Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a little weird that Disney spent enough money to put a man on the Moon building these CGI puppets to mimic realistic physics in great detail so that posing and rendering them from that point on would be click-and-drag simple, and then just photoshop the same half-dozen prerendered cutouts of them over and over for all their promotional material.

It's probably a different production that gets these renders and have to work from there, probably the same type of department that does those group shot posters where the actors clearly weren't in the same room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Did anyone ever see those 2 Tarzan DTV movies?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Actually thinking back, Gary the Rat was just a cheaper-looking and not-as-funny Duckman

The only reason I remember Gary the rat today is because when I watched the action thriller Phone Booth my dad and me thought the villain sounded exactly like Gary the rat.

Watching an episode on youtube I can only wonder why I even watched the show

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

Except people thought that Maui was made fat to appeal to a wider audience.

I hope this was international because it got me to chuckle. :3:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

LEGO Batman was really really good, I especially liked how the plot basically slapped the dark and brooding Batman persona over the face and screams HAVE FUN for once, especially after the edgy batman vs superman movie and gritty nolan trilogy.

And yea the plot was also super gay.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This thread is going to be the reason a Bee Movie 2 will exist

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I like this because it looks more like one of those Nightmare Heffalumps from Winnie the pooh then a amalgamate bee movie creature.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My favorite part of All dogs go to heaven is the completely random big lipped alligator musical number about how he wants to bone a dog.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Larryb posted:

A new Dispicable Me 3 trailer is out.

Will the movie end with Gru creating the Gru-mer which causes his twin brother to go bankrupt?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

So yeah, Lego Batman was super good, as expected.

They really nailed the self-referential humor with that one, gotta say.

I like the little jab they took at The Man of Steel by having the Superman zapping Zod to the phantom zone scene being shot by one Z.Snydar

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Why does there need to be a movie about Chernabog? He's a force not a villain

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

The modern Who Framed Roger Rabbit would be a conflict between traditional
2D animations and modern 3D CGI animations.

I remember there was a story somebody at Disney was going to pitch a Mickey Mouse/Who frame roger rabbit story a few years ago.

I guess that went nowhere.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Why didn't they just call it Super Wreck-it Ralph?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

When do we get a Dog that acts like a cat?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Samurai Jack is back
Hey Arnold is getting a new movie
Invader zim is coming soon.

Is this 2002 part 2?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

1.Cat's Don't Dance
2.Toy Story
3.Who framed roger rabbit
4.The iron giant
5.Hercules
6.Wreck it ralph
7.LEGO Batman movie
8.American tale: fievel goes west
9.Aladdin
10.The emperors new groove

Honorable mentions: Spirited away, The incredibles, Inside out, and the LEGO movie.

I absolutely loved Cat's Don't Dance, its a great movie with good animation, catchy songs and stellar character design, I know the story ain't too hot but it's mostly nostalgia in why its #1 for me

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

It's Macaulay Culkin's best role!

All his best roles were being a scared kid who end up being brave and resourceful at the end

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

That Tiger is fat yo

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pick posted:

What's everybody's dream cel? What's the cel that's out there you dream of owning? Anybody? (Assuming you can't resell it for cash money)

a full body shot of Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales or the Christmas Carol short would be my jam.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Elsa joins the X-men and with the help of Beast and Wolverine takes down Magnetos brotherhood of mutants and saves the kingdom of Arendelle

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Kingdom hearts is a game you'd want to play for the gameplay instead of the story.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

No you're right there are bugs that are cars too, theres a few scenes where you see flys in the shape of cars on windows.

In fact the only non car related creatures in the movie are the blink-and-miss-it cameos of the birds from that old short.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

What on earth is going on in the bg of that balto gif

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:laffo: at changing the name of your production just so you can sue somebody

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Shows that were good start to end?

mmm

Batman the Brave and the Bold
Mystery Inc.
Samurai Jack
The New Mickey mouse shorts

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I saw Cars 3 earlier last weekend, it was far better then Cars 2, but the plot was pretty cut and dry the ending was pretty good through and pretty much the logical end for McQueen.

Also the short before it was very charming.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

My birthday is next week and my present to myself is to watch lovely animated movies that I've never seen.

So far, my list is Thugaboo: A Miracle on D-Roc's Street and this Tom and Jerry Wonka movie.

Also, I'm gonna check out American Gods too so that I don't go completely insane.

Anyone have any other ideas?

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/dvd/animated-mockbusters-list-94032.html

anything from this list that can make the cut?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I guess wreck it ralph is going from video game movie to Disney advertisement movie now huh?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

crossposting from the Kingdom hearts thread but games have finally reached real time Toy story graphics

it's kind of surreal

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I've said it before but LEGO Batman Movie is the most refreshing version of Batman i've seen since the Brave and the Bold in like 2008, even then he was sort of moody there.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I always enjoyed the "HOLY SMOKES HE'S A TOON" line from Who Framed Roger rabbit.
The line is pretty plain on its own but Valiants delivery of making it sound horrific was great.

(and the stop motion flattened Judge doom always did freak me out)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

A Roger rabbits sequel set in Modern times where all your favorite CGI, tween motion and anime characters are around! Money shot scenes where Family guy's Peter Griffin and The Simpsons Homer duke out! or The Minions are the bad guys flunkies! or Goku teaming up with Roger rabbit or- :shepicide:

I'm perfectly fine with Roger rabbit not having any sequels.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I see SONY is continuing the trend of CGI live action movies, perhaps Peter Rabbit will make McGregor fall in love with someone in modern day New York.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This the first time since, what was it? that Elves project in 2010 they shelved a WDAS production?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

No Disney Jack and the Beanstalk will top the one where Donald goes absolutely nuts starving

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Allow me instead to remind you that Fun and Fancy Free features an intermission with these:

They also released a version without those intermissions but included Ludwig Von Drake instead, to the point they reused some of the animation regarding the giant character too.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Who cut the frog cheese?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The last time a movie ever got a short 20 minutes long was Pokemon the Movie with Pikachu's Summer Vacation, and even that had an excuse because it was actually tied to the movie.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah I was worried Coco would be a Book of Life retread but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Speaking of Box Trolls whats Lakia up to now after Kubo?