Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
People said Hillary was Cersei Lannister, she turn out to be Catelyn Stark. and yesterday was the red wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Not a Step posted:

Its partly the media, but mainly its the way city dwellers have always viewed the rural populations, with a seasoning of identity politics to make it extra spicy.

1. All whites are racist.
2. All poors are double racist, uneducated and abject failures because they had all that white privilege and did nothing with it.
3. All rural people are triple racist, backwards, and probably inbred to boot.

Therefore gently caress poor rural whites, they will only be satisfied by the literal subjugation and re-enslavement of blacks, and would never have any other hopes, dreams or desires we could appeal too

and the whole "flyover state" idea, like i may be weird but i rather have a nice lakeside cabin in MN and get drunk and fish then go to new york and hang out at clubs and spa's, saying that must make a few liberals think i am a slavemaster though

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Venom Snake posted:

She never talked about it because the staff were scared theyd alienate voters hahahahahaahahahahahahahaha kill me

well that sure loving worked, didn't it? we deserved trump.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Venom Snake posted:

No we don't

i know, we are hosed. i can't move to canada, i have no money, and rish white liberals are moving away leaving the poor with the mess.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Nov 10, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
also may i ask what was the idea with having lady gaga talk on stage dressed like a nazi?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Oh Snapple! posted:

CELEBRITIES

i know but could of she just have a outfit that is not a nazi from her concert set.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know if more youth employment in dem campaigns would mean more or less "YAASSSS QUEEEN" crap. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad slogan if we were applying it to people who are not 70 and super super white.

and it a reference to a mass murdering dictator woman who hosed her brother in a fantasy show where everyone is a mass murdering rear end in a top hat who love to gently caress.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I think it comes from drag culture. Along with "slay" and "read" and pretty much all the great words.

well i did turn on paul ru drag race thinking it was going to be cars racing and got drag queens, still watched it for 3 hours.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i fear the dems will not learn a single thing this election and vote for Hillary again. i seen people on even on this forum complaning that the new DNC chair is going to be 2 white men.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
look may i ask something, i live in chicago, i voted and campaign for Bernie in the primaries and got my whole family from brother, parents and cosion who hate politics to vote for him. i want the DNC to go away from the neoliberal direction, what do i do as someone who never did collage but always follow the election.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
one of the threads in C-spam is already scaring me, people are talking about buying guns and saying trump will commit genocide. someone is also going insane. i think the dems are already preparing for their grave.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Nov 11, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

NecroMonster posted:

me, he thinks it's me

dude i have a mental disability too and i am scared, please don't just sit in your filth waiting for the death wragon. this sucks but we can make though this.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

if you are talking about Our Long National Nightmare 2016-?: Zack rips the DNC a new rear end in a top hat thread

it's ironic nihilism, don't read too much into it, its part of a subculture of posters who have been posting in here for a year

In fact you might want to decompress for a while, go walk. Play a game, treat yourself to something (yesterday I went and got a strawberry banana milkshake and I don't do that), go read a book. Go outside. Turn off the TV, turn off this forum.

If it's not that thread, then you need to tell me what thread it is to make sure that there isn't plotting for violence, thank you.

it was Our Long National Nightmare 2016-?: Zack rips the DNC a new rear end in a top hat, i always had a issue with sarcasim on the internet.

i am going to get some egg nog, turn on Christmas music, play some overwatch and just think about this amazing toy i got my 2 year old nephew for his birthday, it micky mouse clubhouse figures and it the only set with pete.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i think it a bad idea to hire someone with a last name that remind me of a insult from the 1920's. you mook!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

Ok, thank you.

