Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

cool new Polack jokes posted:

These people should be ashamed of what they are producing. And even more ashamed to take people's money for it. That's really all there is to say about Star Citizen.

Needs more "I am Derek Smart and I loving called it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

This thread is going to pretty much continue squawking at the sky until the day Star Citizen goes gold lol.

Derek Smart just tried to put you on ignore ("block you") but failed due to your mod status.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I even referred to your primer since you are the resident doxxing definition expert.

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

You're right. Sorry. My bad. I was already mad some Trumpettes and I read your post at a bad time.

Holy loving poo poo.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

So I'm new here I just followed the leper's colony links but are all of derek smart's posts in here this kind of "hey guys just casually dropping another link a a blog post I made about my influence on this game, isn't that great? People are still massively raging about the blog that I wrote!" now?

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

ps: No loving way this game - EVER - gets made. EVER. Like, NEVER, EVER, NEVER.

pps: Someone is likely to go go jail over it. I can almost guarantee it.

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Does Zuck give every person he meets on this tour at least a couple grand?

'Cuz if I met him and he didn't pay me I sure wouldn't be smiling for the pictures.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

You should read my blogs.

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I remember back in Apr 2016 when I TOTALLY CALLED it before anyone even suspected those bastards would change engines - 6 years later; let alone to LumberYard in Dec 2016.

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, how is it these assholes are still making bullshots instead of working on a loving game?

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

big nipples big life posted:

Speaking of promises, how's that ELE coming along?

LOL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

They are consistently self-owning themselves now. No Goon prompting required.

LMAO

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! latest schedule is out. At a glance, half the poo poo is delayed, but the aim date of 08-25-17, somehow remains unchanged.

God drat LOL!!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Ahahahaha!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Sunday morning on SA, and I'm already seeing multiple "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway" on pages. It's going to be a good day.

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

loving :lol:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

loving LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Pretty sure Beet Wagon is going to probate or try to ban me for saying this, but Derek is just as full of poo poo as Croberts, just in a different insane way.

You guys can pick on MoMA all you want for being a giant nerd who believes against all evidence to the contrary that Star Citizen will be the game he has always dreamed of, but honestly that describes Beer and most of us back in the early days of this shitshow.

MoMA and the other true believers are just sad, but Derek is utterly pathetic.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sappo569 posted:

You can set your watch to it

Someone posts a juicy bit of info and an hour or two later, Derek tweets about it like he discovered it first

Derek is a punk-rear end who stole everything TheAgent and EightAce ever posted.

It's absolutely hilarious to me that there are goons who genuinely admire him as an "Internet Warlord".

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

24 y/o jr programmer leaves. I can see why this was such big news now.

What's amusing is that Derek's minions are here pre-hyping the next stupid loving blog.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

Hey man, I enjoy your comedy stylings as much as anyone. But you've gotta stop pre-hyping these minor updates. Like, the day the payroll checks start bouncing, what are you going to post that could possibly grab attention? You haven't got anything left to escalate the rhetoric.

You do realize you're basically asking Derek to not be a giant arrogant gassbag, right?

He'll never change.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

It's a lot worse. Can't wait for my source imposed embargo to be lifted :negative:

Did you carefully vet the source to ensure it wasn't a false-flag op, Derek?

You gigantic twit.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

3_terrabyte_ironicat.png

LOL. Remember when this clown was an SA moderator?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Variable 5 posted:

One can think CIG is going to fail and still recognize that derek is more full of poo poo than a solo outhouse at a chili cookoff.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

thatguy posted:

Hey D1E can you let us know if you think Derek is bad or not? It's not as boring as Derek promising for the ELE yet.

OK yes I think he's bad and if you're one of his lackeys you're bad too.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

ps: I love the page full of Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway, as it means I get through the posts quicker :argh:

LOL I'm glad they took your name off the subforum you giant baby.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wiz is right and Derek is wrong.

Derek you should learn to listen to an actual successful game developer.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

What's that German word for feeling intensely embarrassed on behalf of someone else when they do something embarrassing or shameful?

That's exactly how Derek Smart makes me feel.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

There is a list in my signature. But I don't know if signatures are disabled on the board, but it's not showing. It should be showing this:

I can't believe this infant was ever an SA moderator.

Those of you who proudly call yourself "Greenies" and follow Derek around on his pathetic personal forum and moderate his Twitch streams are almost as sad as he is.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I update it each time I add a new entry. But the sigs don't appear to be working. So. :colbert:

I realize that it's not the most efficient way, and that some people (e.g. Toops) may get caught up in it from time to time, but I have a very low tolerance threshold for brigadding, bullying etc. Like what happened over the weekend because some loving assholes who know as much about game development as croberts, decided to attack me over decisions I made for my game, instead of offering constructive criticism.

Take Beet for example. He's just salty because he got busted saying poo poo about us on a Discord server, and someone who was there, leaked it. Then I shared it. I immediately banned from him my server for security reasons because he had access to channels where highly sensitive material gets regularly posted.

He came back. I banned him again.

Shortly thereafter, he seems to have reduced himself to taking potshots at me on Reddit and here, even though I have no intentions of responding to him.

And I can't block him. So I have to deal with it. So now, I've written an email to Lowtax. We'll see how that goes. That loving clown was made mod (along with Beer) back when FAU banned me for "doxing". If you look at his posting history, he rarely ever posted to me, let alone engaged in my discussions. All of a sudden, in the past three weeks since the incident, he's gotten chatty. gently caress him.

World's Whiniest Internet Warlord

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

This will end the way it always does.

Derek gonna doxx someone.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Don't worry, all of Derek Smarts HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL information is totally safe now.

Having never joined Discord or having any desire to ever do so all I can imagine RE: Derek's Discord is a bunch of losers saying stuff like "oooooh, Derek really p0wned that shitizen" and "Derek we love you you're our hero please have sex with us".

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

True. But since I got a sixer for just saying "loving Nazis, man", as a closing comment, without actually calling anyone that, it seems to me that someone then putting it in my avatar should have consequences.

Yeah just perma Derek. He's the ultimate drama queen and he's going to act out forever now that his name was removed from the subforum.

He's really not worth it - he steals the actual news/rumors from The_Agent and the insightful commentary from G0RF.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Dear Richard

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Variable 5 posted:

For better or worse, he is the most entertaining thing going on right now.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'm glad FAU is changing Derek's avatars out of spite for tanking the value of his ship jpeg collection.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

IDGI - does this mean Derek Smart was wrong??

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sarsapariller let us know if you buy back in.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Oh really? Didn't you say you had a key, had played it etc? Don't make me hit the search button.

Regardless, LOD isn't the game you're looking for, if you want to wash off the stench and stain from Star Citizen. No, that would be Universal Combat CE. And yeah, I would most gladly give you a key. For the low price of $9.99.

In case you missed it, this is me, playing it LIVE - for 6 hours straight, two weeks ago. No crash. No glitch. All awesome. You should try that with Star Citizen :laffo:

I guess awesome is in the eye of the developer (who messed up something as basic as the ESC menu).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

... like a whiny little bitch.

Hahaha. I mean... wow.