Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Ranking up in the TDM is annoying- all of the rescue quests are taken as soon as they appear and everybody that appears in the "random" list is easily 300 below me, meaning I won't gain any points raiding them.

How frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
When sending your dudes to 13f for golden snails does it need to be Okusa specifically, or can it be any room on that floor as long as Okusa is available?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Just farm 21F and 22F enough, 21F especially is very harmless. It has the entrance hallway, coaster section + 2 extra rooms on the way to Kawabe. Hater can ONLY spawn in the entrance hallway or the little trap room down in the water

Fwiw I'm only at level 16 or so, and also four golden snails can take a fresh dude all the way to level 66. Given that time is this game's REAL premium currency I think it's worth it to fetch them.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
I have my station set to the second station, either 001 or 002.
Random all radio! I get bored of any one song pretty fast, and even best hits gets tired after awhile.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Can anyone tell me if the grade 4 fighter shortcut is up today?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Just got to 23f COEN and holy hell does all of my gear feel outdated, but everything better requires black metal!
Is there a place to reliably get it? Right now screamers are eating two full combos from my hammer before dying

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
PSA:
-13f Okusa is now available for the day! (Nab 3 golden snails by bringing an uncooked snail or pillbug, or send guys on expeditions here to have them retrieve golden snails!)
-The shortcut from 21f that unlocks grade 4 fighters without clearing 23f COEN is now available for the day!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Can you explain the "bring uncooked snail or pillbug" aspect of getting these 3 golden snails?
Edit: Ugh, Okusa is locked from below so I can't get in anyway.
Edit2: Any way of refreshing the expedition list so I can try getting folks to Okusa?
Edit3: I guess closing and opening the fridge's doors works fine!

I'm a day or two late here, but:

The three golden snails hanging out in Okusa are always on the walls over a fire pit.
The only way to knock them down without killing them is to throw another (uncooked) snail or an uncooked pillbug at them.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Is this a verified bug and not a feature? Sounds like a feature. A really bad feature. Just like the quests getting interrupted by haters "feature" is a bad feature.
I ask because if it's unverified, I wonder if the twitter account will respond.

Or is the "correct" damage falloff actually the feature we're dealing with :ohdear:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Finally cleared the 26F Gauntlet and snagged that tasty 27F elevator!
I'm a little bummed that I have to wait all the way until 35F for grade 5 dudes, though.

Are +4 iron+'s enough to get me there or should I start trying to buy into pork choppers or something? I don't know if red metals are even reliably grindable before then.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Bah, made it to 30F but really don't want to grind up a 3 star weapon before taking on the boss and unlocking the new tier of weaponry.
Can you get by killing him with 2 star irons?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Megaflare posted:

Yup. I recall he died in like 10 seconds too.

Hahaha wow, yeah. My friend was telling me how much trouble he was having using assault rifles and used like 5 whittling him down to 40% health
He died to half of an iron and a sting shroom
I'd feel comfortable farming that boss

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Is 33F really the last main elevator?! Climbing 7 floors just to challenge the final boss sounds insane!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

No. There's One on 36F, 37F and 39F. Look at my Screenshot up there.

Ah, so the wiki is just very very misinformed. Gotcha.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
:gonk: killing U-10 and COEN in one trip to unlock 35F is probably one of the most stressful video game tasks I've ever completed

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Jack Van Burace posted:

Whew, finally beat the game. Got the last boss down by just spamming guardshrooms, but hey, whatever works. I do wish you didn't have to grind so much in this game, that was my one major issue with it. I liked it enough that I know I'll come back to it when more floors are added, anyways. Now to debate hunting the jackals down before putting the game up for a while.

Heyyy me too!
I sort of hope they don't add more floors, I'm not too keen on spending even more time on it than I already have. Even if the ending heavily implies they're going to :(
When and if that happens I might just pass on it.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Megaflare posted:

I mean it's already confirmed they are so...

Is it? I've tried searching around and all I can find is "it's heavily implied that they will."

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Fissurefury posted:

I grill off of the flaming wok by the Mushroom Club. Just in case though, aim from the shop to an open space if you miss. I've lost thrown poo poo in walls and props.

Nothing feels worse than accidentally throwing a good shroom/animal at the mushroom lady and being unable to retrieve it.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Rinaldi posted:

Folks, there's a "grill" button. Walk up next to a fire, press the left side of the touch pad, then it will give you a prompt to shove the item into the fire with 'X' instead of throwing it.

No I know this! But the "grill" command radius is affected by the size of the object you're about to grill!
So if you're just mass-grilling a bunch of things, leftpad X, leftpad X, leftpad X, and then the turtle's hitbox is too small or whatever so suddenly it's throw instead of grill, and then your nice turtle dinner is getting a lapdance from a woman in a horned mask.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

I've been to the secret shops in the 10s and in the 20s and reset the floor, and started the game up again, but they aren't stocking blueprints anymore?

I know for sure I haven't found all the tier appropriate armor sets so I was expecting at least to find that, am I missing something here?

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but secret shops reset their inventories once a day, not when you return to the lobby.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Lifepuzzler posted:

What's the deal with the very first radio station? I just picked the game up again and it's some crazy punk song every time now, but back when I took a break from the game for a couple of weeks it was just the default "pipe-clank muzak" every time.

The first station is "Most popular 3/4 songs," and the second is "random all."
Most people don't change it away from the pipe clank, I think.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

New to the game but i'd heard that the iron was good for parrying. Not quite sure how the parry mechanic works. I think I skipped or missed that particular tutorial. Some people say for the iron you press L1 or R1 depending on the hand which I found odd because that does absolutely nothing. I'm confused and missing something. Help.

Also, press down on the Dpad to bring up the map.
I don't know why the game doesn't explain this to you sooner.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

SiKboy posted:

Remember I said that I asked something that was in the tutorials? Well, this is that thing. I was (nicely, for the record!) told that its in the very first tutorial. But at that point you get a lot of tutorials very fast, and the map isnt exactly the priority at that point (when you are still working out the controls and the left hand/right hand weapons and everything) so I just plain forgot by the time I was exploring and could have really seriously used a map.

I figured it out around floor 8 or 9 from a Mei-Jin Tip :gonk:
I legitimately didn't realize it was anywhere in the tutorials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
New Content Teaser, if anyone's still playing this.
Makes me wish I had gotten in on the free salvage promo while it was happening!

• Locked thread