Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Okay, new years resolution: post more often.

I mean, my name is in the OP. I should be more generous... like Santa!

With the (failing) Jamaican dollar!

With rifles!

Like the Jamaican equivalent of Jeremy Corban!

Like... Jesus Christ Jamaica, stop beating your women already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Is "ketch him a yard, ketch him a road" basically "give him an inch..."?

"Catch him a yard" is basically "behind closed doors". I guess it's supposed to be like when you are in your front yard you act like you're at home but forget other people can see you.

Begemot posted:

See him at home, see him on the street.

Basically "sure these guys are all tough when they're beating their wives, but they turn into big sissies on the streets" I guess? Not sure if it's supposed to be more anti-domestic violence or anti-gang.

Anti-domestic violence, I think. There has been a rise in wife-beatings reported in the last few months.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Jesus Christ, 2017 is starting out hideously.

Trogdos! posted:

(this is a guest comic)

Guest artist? Someone else, who is obviously more talented, said to themselves "if ONLY I could draw Nazi Klurfs! Then I'd really be going places!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

prefect posted:

The Nobel prizes are never given posthumously. :spergin:

poo poo, I was going to say this only because I had heard a story about a man who won a Nobel prize but died before the award ceremony and the committee was really confused on what they should do.
http://www.npr.org/2011/10/03/141019168/steinman-dies-days-before-receiving-nobel-prize

I know its Stiglich's style, but both those people have a wide-eyed "they have a point!" look on their faces.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I know what this is trying to say, but it reads so awkward. Like the movie was called "My Last One" or the lady is saying she hasn't seen any movies since the one with generic actor man.

Mike Lester is a hack, is what I'm trying to say.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Poor, poor oppressed white people. Feeling so sad about being white. I mean, its not like they are profiled for anything worse than "probably racist" rather than "probably a criminal: shoot to kill" but... you know. Poor, poor white folk.

Anyway, two Clovii

There are no real restrictions in Jamaica for felons making money from their crimes. Musicians especially write songs about what they did and get contracts. Won't someone think of the poor executioners??

For context: Clovis and Jamaica are not pro-Trump, but Clovis is pro-immigration. This is more of a "practice what you preach" kind of thing.

Bonus comment (for patois)!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Jamaica:

Hospitals are reporting fewer and fewer RNs in the country.

Notoriously corrupt cops just got a huge boost in funding. People are worried where the money is going to go.

Although Jamaica loves Obama, they are not fond of Hilary.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

"Yea, whatever, 'seig heil' you fascist, racist motherfucker. You two deserve each other. I'm outta here."

du -hast posted:

I hate this loving duck so much.

At this point I think Tinsley's only connection to higher education are those "cringe" videos on youtube where they pick a few select shots and people to make it look like every protest consists of people whining and crying like babies.

I think if Bruce went to a campus on a random day and saw all kinds of students going about their studies, doing research, etc, he'd probably deny it was actually a college campus at all.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

President Fido Dido?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Did this thread seriously debate "punching nazi: good or bad?" for like four pages?

Jamaica:

Jamaicans still don't like Hillary... for some reason.

So now that Trump is president and a less tolerant, more nationalist feeling is gripping the world, Clovis feels emboldened to comment on homosexuality!

It's a common myth in Jamaica that homosexuals commit lots of violent crimes. Haven't seen this kind of thing since Clovis got in trouble for that Christmas cartoon a few years ago.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Hmmmm yes hmmm... I wonder how those two things could be different... hmmmm... HHMMMMMMMMM....

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Stealthiest of edits: ^^^^^^ Yea, that!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was gonna say "they chose to be Trumps you complete shithead" but I guess the children kinda didn't.

I was thinking the first one is because the Trumps are one family (like, five or six people total, right?) that are known assholes. The other is an entire group of people with all kinds of personalities and judging them as "all the same" is terrible.

But hey, this makes sense as Drunky Duck probably thinks people hate him JUST because he's a conservative and not because he is also a stupid idiot.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Looks like payne found a new leg to hump with "school choice". At least he has been consistent in his ignorance so far (all choices are the same, right?)

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Trump is using medieval means to ineffectively fight off our enemies. In reality this only wounds them and enrages them further. The court realizes that a more direct, face to face method is needed to quell those who would do us harm... and maybe straight up violence isn't the answer.

A "Branco is an idiot" cartoon.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

:confused:

edit: got the lyric backwards...

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 16, 2017

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I thought "Rural White People" was code for "republicans"... but Goat Yoga is something liberals would do... I'm confused.