I'm sorry you got it mixed up, don't worry. I promise you, most of it comes from mocking people doomsaying the entire election so it has picked up on its own. It's not serious and half the time people were drunk doing this (still are)

That sounds like an excellent idea, I hope you have fun :) Do check back when this subforum gets formalized, it will be a lot more calmer if you want to participate in the discussions. There will probably be more generalized topics that isn't about elections.

ya, i think i will ignore politics for a week and focus on self health and family, but this thread have been fantastic, it kind of serve as a sort of a calming tool that is not going panic mode. i wouldn't mind a politic forum where it more like a cobeart report and not a last week at john oliver of D&D.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i remember in the rural America thread in D&D someone's idea to save these people is to relocate the rural America population to megacities like in judge dreed. it may be a joke but knowing how out of touch neoliberals are, it may be someone being honest.

this was the 2nd idea i heard on D&D that week that involved relocating poor white people.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

also that video of 5 black kids beating up a old white guy who voted for trump.

LOVE TRUMPS HATE!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

CheesyDog posted:

Regarding the media: about ten years ago I started to feel like the Daily Show/various liberal satire shows were doing more harm than good.

A lot of things that people should be angry about got cast for laughs - clips of politicians contradicting themselves should be pissing people off, but then the immediate cut away to Stewart mugging for the camera undercut that emotion immediately.

Without touching on how those shows have treated a lot of the country, that single phenomenon has done a lot of harm, and there are entire content farms filling people's social media feeds with this stuff now. As much as we talk about (and I have personally relished in laughing about) the RWM echo chamber, the liberal media has in many ways been worse - it's made people think a laugh and a share is doing something.

what is funny is how these shows poped all over the place in the last few years, like i read a artacle in time magazine saying how shows like kimble and falon are not calling the right side the devil everyday? there is a reason why the late late show where a fat guy sing with celebs in a car on CBS is more loved then the late show which is more of less the cobeart report without the charm.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 20:57 on Nov 11, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

pretty much this, once the dust settles it will get better

just don't start plotting assassinations or anything grievously egregious in here, thats all

its fine to be angry, i get it. I went off early in discord but yea don't start threatening people and calling for blood unironically. I'm not fond of probating if this happens unless you're a total dickbag, don't make me do it :qq:

Powercrazy, watch the racism chat if you're going to be inflammatory about it, thanks in advance.

We should call for political capital instead, starting obviously with progressive control of the dnc as the left wanted when DWS kept shooting them down

By the way if you guys are feeling really stressed out and need some decompression, C-SPAM Nite Crew has been playing music and movies for the past two weeks at night, so if you want to find out more about that, check the National Nightmare thread, I'll be posting some information about it pretty shortly. I really recommend it if you need to take the edge off, we're gonna be playing good movies. I don't want to derail too much here while there's some discussion.

Keep it chill, namaste, :beerpal:

i am drinking mint green tea and playing wow, maybe this weekend i may visit a friend just to talk, her goal is to be a sober person trying to help people get over this eather by talking massages or other new agey stuff, it may be bs but it worth trying in dark times. sitting alone drunk and sad is not good for anyone.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

President Mike "Let Them Shoot Dirty Needles" Pence.

let hope he somehow is taken by somehow (same car accident, trump steak related death) and get the speacker of the house in there. which i assume would me ryan which is lawl.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fast Luck posted:

Of course it went to poo poo afterwards, we loving overthrew the government in favor of warlords and jihadists!!! You can't topple the government of a country and then say "it was clean, except for the aftermath." OF COURSE the aftermath was messy!!! You blew up the drat government!

By this measure, the Iraq war was great too because Saddam Hussein fell quickly. "That it went to poo poo afterwards is another issue."

Gaddafi didn't even "wipe out villages" or whatever the gently caress you're saying. gently caress you

so Libya was like iraq but with the daily show cheering it on?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

anime was right posted:

i saw ads in the loving NYC market for hillary.

which is notoriously expensive and did nothing for her because, well, its nyc.

i saw adds for Hillary all the time in Chicago, look Hillary, this city will win you this state that whould of been as red as our neighbors. show adds there.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ceyton posted:

yeahhhh, about that

this makes me worried, they are going to make the same mistake in 2020 it not even funny.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

