Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Apparently Rider McSkinless had front wheel wobble for FIVE MILES before he ate poo poo.

Isn't front wheel wobble a sign to get off the loving bike and get it looked at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of bad life decisions, Monday is "Prime Day". Not that I'm planning on buying anything as long as I'm looking at a trip home in a month, but yeah...deals and bargains and such

Yeah, but do you really need to buy a 55 gallon drum full of soda can pop tabs?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

The hell is wrong with you?

Big Madonna fan, I guess.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

LingcodKilla posted:

Time to chill my yum-yums.

That's a pretty sad case of crabs, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLBrswIju1Y

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

man mcnally, any amount of crabs like that is a good day

that poo poo is like tom hanks at the end of castaway when his friends throw him a hotel pity party and he whips out a loving 12" swinging dick of a crab leg

LingcodKilla posted:

The crabs I catch can snap my kids bones.

Gotta be careful. Rock crabs ain't no joke.

poo poo, my bad. I didn't enlarge the photos and thought they were blues.

I take it back. That's a ragin' case of crabs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I had a 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan I'd still be driving if I hadn't been rear-ended in 2013 and the insurance company decided to total it because replacing the rear door would cost too much.

It was still getting sticker gas mileage. And oh man, it made Ikea trips easy as hell. I miss that storage space.

But I'm loving the extra 10 MPG I'm getting from my Camry.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

totally irrelevant but it got me thinking about it

any of you idiots gone "noodling?"

Is that a South thing or purely a white trash thing

It's a southern white trash thing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I got an email and text from USAA one day saying that my password had changed. Well, that wasn't me. So I called USAA, verified my identify, and while we were going through the process the person on the other end of the phone was all "oh, looks like whoever changed your password is on the phone with us too."

What the poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
A man walks into a brothel, walks up to the madam and pulls out his penis, which is the size of a baby carrot.

The madam sneers at it and says "who are you going to please with that?"

The man says "me."

A man goes to the doctor and says "doc, I have a problem" and pulls out his penis, which is the size of a baby carrot. The doctor starts laughing, calls in the nurse who looks and starts laughing. Soon the whole office is in the exam room, laughing their heads off. The man gets angry.

"What are you laughing like that for?! It's been swollen like this all week!"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Did they do anything, or just upsell your insurance coverage through him?

I was in my email when the notification came in, so I literally called USAA and got everything locked down before they had a chance to do anything.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok gofundme's are really getting absurd. First it was medical bills, then white kids and evangelicals funding their South American trip.

But seriously any major incident or event in anyone's life someone sees fit to make a gofundme. The gently caress why is a a person with a $800k house six figure job driving a $50k car asking me for money

Like don't get me wrong I get the medical side, and that's simply indicative of the sad state of affairs of America, but drat

Go tell your kid to go outside and hustle candy bars so I don't have to fund their posh uniforms while you have a dual income family

I tried doing one in TFR to fund my quest to go down the rabbit hole of Sharp's rifle variants, but they took it down within 5 minutes.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Absolutely yes. Polarized lenses cut down on so much glare, though they makes some LCD screens unreadable.

And as others have pointed out, polarized lenses aren't always mirrored.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is it the rainbow effect? Some motorcycle shields get it real bad with polarized lenses.

But yeah I agree mirrored lenses are just too douchey

I get rainbow effect on LCD screens (like gas pumps and my car's radio display), my last pair of polarized sunglasses just made the screens unreadable. I think it has to do with the angle the lenses are set in the frames. I used to know more about how this poo poo worked because I worked for an optometrist, but it's been so long it's all fallen out of my head.

But yeah, the rainbow effect is caused by the polarization of the lenses.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Aren't they caused by sodium?

Because MREs are loving LOADED with sodium.

I thought it was calcium. Which I'd been told the Kuwaiti water was full of.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

That's a pretty serious case of crabs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
This town is a part of us all.

A part of us all.

A part of us all.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I used to work at a restaurant in Oxford, MS, where Joey Lauren Adams lives. She came into the restaurant one time.

I did not yell "hey fingercuffs!" Apparently she hates that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

suboptimal posted:

The "cop" basically handles his weapon like this robber here: https://youtu.be/Iudb0amH0sY , and doesn't show a badge. I really have no sympathy for rear end in a top hat motorcyclists but this basically looks like an armed robbery up until the point you can see the flashers. And you figure a detective would have just tailed the guy, called in the plate and had uniformed officers deal with it. Since when do detectives care about traffic laws?

One who likes to throw his weight around?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Two Finger posted:

Sam Neill really knocked it out of the park

Borodin really went bugfuck insane after he moved to Montana and started digging up dinosaurs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Levar Burton wasn't a lead though, was he? I never watched a lot of star trek, but I assumed him to be a supporting role.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

That's something Deckard does to Rachael in a deleted scene of the original.

Two in the pink, one in the heatsink.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Never eat the banana.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My uncle served in Vietnam and I had always assumed it was around '65-'66 because he was older than my dad, who enlisted in the Air Force in '67. He was visiting this spring and we got to talking and it turns out he was actually there from '67 to '68, skipping town juuuust before Tet.

