Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

That's awesome thanks. Do I need special tools or solder or anything? I grew up with Macs and only ever played on Xbox before now.

Nah, building a machine is pretty much like LEGO. If you end up with a solder iron, you hosed up really bad.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I sold mine after owning it for maybe two years. I didn't mess with motion control much, but there were some pretty alright games for it.

Metroid Prime 3, SMG, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem were the ones I like the most.

Also, the Wii Bomberman game was pretty good.

We have a WiiU but it's mostly for my kids. Although I've put some hours into Minecraft on it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Infinity engine games were the bane of my existence as a teen. I could never get the fuckers to run worth a poo poo on my home PC. Been meaning to try to play them, specifically PlaneScape: Torment, but goddamn the thought of dumping 100 hours into a single game is daunting.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I loving hate that games have timers in them, like in steam.

if I had a clock that told me how much time i've wasted in my adult life on, say, Jagged Alliance 2, I'd probably kill myself

JA2 and D3 are probably my most played games by far.

I need to start another run of JA2...
It's a shame the mods got so loving ridiculous that you have to use a guide just to edit the .ini so you don't get buttfucked right out of the gate.

Dunno if there is a remastered version of Planescape but it looks pretty decent still, especially compared to BG. Hell, IMO it's easier on the eyes than NWN 1 or 2.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey fire emblem heroes is out for phones and poo poo now

nintendo really does a decent job of putting out polished mobile stuff, surprisingly

Its pretty cool so far, but I had a server connection issue after the last mission I played.
I also like Mario Run, its pretty good for a runner game, not sure why so many people are hating it as much as they are.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Also, that dodge ball game was good.

RBI baseball
Ice Hockey
To name a few more.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Baseball games peaked int he NES/SNES/SEGA era, everything since has been kinda lovely gameplay wise in comparison

MLB Power Pros was the best Wii game, hands down, probably one of my favorite sports games of all time. So of course it's fitting that Konami would kill it.

I'm a pretty big fan of The Show series but I can understand why people wouldn't necessarily like it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Was that the cartoony looking one? Because if so, yeah, that one was really fun and reminded me of the old RBI baseball series

Yeah that's the one.

Biggest complaint I had was the the story mode got dangerously close to being "anime."

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I dig Sicario, but Jesus was it grim. Definitely didn't feel good after watching it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
But nobody here has friends to game with!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm about halfway through 5 and it's so good. Pretty sure I'm gonna have to play the rest of them after I'm done, as I've only played the first way back in the day.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So breath of the wild got its hooks into me deep, kind of bummed out in traveling for work for the next 3 weeks.
Wonder how many shrines I can clear in the next 16 hours ...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like TOME, Risk of Rain, dungeons of Dredmore and Binding of Isaac

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I played a SMT game on the DS that was alright, it was a space themed one, it was only kind of anime, instead of super anime. I tried P4 Arena, and I don't even know WTF that was trying to be.

I would play P5 but I'm a good two or three years out from catching up to the current crop of games. Also lol at 100 hours of playtime.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My favorite part about esports is that sponsors and team owners wasted no time in figuring out how to pay their pros poverty wages and keep most of the major prize money for themselves.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Guys, PUBG is amazing. Even losing horribly is great.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I need to finish a play through of new XCOM 1, and maybe try XCOM 2.

Instead I started another play through of JA2...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like Seagrams plain seltzer water, LaCroix is fine but it's too loving expensive for what it is.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
gently caress I need to stop playing diablo and start play my summer car again

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I went with ELEX. It's just about finished downloading so lets see if I can run it on this loving thing. If there's too much eurojank then I'll just refund it.

One does not 'finish' FONV. You simply reach a point of saturation and move on to another game.

First play through i beat the main story, no DLC, second one made it half way through the Mormon DLC before reaching my saturation point.

Edit: hosed around with My Summer Car last night, didn't realize that they added a story to the game.

Also, if any of you fucks care, the next big Diablo 3 patch should drop right after BLIZZCON and they are buffing a lot of old sets and builds, so next season will be a good time to get back into it.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 21, 2017

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Saw this on Reddit, had a chuckle.
https://gfycat.com/RelievedPersonalIlsamochadegu

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like heroes of the storm.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I don't mind throwing a little bit of money at cosmetic loot boxes, or skins even, I bought some of the titanfall 2 skins when I was playing that a lot, and I've bought a handful of OW and HOTS loot boxes.
I'm still not sure if OW is a good game, I play it on occasion and have fun for a round or two, but more than that and I get angry or bored. I guess the fact that I'm still playing it a 2 years after launch says something though.

By the way, BLIZZ rebalanced most sets in D3 so the current season is pretty great for any character, worth jumping into it again if you haven't played in a while.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Your Battle Buddy posted:

you need fidel.

man I havent played JA1 in probably since the 90s. JA2 is one of my go tos though, love that game.

I wish they could just remake the game with better sprites/animation/resolution and not gently caress up everything else like they do on all these others.

I recently gave Back in Action another shot with some big mod, and tbh it wasnt the worst game i've played.