I've seen it a lot from certain posters but for gods sake if you live on the coasts stop looking down your noses on those of us that live in the Midwest. Yeah sure living in California would be great but the cost of living difference makes moving there prohibitive and I don't really want to be that far from my family even if they infuriate me from time to time

we should have someone pay to have flyover state word filter to I AM A RISH rear end in a top hat WHO FORCE THE POOR TO VOTE IN A FACIST.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i kind of pity her in a tragic sort of way, she acted like she had the keys already, was doing it for woman and everyone and was fighting a orange goblin who raped kids, only to fall becuase she thought the people who voted for obama in 2012 and 2008 would of voted for her too.

but now we are doom to 4 years of poo poo and if the DNC don't wake the gently caress up it gonna be 8.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Lol did SNL really open with Kate McKinnon doing an unironic Buckleyesque Hallelujah while dressed as Hillary?

what is buckleyesque? you mean that shity webcomic guy?

2016 seem to be the year kate turns everything to posion.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Nov 13, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Hillary is in a long line of great woman who killed a empire over their lust of power. Cleopatra and Helen of troy would be proud.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
hillery meme remind me when marge simpson try to be hip and cool.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

I should never have said "fat" pages ago

people like you is why the dems can lose in 2020. you are also why we lost in 2016 with your rear end in a top hat attitude.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

I should not have called trump voters fat

maybe you shouldn't see poor people as subhumans like Hillary.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

I was talking about people attending trump rallies

and we where talking about how liberals alinated the poor working class and you just went on about trump like a pink hair baby man.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

CheesyDog posted:

I grew up very working class in the South and it's like in the past two decades everyone has just forgotten how to cook or take their lunch.

At the same time meat and threes are drying up in favor of crap fast food.

It's not even that people are picking unhealthy food, it's that even the comfort foods they're picking are more expensive and taste worst and also ignore Actual Southern Heritage.

god i can go for some nice biskets and gravy with bacon on the side.

and before you ask i had high fiber ceral for breakfeat i just like having the fatty southren foods at times.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

:cripes:

i'm registering as an independent. i've been a democrat (proudly) for almost twenty years but i just can't loving do this anymore.

gently caress it if a neoliberal become head of the dnc i am going republican out of pure spite.

and it will keep me safe from the camps

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fulchrum posted:

The right wing is attempting to fracture the Democrats at a time of weakness and disorder, cause they know a unified left wing would deliver a brutal rear end kicking in 2018. Spreading that poo poo, and even worse, implying that this is secretly an argument made by Democratic leaders, only aids that.

you and your kind spend the entire year shiting on the Bernie voters.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Zikan posted:

burning man is loving awful and if it wasn't so associated with drug use i wouldn't be surprised if clinton went during election season to shore up her cred

my friend who voted for Jill Stine love burning man, i rather stay home drink beer, play video games and watch old wrestling ppv's and not be in middle of a loving desert with shity hippie art. i rather go to the dells and i hate the dells.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

see also every convention ever

as someone who spend his early 20's going to anime cons, it really just a excuse for nerds to get laid in a place where they can shout anime meme's in pubic dressed like a cartoon character. that was only 5 years ago since i stop but i rather now spend the money to go to a resort then hang out in a bad smelling hallway.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

anime cons are now a place where nerds go to have gay sex

hey that what i did on my last year at the cons circuit. that and on the gasp of becoming a huge bronie so i look at myself and made a change.

Cyron has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Dec 6, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i hope you kept the engaging in gay sex part

it was the last time i got laid so not really in that sence, but i do still like to bang men, i stopped giving a poo poo about ponies since that year.

I'm still a huge geek in the sense i am still a gamer and watch wrestling but i haven't cared about anime in years and i get bored quickly when trying to watch the new stuff like attack on titan and space dandy.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
My favriote SA troll will always be taint reaper in games, he was taken down for good because he join a twitter hate bomb to a female dev for being a scapegoat for localizing anime video games that remove creepy anime tropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
here is what we learn, never vote for anyone from IL. btw hilldog is from IL.

• Locked thread