Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lmao

the only community that repeats 'FUD' as much as Star Citizen backers is Bitcoin backers :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Look at this goddamn dog
https://i.imgur.com/Boo2kGn.gifv

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I can't stop laughing at the delay being announced with 20 minutes notice.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Tokamak posted:

IT BEGINS

You beat me to it :argh:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/hip9XKz.gifv

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

G0RF posted:

But he’s got other words for this backer, and in many ways they’re about the truest words ever uttered about the 6 years in development $180 million pre-Alpha.

”Hey, take your poo poo.”

And that, dear friends, is The State of the Game.

Intelligent context sensitive AI that knows how to pick the perfect response to the situation! Where do I buy in!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

:nicemeltdown:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:ck5:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Holy poo poo goddamn

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Lifeprotip: get a refund

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Streetroller posted:

It contains a rebuttal of Chris, Sandra, and about 3 different lawyers.
I'm wondering why they feel they need more than one.

loving lol

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

defaultluser posted:

I'm curious what you folks think of this.

An Evocati on hardforum posted this 3.1 video, trying to imply that they somehow fixed the game performance issues. IMPLIED 60fps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_I46LobfVY

Is this pure bullshit, or has RSI really found the fix for poor performance this quickly?

I mean, it still took them 6 loving months to fix it, but if not bs this is a new record for them :D

STAR CITIZEN: 2025, here weecome!

God no of course they haven't fixed performance. It was always capable of running at 60 fps with a beefy rig provided that there is approximately one person in the server and they aren't doing anything more taxing than standing quietly.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The food. There isn't enough :psyduck: in the emote storage vault for this poo poo.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Physics doesn't work, nevermind, you have to make a start on the bean distribution functions.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Banned for moderating a forum that contains links to their reddit. Holy poo poo what a bunch of babies.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Without functional networking for the intended number of players, Star Citizen hasn't reached the proof of concept stage.

Seven years.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

quote:

If CIG is doing ONE thing better, it's them sharing bad news about statuses soon rather than later.

I'm glad they streamlined their disappointment pipeline.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:crobear: just in time for citizen con

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

canepazzo posted:

This is the best news of the year, Lethality not endorsing Cyberpunk 2077

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Sure.

1- This is your ship shield and damage indicator. It is displayed on a monitor in your cockpit. If you have time in battle you can hit F, mouse over it, and hit those little pie chart slices to direct shield power to different parts. I don't know if that works, it probably doesn't. The damage part flashes to show which parts of your ship are hit, or still exist. Note that my cockpit has not been damaged- it literally always looks like the front has fallen off. The two little graphs EM and IR on the side are supposed to indicate your ship's current heat and electromagnetic signatures. I guess higher is worse, because targeting? But there's no way to lower or manage them, and missiles don't work anyway, so gently caress it.

2- This is the same information as 1, but it is displayed on the inside of your helmet. There is no way to turn off this second display. It makes both 1 and 2 completely unreadable in combat.

3- None of these actually do anything. The first one is showing weapons, I think, but none of that information matters. I think you can turn them "Off" but why the gently caress would you ever do that. The second is the "Comms" display which may, some day, actually show people's faces. Right now it just constantly lights up like people are calling you but nothing ever displays and you don't hear anything. The third panel up here is another pointless set of graphs about thermal and heat signatures.

4/5- Similar to 1/2, except this time the display is for the enemy ship. The only useful part of this is the shield facing strength, which is displayed in a 3d format so it's basically impossible to loving read even if there weren't two of the same displays cluttering each other up. The graphs are for the enemy heat/electromagnetic signatures, which are useless.

6- This is your power distribution settings, and also 3 more graphs for your heat and electro signatures. Those things must be real goddamn important because they are on literally every display on the loving screen. Anyway the power triangle lets you distribute ship power to your various systems. I've tried it, it moves around but as far as I can tell doesn't do anything. The guns still overheat at the same speed, the shields still drop just as fast. I don't know. The usage/required poo poo at the top seems to be some kind of "Power output" management system, and you can slide those gauges around, but they also do nothing that I can determine.

7- Here's another visual indicator of your shields along with a bunch more useless garbage sliders that don't do anything.

8- Here's where the game constantly, constantly spams you with tooltips. Right now I'm fighting for my life and it is pretty sure I want to travel somewhere so it's going to put up a bunch of messages about quantum drives.

9- Back here, obscured by the helpful messages, is the loving ship's radar. The one useful item in this whole cavalcade of horseshit and it is the size of a postage stamp, and obscured by the tooltips. FIRE YOUR loving UI TEAM. Also you may note that the enemy ship I'm currently 10 feet away from, is not showing up on the radar. Guess they're pretty good at managing those power settings!

It's so bad it makes me irrationally angry that people made this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I think it's very funny that years ago it was the exact same morons constantly arguing with normal people who took one look at Wildstar and said 'are you kidding with this tedious spergy crap? This better be fixed or the game will be loving dead' with their inane 'you're just entitled and impatient if you can't handle tedious unfun spergy horse poo poo in your video game'.

Did they learn anything about game design from that trainwreck, nope, here they are telling everyone that you're just impatient and entitled if you can't handle a quarter of an hour of absolutely nothing happening as part of the core gameplay loop of the game.