Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

All those probies didn't tamp down your urge for creepy helldumping, huh?

Capitalist swine: should definitely have a say in the direction of the DNC?

e: correcting the record, the time I was probed for helldumping was for quoting posts in the same goddamn thread as the post, but sure, helldumping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

But I'm glad Jeb!Repetition got to feel like a big man on campus calling people a homophobic slur.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

You're getting burned so bad you're hoping anyone, me included, will care about some poo poo from a year ago in my rap sheet you obsessively combed over.

Oh no! Not the burns! :( I sure am sad we won't have homophobes like you voting for Democrats, you pretty-much-Trumpist.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

yellowyams posted:

i'm probably going to die before the next election so it doesn't really matter what i think.

That's horrible, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. :sigh:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I never said anything about not voting for Democrats. I always have and (probably) always will, and one of the reasons is I actually give a poo poo about LGBT rights beyond using them as a pretext to call internet people I don't know homophobes.

Um, as a member of the LGBT community, allies who call people faggots aren't real allies, sorry to teach you this. Or are you Milo, because if you're Milo, you can gently caress off.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

yellowyams posted:

it's far from a certainty if it makes you feel any better, just not looking good at this particular moment.

I mean, it's not about me feeling better, it's about what a horrible thing that is, and I guess I'm trying to extend some sympathy and empathy to you?

I dunno, if you ever want to dump or vent, I have pms.

I'm just sorry that that's a thing you're going through right now, and it's atrocious.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

icantfindaname posted:

effectronica admires pope alexander for banging lots of kiddies

you should project less imo

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Don't kink shame.

Defending pedophilia, that's kinky.

Hey, don't we usually chase pedophiles off SA, why is this random apologist still posting?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

I don't know why your partner effectronica is still posting.

???

Partner?

I only know eff from dadchat?

But also, you called pedophilia kinky, so maybe don't post about your criminal predilections, you pedophile, jfc.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey eff is the one saying they like Alexander I think pedos should be lobomised. But we don't kink shame it has been established.

You're the one who apologized for pedophilia by calling it a kink, which a. normalizes pedophilia, and b. implies that anything other than two person vanilla sex is as bad as pedophilia.

Take your apologia elsewhere, imo. Don't they like pedophiles over somewhere else?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Wouldn't know. I mean you're the one saying it's fine to look up to historical pedos.

[citation needed]

meanwhile you actually called pedophilia a kink, so

methinks the crowsbeak doth protest too much

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is wrong with you two?

Um please don't lump me in with somebody who called pedophila a kink, FAU, thanks in advance.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're both screaming "pedophile" at each other without actually taking two seconds to realize why that's absurd, so guess what? You get lumped in.

I agree, the people who think pedophilia is a kink, and the people who are revolted by pedophilia are the same.

Thank you for enlightening me to the truth being in the middle, both sides being the same, and pedophilia being normalized as a kink being ok!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Confounding Factor posted:

Lol did someone really get offended by calling Kissinger a "thundercunt"? Jfc.

Nice gendered slur.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Frijolero posted:

Lol

Leftists are really familiar with losing. You're the one who can't go two posts without bitching about Bernie.

Nice gendered slur.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

bitching is a bitchin slur imo. Vulgarity is cool as hell.

gently caress is a good slur without the added bonus of being misogynistic

hence why it's fun to call people "loving fucks"

hth

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lol are you loving kidding me? Yeah you're everything I hate about tightly wound, self righteous white liberals. When are you never not offended? You're the real totalitarian, get a grip.

What a stunner, man who loves to use "oval office," "bitch," has heart filled with hate, hates women.

Color me stunned.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

qq no more gendered slurs. qq

Nobody wants to hear your opinion, pedophilia-normalizer.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

I was called girly in high school for liking Gilmore Girls. I got over it. Some people need thicker skin.

Being girly isn't an insult, pedophilia-normalizer, hth

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

All one has to do is look at your rap sheet to see who the real hater is. Give me a break with the shrieking hypocrisy. Jesus man if you weren't so swelled up in your smugness you'd realize the use of thundercunt in that context had nothing to do with women. But hey rage over nothing I guess.

Using oval office is never not inherently gendered.