But to hear him tell his stories, you'd have thought he was in Germany or something. He was a clerk, not a grunt, so his experience was vastly different.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

vains posted:

she shut it down. i was really hoping that it would go through the full progression of any goon project and there would be some funny stuff that happened at the end. also, the mod would step down for some made up bullshit reason a week or two after it all blew up.

Oh, darn. I was thinking about telling my sob story and seeing if I could exploit it for my own gain.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
DC job + low rent = 90 minute drive, one way.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
You fuckers ready for Halloween? I sure am.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

redneck nazgul posted:

That's really well done. Mind elaborating on what all you did for it?

I bought someone else's pack on eBay, took a Dremel to it to make room for an electronics kit I'd purchased, and then put it together.

I installed a speaker, drilled holes for sound to pass through the back, and drilled a hole for the battery leads so I wouldn't have to open the shell to charge the battery. The battery is externally mounted. Ideally I'll never have to open it up again.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I'm actually going as a gender-swapped Ghostbuster. Nobody expects male Ghostbusters.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I go balls-out on Halloween*. Previous years have included WWII fighter pilot, TOS-movie era Star Trek uniform, Vietnam-era fighter pilot, and Dr. McNinja.

Nothing will ever top Halloween 2009, though, when I dressed as a US Army soldier and went to Iraq to do it.

*not literally

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Interesting way to try and bring your wife back

:golfclap:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Deathy McDeath posted:

You’re a much better man than I

I mean, gently caress him in the neck, but it was a pretty okay dark joke.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Arc Light posted:

To this day, my favorite PBS documentary is Carrier. It's broken up into ten parts, and follows (duh) an aircraft carrier over the course of deployment to the Middle East. It does a really great job of showing how the vastness of the open ocean affects people, for better and for worse. Whole lot of dudes either go stir crazy or find religion.

There's also an amazing amount of enlisted.txt, especially whenever the ship stops in port. I haven't watched the whole documentary in half a decade, but if memory serves, the sexual abuse prevention petty officer ends up busted for sexual assault. I was legit surprised the U.S. Navy gave PBS free access to the crew; it doesn't make the Navy look like a great place to work.

The episodes are posted up online at the PBS website, but you could probably find higher-res copies floating around the internet.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/carrier/

I know it was on Amazon Prime Video for awhile, might still be available for rent or purchase.

My favorite part was the racist white dude getting thrown out of the Navy for being a racist getting drunk as gently caress and buddying up with a black dude, then being all "there's no way I did that" when sober.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I won my school's Halloween costume contest.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

I just lost no fap November

E: goddamn it McNally that was poorly timed

Or was it?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Laranzu posted:

I laughed pretty hard at mayor Caldwell's announcement to maybe try not to use H1.

Like what the gently caress else are we supposed to use?

If Frank DeLima had been elected governor in 1986 this problem wouldn't exist.

"As your governor, I'm going to build H3, H4, H5, H6, H7, and H8! I'm going to bring the H1 and H2 one-way into the city, H3 through H8 one-way out of the city, so if you work in Pearl Harbor and you live in Makiki you're going home via Hale'iwa. It's a long ride, but smooth all the way home."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

Enough to have a nice, but not stupid house, a Nissan GTR, a small office space, and that's about all he showed publicly. Of course, he's had a kid and a divorce since the heyday, and that can play hell on finances. And who knows what his financial planning looked/looks like.

Well, that's "unemployed" for a lot of people, so not a high bar to hurdle.

The best financial planning story I've ever heard came from Rooster Teeth. When they organized into a real company, they brought in a financial planner to talk to them about setting up for retirement. One of them dismissed the idea out of hand.

"I plan on dying at 40."

"Well, what happens if you don't?"

"*shrug* Buy a shotgun?"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I kinda feel bad because I go to a smaller, er, niche? college and all the faculty sends me a poo poo ton of emails for veteran events and such. They sent some really desperate sounding emails for a pic of ourself and Military duty/story or whatever.

I’ve never even been in or utilized a vet center. Idk I didn’t really get shot at GWOT style so I feel like all that will surface is my bitterness from my enlistment. I know I’m overthinking it but like most GIP it seems I think we just wanna stay off the radar and do our own thing in peace—while collecting those sweet Disney bux of course

My school's vet office is offering me a voucher for a free lunch on campus, valid only on Monday from 11 to 2.

I have one class on Mondays and I'm not structuring my day around a free crappy lunch.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
If I eat a lot of garlic, I get gassy the next day. I maintain there's no such thing as too much garlic, though.

I have, however, farted for ten consecutive seconds before. It was awesome.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Fister Roboto posted:

As an example of how female obesity is treated differently than male obesity, look at the stereotype of the 'Dependapotamous'. There's this assumption that the spouse of a servicemember will be fat, lazy, pop out lots of kids, and be seen as a general drain on society. As far as I know, there's no male equivalent- there's not some cadre of neckbeards with wives that are off in Iraq or Afghanistan while their husbands play X-box and buy twinkies in the commissary.

https://terminallance.com/2012/09/21/terminal-lance-225-sweet-vengeance/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I can believe the other ones, but how the gently caress does a captain get that fat and stay in? :psyduck:

My guess would be airsoft.

• Locked thread