called Goku. He's the strongest anime.

Although a white dude refusing to refer to a black dude by the name he wants to be called is probably not the best way to go about things.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wait a second, next you're going to tell me Hillary didn't invent the Dab?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Look we know you guys aren't used to having two black movies but like please get the name right.

I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 and there's an Uber style app you can pick people up and drive them around with. One dude you pick up just wants to go for a cruise and you smoke weed and quote Friday with him the whole time.

"Friday, the black movie white people like."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

negromancer posted:

Lets see how much those who were tweeting about #BLMKidnapping talk about this story.

http://abc7chicago.com/1366899/

Might call it the #ALMLynching

The comments are, of course, horrible. But then there's these:

quote:

Are you making excuses? Where are the leaders? Seems like this community needs to get it's act together. Bad family culture, no doubt.

quote:

Probably no fathers in the home. And they probably listen to heavy metal.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gringostar posted:

It's hosed up they want to blame heavy metal when we all know country is the real culprit here.

I don't like most country. Darius Rucker is the only one with anything real to say.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In defense of Willie Nelson he was really, really high.

Who has better weed, Snoop or Willie?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

biracial bear for uncut posted:

You can when she does painfully awkward stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCgDPBmbOM

MODS?

DOES THIS COUNT AS A RAPPIN GRANNY?!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede in Branson and ate a tiny chicken but they didn't have silverware and she didn't actually show up.

Also they had ostrich races for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

All good but you shouldn't need to know anything about a woman to know she's more than just tits, because no woman is just tits.

Could you imagine if one was though? She would be unstoppable!

• Locked thread