Calling people who disagree with you shrieking is pretty adorable tier trolling.

For the nth time, I'm a woman.

This isn't rage over nothing, this is rage over you using a slur for my genitals as a pejorative, but sorry your penis is dumb and sad.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Effectronica seems to think it is.

You're the one who called it a kink, so you're the one who's normalizing it.

Why don't you hang out with your buddies on 4chan?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Being girly is a kink?

could you please cite the post where eff thinks calling somebody girly is an insult, you pedophilia-normalizer?

then as a follow up, please preach to me more about how slurs are good

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

TheRat posted:

Just so I know, am I left-wing?

I mean, you like Wikileaks, Assange the rapist, and therefore, Russia.

So remind me, is the Russian authoritarian regime right or left wing?

:allears:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

TheRat posted:

Earlier today, on IRC, I called Assange a oval office. I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus in your book though.

It's a total wash, enjoy your gendered slur.

Crowsbeak posted:

Also maybe don't lose your poo poo when someone says girly.

Hmm yes, I the smart boy pedophilia-normalizer see no difference from calling someone girly and girly-man.

I the smartboy crowsbeak really know what's best for your hysterical dames and I deride femininity in all men, hence why I call people girly-men all the time, this is an ok thing to do!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Well I would never say I knew what's best for all people. I'll say some in this thread could learn to not be so knee jerk in their own rush to label people.

And maybe you could stop using gendered slurs and normalizing pedophilia while you're still having a learning experience, food for thought.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

readingatwork posted:

Just LOL at all the people trying to seriously engage with Stone Cold and Effectronica. :allears:

You think rape jokes are funny, so why would anybody ever engage with you?

You also can't spell antisemitism and think pewdiepie was a martyr for free speech, so like, you should just never post.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Both you and Crowsbeak (and a bunch of people on "both sides" in this thread, to be honest) have a bad tendency to immediately assume that anyone you may disagree with is some ridiculous stereotype, either of some racist/sexist "Berniebro" or some sniveling technocrat liberal, depending upon the poster's own views. Effectronica takes this even further, often escalating things to the point of telling people to kill themselves in a way that doesn't seem entirely ironic.

I think the internet can sometimes be bad for discussion because of this. The anonymity encourages some people to assume the absolute worst about their "opponents." Something that may be made with a conciliatory or unsure tone in person is often interpreted as a strong position the poster is unwilling to budge on if it's just text on the internet.

To be honest, I don't think the conflict over the DNC is as big of a deal in terms of how it might impact voters as some people are making it out to be. Most Democratic voters have not been following the DNC Chair election, and many of the people upset about the results will have lost a lot of their anger/energy by the time the next election rolls around. My personal feeling is that while both Perez and Ellison likely would have performed about the same as Chair, it's a little worrying that many members of the DNC are explicitly considering this as a conflict between the leftist/Sanders wing of the party and the more centrist wing. Despite some posters' arguments to the contrary, there is clearly a non-insignificant portion of the Democratic Party establishment that does consider there to be a conflict between the leftist portion of the party and the more centrist/establishment portion, even if there's no significant conflict between the political views of Ellison and Perez specifically. Antipathy towards leftists from within the Democratic Party establishment is a real problem (assuming you're a leftist, at least); it isn't just some conspiracy theory leftists have fabricated.

Um, crowsbeak called pedophilia a kink, so nice :words: where you didn't even read the posts in question?

:confuoot:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Who knew that not wanting the normalization of pedophilia would be a controversial stance to take?

e: wrong tense

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

The point about normalizing pedophilia is completely valid. But it was then followed with "Take your apologia elsewhere, imo. Don't they like pedophiles over somewhere else?" which directly implies that the poster actively believes pedophilia is similar to actual* kinks.

*Just as an example, I almost mistakenly said "other kinks" without thinking and fortunately managed to catch myself before hitting post. If I had missed that someone would have been right to reply with "it's bad to equate pedophilia with legitimate kinks like that" but clearly wrong to assume that I was apologizing for pedophilia since it would have literally been an example of me mistakenly typing something dumb.

Haha gently caress you?

Like Crowbeak called pedophilia a kink and I told him to get the gently caress out with that poo poo, and that makes me the pedophile apologist.

