Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
reposting my daily pull today because holy gently caress i slept and i'm still excited as hell:

Niton fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shoenin posted:

So what exactly causes the Memu crashes

It just randomly closed on me in an Arena match for no reason again, right when I was about to win

It's actually some kind of leak in the actual FFBE client that fucks up Memu faster than an actual Android device/iThing.

Restarting the client before Arena pretty reliably keeps it from crashing there.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shark Tower posted:

Here's a fun game for y'all. Guess what loadout this mobydick of a luneth has going for him. All stuff that's theoretically obtainable (so no atk+30% injection moulding,) and no duplicate equipment.

(146 base ATK)
Moonblade (+118)
Sword Master (+29)
Sakurafubuki (+98)
Brave Suit (+21)
Black Cowl (+25)
Bracer (+30)
Celestial Armlet (+30)
Ifrit (+51)
ATK +30% (+44)
----
Blade Mastery (+73)
Power of Creation (+44)
Lunge Combo (+29)
ATK +20% (+29)

=767, w/ total +ATK scaling of 2.85 he has +28 ATK from pots so

Power Pot x3
Mini Power Pot x13
--

Fun fact: You can get higher than this. With maxed +ATK from arena and a pair of Infernal Bracers, he'd be at 877.

what do i win

Niton fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 21, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I took everybody's suggestions and came up with dual cast cheat mode Refia 2.0:

She now has three HP+15% materia alongside her dual cast. With the muscle belts, she should be less squishy.

:colbert:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

rio posted:

I also got Sazh, on my half pull. Is he worth leveling at all?

In other news I now 6 starred my Elza and she is up to level 70. Such a big damage boost with 5 vs 6 stars.

Also it sucks that there is no black magic in the arena this week but my team is Elza, Faris, CoD, Lenna and Exdeath so I guess losing damage from just one character won't gently caress me too hard. I don't really have anything else to sub in for Exdeath though since I have been focusing on just leveling my A team.

Exdeath can still Wicked Light for a single hit 999, it's better than nothing?

Also, Arena this week is great, because I get to have a probably actually immortal Refia:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shoenin posted:

Oh poo poo Gumi realizes they hosed up with the December Arena, so they gave everyone Novembers top prize for compensation.

That's dope.

They also deleted December 1st from the Monthly rankings; removing any rating advantage refreshers got.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I'm pretty excited for the Super Bedile that is Noctis, so I made a fanarts:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Am I really one of the only people who simply thinks it's neat, and not an outrage in the slightest? JP FFBE has literally hundreds of BE original (or non-FF) units at this point, and most of them suck thematically. At least Ariana looks neat.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Elle actually has a very good TMR, it's a clear upgrade to the best free option for healer / tank accessories. If you want to daily pull on a banner to chase a 5*, Fina's not a **bad** banner to do it on, but Luka herself is also quite underwhelming.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Hi everyone! I have been lookimg everywhere for an answer and It might be a dumb question but If I put equip staff on Tilith + dual wield will she use all of her abilities twice like dual casting on refia?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

m.hache posted:

So i woke up to a "group bonus" which had a bunch of stat pots and tickets.

Any idea what that was about?

They're the cumulative point total rewards for the Frostor event.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Ariana Grande is a 4*-6* free unit.

https://www.facebook.com/ffbeen/posts/729423540552862

quote:

Ariana Grande will be holding a concert and hopes to bring love and peace into the world of Lapis through her music!
Don't miss out on her equipment and unit, Dangerous Ariana! Get her at 4-star form for free and power her up to 6-star!
Also, watch out for her exclusive vortex dungeon coming your way this January 19th!
Mark your calendar for her game debut!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So, Ariana. She's not amazing, but.. if you don't have Refia? She seems quite good! +60% ATK is a lot, and it allows for some pretty neat variant team-comps if you don't have a 6* Cheer unit (or don't want to use Rain for that particular duty). Still a bit underwhelming, but she's significantly better than a base 5* for a new player, and is at least somewhat interesting to think about as a 6*.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shes actually pretty bad. Like its hard to find a spot for her when her elemental coverage is that weak and her buffs are the bard type and are only slightly better than other units buffs. With Rain 6* out and his leadership ability granting a flat 40% to both attacks and defenses for 3 turns thats good enough for most cases. Her only niche would be her LB increasing song which also provokes because sure why not a squishy unit getting targeted more often isnt a bad thing.

Global gumi is deathly afraid of releasing a unit that good.

Strongly disagree. She's worse the more you have, but for people who are new, or who aren't super-optimized, she represents a pretty fantastic free mage. If you grind out all of her gear, she'll be around 400 MAG with another equipment slot open even with a relatively weak 1* esper. She doesn't whale out well, sure, but.. not everyone is a whale. Not everyone even has good casters, or even a full team of 6* units.

Ariana's good for all of those players, even as a stepping stone, and she's the best buffer available for one-turn kill setups. As such, i''d consider her a success, even if she's not good enough for a perfectly optimized endgame team. Her exclusive gear is what really makes her shine - you can develop her alongside another mage (Exdeath, Ace, Arc or Dark Fina) without sacrificing gear quality.

Niton fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 18, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Next week's banner is.. Secret of Mana collab? With Randi getting several powerful new passives?

Check that on your bingo card if you've got it, I guess.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

PaybackJack posted:

I'm working on a Leon TM for Gilgamesh now, unfortunately unless you pulled a Delita or Randi, there is nothing in the way of good swords. The next good one to come out is on Tidus and if you pull a Tidus he kind of wants his own sword. There isn't a 3* base like Cecil or Miyuki that gives access to a powerful sword and it sucks.

Don't get me wrong, Leon TM + Phantasmal Blade is still better than Excalibur + ATK 30% on Gilgamesh, but it still sucks there aren't any good TM swords except from base 5s.

Fire Chaining is still a thing, and Vernard's good for that. Not ideal, but.. not awful, either.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I decided to impulse 11 pull because I wanted a Xon and I had the Lapis put aside

i got more than a Xon.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Evil Fluffy posted:

The most moogles I've gotten have been for Xon, the only banner unit I don't have. :(

Can confirm: I have all 3 banner units, and i've been getting more Burst Pots & Cactowers than I have trust moogles.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I honestly wish I had more freyva friends rather than Cid's. With my 2 setzers with icebrands I can 1 round ELT bahamut with a 900 mag feyva , takes 2-3 turns with an equivalent Cid for me.

You can add me! Just broke 800 on my Frye with my second Letters & Arms, and need to rotate a lot of dead friends:

Also looking for any other Fryes, because Frye+Frye chaining is easy and beautiful.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

hagie posted:

sent you a request as my Fryevia v1 will be up tomorrow or Saturday.

you are at capacity, shoot me an invite 878 326 285

Sent, thought i had left a slot open.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shingouryu posted:

ELT costs 25 energy :gonk:

Without any bonus units, it returns ~600, so better get to pulling! :gumi:

It's actually better than previous events - the 25 NRG ELT has about the same drop rate as the Orlandu event did per NRG, but it's a lot less effort to dump the full bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
hi, is this team good? im f2p btw

i am undeserving and lucky as poo poo

• Locked thread