What mod?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

I ironically installed Heroes of the Storm, and found myself unironically enjoying it.

help me

It’s a fun game, a little shallow, but matches only take 30 mins tops. Nothing wrong with enjoying it.

Don’t buy loot boxes in it though. St easy enough to get them for free.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Mentioning linux triggers ultra-spergs.
Maybe mentioning OpenBSD will trigger them harder?
LINUX, OPENBSD, Github, Stallman.

Here's that GOG game code
9FHH4481571433F6WN

enjoy it, or touch yourself in hell, whatever, it's free.

Hi, I took that code! Thanks friendo!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
gently caress you guys, thanks to your babble I just bought most of the Stellaris DLC even though I’ve never played the game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I’m legit excited for the burnout paradise remaster, can’t wait to get off work tomorrow and play it!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
It's packed up at the moment, but I have an old rear end copy of the Battletech table top game. I can't remember which version it is, but I bought it in like 94 or 95 thinking I could get my MtG group to play it (I couldn't) :smith:
When I move into NoCo this summer if any of you idiots want to get together and jerk each other off figure out how to play it, we totally can.

Edit: IT'S THIRD EDITION VINTAGE MOTHERFUCKERS! COMPLETE WITH UNPAINTED MINI'S AND SOME MECH SHEETS THAT WERE TOTALLY FILLED OUT BY 14 YEAR OLD ME.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2018

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My time is torn at the moment. I have Vermintide 2, Battletech, Stellaris and Dark Souls III to play and I’m not sure where to spend my time. Please help me decide goons...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
There is a Crazy Taxi clicker on phones that’s not bad. It’s F2P and can be beaten without IAP.
It has a little bit of a plot that goes to some kind of dark places.

Also it has that Offspring song that was in the Dreamcast version of Crazy Taxi.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
No single piece of thing in that ad is bad, BY ITSELF, but taken as a whole it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
If you dont have one yet, get a pro controller. The price is hard to swallow, but they've been between 55-60 lately. They feel solid and seem to be much higher quality than ps4 controllers at least. They also make playing games that require some degree of precision much more fun.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Built a new budget AMD computer last weekend and holy poo poo playing games at 60fps is amazing.
I didnt realize how long in the tooth my last computer was, but other than throwing a 760 in it three years ago, it hadn't been refreshed since 2011.

It's pretty great not having to wait 20 minutes for Stellaris and Battletech to load, and new Doom looks amazing on ultra settings.

I finally think I'm done with D3, moved over to PoE and I cant wait for the new league to start.

Also Apex Legends rules

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

On the other side of things, I've arranged for all my work to be handled past 3pm today and I'm taking off monday/tuesday/wednesday this week.

To play the new Path of Exile league.

Because I am a monster.

I've got the new DMC ready to install, division 2 next week, and Apex legends, but the only thing I give a gently caress about is POE.

Please send help

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I literally base my gaming cycles off PoE leagues. I haven't touched a video game in like two or three weeks right now because I hosed up and played my reserve games when I was still deep in PoE.

I'm going to play PoE an absolute shitload for the rest of the month, slowly winding down for April, and then stopping in the first or second week of May. Then all the games that came out since then I play until the next league starts in June. I've largely repeated this cycle for years.

I have started PoE a couple times in the past, but usually fall off of it and go back to D3. This season in D3 the game absolutely died, as in like no4 playerbase. I took one of my old POE characters and have been messing around with it trying to get a hang on the mechanics so I can try to get going full speed on this league.

Not gonna lie though, if I didnt just buy some stash tabs, the relaunch of Diablo on GOG would have changed my weekend plans significantly.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Yo, Division 2 is really good anybody playing it?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

pkells posted:

Outer wilds is on Xbox game pass, right? I thought I saw it there this weekend.

Has anyone played Sea of Thieves yet? A few friends and I just did the game pass deal, and we’re looking at trying virtual pirates out. I remember hearing so-so things about it, but I’d imagine playing with people makes it a lot more fun, right?

Sea of Thieves is good, I resub to gamepads every now and then to play it with buddies, its definitely a game to play with people you know, or goons at least, I wouldn't do a random lobby.

It was kind of a tech demo when it launched, there wasn't a ton of content, but they've added quite a bit since then.

I would say it has a couple problems that keep it from being really great

1. Server size, the maps are huge, but they cap at 16 players I think, so you can play a long time without seeing another human controller ship.

2. loving other players is fun, but there are no real ramifications other than stealing looted treasure. If you steal a ship, the owners and his crew will respawn on it until they either kill you or choose to scuttle it, and at that point nothing of value besides time is lost. Most of the time we just steal a ship, throw all the loot overboard and run it aground and move on to the next group of suckers.

3. The map can be kind of empty. I spent a couple hours the other night looking for some of the big sea creatures and I we couldn't find poo poo.

It's good, and the developers keep adding content to it, but it's not quite there yet.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man that switch lite got me really tempted. The switch in our house is technically my daughters since she paid for half of it, so it would be nice to get a second one. I'm pretty sure I would have to rebuy all the digital games though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

McNally posted:

It's also handheld only.

I'm totally ok with that.