Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

XK posted:

I remember Lando was streaming when the news broke of Ben's site. You could see him get distracted, hurriedly click through a couple links, then just gets this super aggravated look on his face.

It was one of my favorite SC moments.

I think I'd enjoy the tell all book written by Lando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Viscous Soda posted:

Hey, while Spore wasn't a great game I think it manages to clear "decent" at least.

Yeah I missed all the hype for Spore and played it a while after it had died down and it was pretty okay

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

It'll be in evocati's hands early July.

Why do you think this is true when basically every date they've ever given they've missed?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

This is a good answer and I guess I'm on team moma now

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah he's got you here Derek. He's got you.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Haha this guy is so owned

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

AP posted:

2 bug reports in last 24 hours.

While according to their funding tracker, today they are pulling in over $3k an hour.

1 of the two bug reports is a guy that put a video together telling them exactly why they have a specific bug that's been going on for months.

SHIELD BUG - EXPLAINED

Their bug tracking site looks like absolute loving garbage on a phone, like basically unusable.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

To say how much poo poo he's never seen before he's not much of a fan anyway imo

Hey good luck with your hospital visit friend

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

tuo posted:

So Derek finally visiting CitizenCon, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5XQg3F5z4

Hahaha :five:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

If Derek tweets it

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:smith:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

It's good that they're so open and transparent with their development that they've shown this working vertical slice to all their backers now

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:laugh:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I started to but then I got bored and stopped.

Pretty sure getting bored is punishable by the worst kind of deskeletonisation commando

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Do you ever verify what your sources tell you Derek? I know you are not a journalist so I don't expect you to really. But to avoid being trolled you might wanna verify some of the stuff random internet people tell you.

Why bother? If they're valid it's funny and makes nerds mad, and if they're wrong it's still funny and making nerds mad and at no real cost to himself.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

If all you want to know is "What has Star Citizen actually released lately" and you don't really care about the latest cashfactory spaceship or whatever, this thread is a much more concise summary even with all of the shitposts.

A blank piece of paper would be a pretty concise summary of what they've released recently

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I wonder if enough goons still own this thing to lock Humility in an instance with only us.

Can you still join random players games by just adding them as a friend and not having to wait for an accept?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Free Tophat imo

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

New thread title is :discourse:

Lazrin posted:

the one thing i can't get straight around here is, do you get more of an autistic boner when cig decreases the scope, or when they increase the scope of 3.0?

It's both, it just never stops growing

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

Pineapple on pizza is the best. It adds a subtle sweetness that the pizza needs. If you truly disagree it means you are definitely a shitizen.

this guy gets it

e: tax

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Fronts posted:

If anyone is still triggered, here's a safer option:

:perfect:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Thoatse posted:

Weekend At Full Bernie's

:eyepop:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Toblakai posted:

Can they put a single promotional video without a vehicle spazzing out frantically?

All signs point to no

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Combat Theory posted:

Here's the double whopper of Darkstar in full troll mode. That butt slide glitch we actually got from a cig qa video, what's more hilarious than getting killed by a t-posing commando? Getting killed by a butt sliding commando.

https://youtu.be/MbPvKUWiRs8

https://youtu.be/X4leFrga2Tk

Ahaha I remember this.

"He's bad and he should feel bad, that's the only loving way he can kill me" :discourse:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Comparatively, the project is more open than the likes of EA or Activision, or any other gaming studio when it comes to systems, gameplay, art, etc.

Haha you dork show us any systems or gameplay they've shown us for 3.0 at all.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

You can have carrying a small box in a janky fashion for half a point to start you off

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

As much it pains me, I'm forced to agree with MoMa for the following reasons:

Wrongfully imprisoned, rightfully freed. I have to concede my earlier points and agree with this man

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

AutismVaccine posted:

You should have waited two weeks for that imo.

I started waiting 2 weeks ago

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

You work for tips?

The only tip I need is this one:

Get a refund

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I never bought in so actually I guess I don't need that

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

it'll take mopre than this to stop me shitp[osytin

Mod Translation Edit: I don't fuckin know, something about oysters maybe?

Hey good luck with the operation friend

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh yeah? What's Ben's special ability then?

Junkyard Archivist: take a useless card from the bottom of the discard pile and put it onto the top of the discard pile

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I refuse to believe in card marine but I can totally see Chris wanting it

I want to believe

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Haha this guy. CIG haven't even been able to pull off working doors yet, why does he think they'd be able to make entire living breathing cities

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Variable 5 posted:

They're really committed to the "legal archive" story, aren't they?

Nobody better tell them what a subpoena is.

It's extra odd because Derek himself tweets links to everything he ever writes anyway and then posts links to those tweets so it's not like them archiving him is needed

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I'm like 40 pages back but this is loving :vince:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

My crazy uncle used to hook his Land Rover up to electric fences with jump cables when we went camping and sat laughing as he asked people to 'go grab my torch from the Land Rover' and they got zapped

Is this why you're so angry all the time

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

TheGodofIris posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

Haha I can't wait til CIG figure out what they're actually doing with ship theft and locking and what happens to your ship when you log off and and and etc, there's no way it's not going to piss off the backers no matter what plans they reveal

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Crobblers posted:

Most of our stuff is related to the ships you have, and dollar to the actual in-game cost, the money cost is significantly less than the in-game cost.

:laffo:

If it ever came out this game would be an endless grind or a gold farmers dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

tuo posted:

Honest question: if you had to decide between the two, what would you rather do: read a book written by Derek, or watch a movie starring Sandi?

I'd choose the movie because at least that would finish at some point