Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Arist posted:

I love Bowie's version but it's not even the best version of that song

Oh you want to fight huh? Cobain's is adequate. Bowie's is sublime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZl108Qn92w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHwQ_qCdl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKfIGRziX0

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

lelandjs posted:

Also has there been any example ever of a role being race/genderswapped and was actually worse because of it?

(The Last Airbender doesn't count)

Emma Stone in Aloha?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wow.

I'm in.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Comrade Detective. It is being played completely straight with no nudges and winks in either the 'original' footage or the English dub, and I'm really digging how surreal it is.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I hate most of what I've seen of Black Mirror, but loved San Junipero.

I have despised all of Black Mirror up until San Junipero.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Why am I enjoying Midnight, TX so much? I hated True Blood.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mu Zeta posted:

I like how the hackers released spoilers about the season finale and nobody cared. Also I think most of that was on reddit months ago already.

It's like most people don't give a poo poo about spoilers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Aphrodite posted:

He didn't say like. He said people don't care.

Most people are not going to seek out spoilers but in general, people don't care if they come across one. They do studies on this all the time, the latest was just this week.

Exactly. Most people don't freak out about them or whine if they stumble across one. They don't search them out, but if they see one in a trailer or an interview they're like, whatever.

Classic example of a trailer from the 50s loaded with spoilers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4URRp39XOo

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hope and vaseline posted:

On the bright side I just found out about Tig and Alleyne being real life partners and oh god it's too adorable I can't even right now

You really need to see the documentary, Tig, then.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Guy Mann posted:

There's actually a blacklist film script entirely about how much Hollywood writers hate Max Landis.

Untitled Lax Mandis Script right?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

History has a new drama show starting in December about the Knights Templar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWJMrwu_nh0

I remember when we scoffed at Vikings but that turned out to be pretty good and Hatfields and McCoys was excellent. Honestly, I'd be fine with History pivoting to mainly historical fiction drama over Swamp Gold or whatever. Anytime I've gotten really into a historical period and read a lot of non-fiction about it, it's because I was inspired to find out more by a really good piece of historical fiction.

Will they be fighting the Assassins? That's what I need to know.

Also,

NEWSFLASH! SEAL Team is hot garbage!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

I find it impossible to enjoy Rosemary's Baby knowing that the director did exactly the thing the villains do in his movie.

I have liked three Polanski movies ever and Rosemary's Baby is none of them (neither is The Pianist).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

esperterra posted:

The finale is literally what made me watch it so idk man. It works so well with everything before it despite apparently not being a planned twist. Watching the first season with the twist in mind made it twice as interesting to me.

Absolutely. I watched the first two episodes and gave up on it, until I heard the spoiled ending and then I had to watch it just to see how it fit together. It's so much better when you know what the endgame is.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

24 Legacy and Designated Survivor were both massively disappointing. The last Kiefer Sutherland-related thing I really enjoyed was Dark City.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

muscles like this! posted:

The producers behind The Night Manager are doing another Le Carre adaptation, this time doing The Little Drummer Girl with the added bonus of Park Chan-Wook directing it.

Oh gently caress yes!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The first episode of Love You More is directed by Bobcat Goldthwaite. That style of comedy is not what I generally expect from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Shoot 'Em Up

Absolutely.

• Locked thread