Like for context, since apparently you don't know, about the only kind of really horrible people that SA ever gets rid of is pedophiles.

You're a real diamond, ytlaya.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

So is voter fraud. The questions lie in the effect size, hopefully this helps.

People who think voter fraud is more important than voter suppression should probably not call other people stupid, hth

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

KwegiboHB posted:

Because they are worth one vote.

Welp, every voter matters, guess we should turn the dnc into the party of fascists.

Here's an idea, instead of capitulating and turning into neoliberal economic idpol shunning rightists, as leftists we should aim for the loving people who didn't loving vote, instead of trying to capture a bunch of reactionary poo poo heads. Why should we triangulate and move to the center to appease bigoted Trumpists? Only 24% of voters actually voted for him, so let's get the loving people who didn't loving vote instead of going even more right! Real leftist economic change and real social change is achieved through agitation, volunteering and being an activist, and loving voting and getting people to vote.

Jfc, do you actually want your policy goals implemented or not?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

KwegiboHB posted:

How much of your policy is going to be enacted in the next four years?

Oh, my bad, you're right. Local and state politics cease to matter in light of an overwhelmingly national loss, and all left thinking individuals should cease to engage and should give up and let Trump roll over them. Staying active and agitating on the local, state, and national level will certainly have no effect.

Here's a thought, since you seem to be very hopeless. #1 I'd recommend if you aren't already, to start seeing a therapist. It really does help, and I've found it very productive and good. #2 Stay vocal in every avenue you can if you want real leftist change. Volunteer and talk to your representatives as often as possible. Show up to town halls and city council meetings. Make your voice heard as loud as you are able to. If you can't give money, give your time, and if you can give neither, then I feel for you and sincerely hope you'll survive the next four years.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

KwegiboHB posted:

Guess how well it worked for Trump. Oh, and the entire republican party.

Yep, that's definitely how that went down, all those Trump voters turned out because of their economic anxiety.

studiously ignores rampant voter suppression, hillary's campaign flaws, incredibly bigoted pandering on the part of Trump

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

KwegiboHB posted:

You are the one turning down votes, why do I need a therapist?

The point

You

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

Anyone who says the Ds should just become Republican style liars is an idiot, that will not work.

But see, we're turning down votes, can't have that!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Dizz posted:

Believe it or not a lot of people voted trump because he said what they wanted to hear, and now they're regretting it because they not only didn't get what they wanted, but because of all the other poo poo too.

It's pretty great.

stone cold posted:

incredibly bigoted pandering on the part of Trump

I covered that, lol

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Are we doing another "well its impossible to pass anything ever" Left communist argument?

You need a therapist because you won't acknowledge that stone cold is a poor persecuted genius who is always right.

And you need serious institutional help since you think normalizing pedophilia is okay.

I cannot stress enough how hosed up that is.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

They're following it because it's being framed as a war for the soul of the Democrats, not because they're genuinely interested in internal D politics.

Also, saying that stagecraft is a part of politics is not that other poo poo you're saying but way to say that people who disagree with do so because they're mentally ill and need therapy, Zak Smith.

I recommend you read kwegibo's posts. I've been down that hopeless hole, and I sincerely hope that's just a posting gimmick, because that's an extremely unhealthy place to constantly be in. I genuinely get worried about people like that.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Nevvy Z posted:

You have a suspiciously poor track record at providing quotes of things you accuse people of saying on an internet forum where you have access to the search feature.

This thread is now just like 5 pages of posting about posting. :gas:

:agreed:

why wasn't this thread shut after the dnc election, anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

RasperFat posted:

I suppose the "Debate and Discussion" is not about debate any more then. I'm all for calling out people who say stupid slurs, but you're acting like "Berniebros" have some sort of systemic problem that needs to be culled.

The actual data, from polling firms, found that these "Berniebros" have less racist, sexists, homophobic, and transphobic opinions than the Democrats in general. But this doesn't fit into you're forced narrative that "Bernouts" are mean people who are obstructing and the real bigots.

Pointing out that you are excessively using personal attacks instead of making salient arguments is a valid point of discussion, not just throwing out Debate 101 fallacies.

...which must make the bernouts who post on sa the apex, the top 1%, the proverbial cream of the crop.

• Locked thread