I'm glad Tinsley can't even fit the duck head into the frame anymore. Maybe eventually the comic will be the black circles that make up Mallard's eyes with a speech balloon off to the side.

Edit: Please lets not talk about gamergate. It never ends well.

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 19, 2017

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Why do I feel like if that was a swastika instead of a star on his hat Red Panels guy would say we should agree with him?

Trogdos! posted:

Note that this is not by Red Panels himself but a fan guest comic that Panels tweeted.

These characters look really weird when they aren't alabaster white (which is something I'm sure Red Panels guy says all the time).

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 21, 2017

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Now I'm no expert on gender issues, but I suspect this may not be a 100% accurate depiction of a transwoman using the bathroom.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

"...and with proper training I have proven (p<.05) that a duck can not only wear a blazer but can successfully recognize fake news while wearing a blindfold which it believes to be some kind of virtual reality device."

Great dissertation idea?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Assuming this is even true, "kicked off his jet" and "barred from attending press conferences" are not equivalent things.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

She didn't win, McCoy.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Sure you want to leave that much space in what is functionally a word balloon?

Okay, suit yourself.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

BRAAWWWK! REGISTERED VOTERS! *whistles* REGISTERED VOTERS! BRAAAWWWK!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Farecoal posted:

why would they testify against themselves

The witch looks like she wasn't told what this press conference was about and feels betrayed. Those kobolds will gladly testify tho.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Sandpuppy posted:

I never knew Carmen Miranda was transgender.

It wasn't the intent, but this person looks super badass. Cool shades, sparkling bling, does-not-give-a-gently caress expression.
Its a pretty boss hat, too.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I would actually look forward to Garrison comics if this would be his new Trump. Maybe a different message on the paper each time?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

Looks like David Brokie's GWAR art.

I would totally go to that show.

That... that is a thick mustache.

Also I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who loathes JRROSE!
His poo poo is either right wing talking points or boring ultra local college sports stuff with that hideous bulldog in a cape and crown. I can't stand 'em.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Isn't that Idiot Liberal Professor man?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wait, she didn't win but Lester is saying she deserves a trophy??

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I'll say.

God that beak. You can never tell if Mallard is supposed to be moving his mouth or not.

I dunno. Thanks for the news, Starry!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Did Branco ever comment on the United incident? If anyone had a hot take on it, it would definitely be him.

All Branco said about it was this giggity-giggity-garbage.

fake edit: AMMOLAND

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Happy Monday, here's a really dumb cartoon.

gently caress fish. I'm surprised he resisted using 1000 words to say this stupid poo poo.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

Suddenly got a craving for some Clovis, so here's a few recent cartoons I found intelligible without knowing the state of Jamaican politics:

It looks like he's using Bang Belly Economy as his Korner Kelly now:

...I don't think I like this. (Also, in the comments on that last one someone said "ACTUALLY she wasn't killed for cussing, but for resisting the police! Big, meaningful difference, she deserved it.")

Clovis tends to be anti-police, or at least anti-police state. Others in Jamaica can be a bit less inclined to blame the cops as crime is really bad. I mostly avoided posting comments because they can be both unintelligible and infuriating, but maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea in the future as it adds a bit more to the cartoons.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Garrison has had a big think about things.

Ben Garrison is a dumb, dumb man. I thought the right had completely washed their hands of Milo. And both he and Ann look like ghouls. Pathetic ghouls.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

"No, these actually ARE mud stained jeans. My lovely job takes up so much of my time and pays so little that not only do I have to go shopping in dirty clothes, but I can't even afford to buy enough food for my family and require government assistance."

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Whenever I see the swear symbols I always replace them with "gently caress".

gently caress holster.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Its an entire race of Bill Cosby's!

At least Dans older, cartoony style was more fun to look at.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Jeez, since everyone is talking about it so much:

I think Zelda does belong in the thread, just like any other cartoon that gets posted.

I usually skip Zelda because it doesn't include any news of the day, which is something I actually get out of this thread (I don't really watch any TV anymore so, just like a lot of you, this is one of the places where I get my news). The ones I have read are okay, maybe a slight chuckle at best. Despite its edginess to an American audience, the jokes honestly do feel like they belong in the funny pages.

And despite the artist being able to draw expressive, well thought out characters, I'm not fond of that style. Reminds me too much of Archie comics.

But in all this discussion, we've forgotten the real purpose of this thread:

One day, that Macron will grow up to butt-gently caress a south american politician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Rebel Blob posted:

Man, y'all are really over-analyzing this.

The thread has been clinging to things a lot lately. When that happens, it's best to throw a lot of politoons at the problem.

All hail president cookie!

What, me warming?

• Locked thread