Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hahahhahahaahahahahhhahahahahahahhahaa

*deep breath*

hahahahahahahhahahaahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

This is the ranking before football starts.

Yeah, you'll never get rid of us. We can lose 8 games next year and get a top 25 ranking in the preseason next year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Georgia excels at this, too.

We're the new Tennessee apparently

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
loving Dabo Sweeney has a national championship.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Part of allowing those 31 points is allowing your defense to be on the field for 90+ plays against one of the best offenses in college football. If you don't possess, your defense gets tired. It's not on the qb, it's on the playcalling for the entire second half, which went:

-run for three to four yards
-long pass
-long pass
-punt

Even the best defense is going to have trouble if they're only off the field a few minutes at a time for an entire half

Shoulda run the dang ball

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You see penalties on those picks so infrequently. I assume they're happening all the time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dilber posted:

i hope the chain runs around enough that Bama claims a title.

Bama beat Tennessee, Tennessee beat Va Tech, Va Tech beat Pitt

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kittenmittons posted:

I was always under the impression that both starting and finishing well are important aspects of success but apparently I am a crazy person.

You should probably do pretty well in the middle too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Amherst is in the middle of deciding a new mascot, which naturally applies to their football team.

The old one, Lord Jeffs, is out as the man it is named for thought giving smallpox-infected blankets to Native Americans was a cool idea.

Possibly the most popular of the semifinalists?

Hamsters.

You see, it's an anagram of Amherst.

And like most of the student body, it's a mammal. And they're male and female, also like most people associated with the college.

(That's from the list of rationale behind the suggestions.)

Hamsters is a good mascot. Luminaries is a weird semifinalist. Dinosaur is singular for some reason.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, that seems counterproductive.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yo 52 rapes holy poo poo Baylor. What's with that discrepancy with the school reported number of like the 17?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Sounds like the injury wasn't serious. A deepish cut on the chin with a pocket knife.

Needless to say, Boyd is no longer on the team.

And of course, there were apparently two 3* recruits (a CB and a DE) with them that are probably not coming to Tech after that.

Ah gently caress, another all-American WR for Oklahoma. :/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Notre Dame was actually really, really good last year they just happened to run into 8 amazing teams. It was really bad luck is all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently our recruiting class wasn't very good. But I don't follow that stuff all that closely, so I'll just assume it will turn out fine and Coach Weirdo will figure it all out in the end.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Art Briles dropped his lawsuit against Baylor.

:laffo: get hosed forever, art

Phone posting, but TMZ posted texts it says were from Briles discovered in another lawsuit. Mostly assistants telling him how they leaned on crime victims and him being relieved when crimes weren't going public.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

I have been hire as the new offensive coordinator of the alabama crimson tide.

Scionix posted:

spider Y 2 banana.

Run the dang ball!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

I just have everyone run a wheel route.

Wheel routes converge into a Flying V down field.

Opposing coach throw his hat, falls into manure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

The nice lady from Last Chance U just took a job with Newks', a MS-based restaurant chain, as a marketing director. Weird move, I wonder if the popularity of the show affected her job in some way.

The real answer is she's probably making more money.

Good for her. Her old job clearly sucked rear end.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
WOOOOOOO GUESS WHO"S BACK

https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/832310553712300032

Watch out, Edmonton! Saskatchewan is coming for you!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Vince Young trying to trademark ‘Make Vince Great Again’

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah big loving shocker right there

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

I love the excessive violence. A guy could get killed or brain damaged getting slammed against a wall like that.

Definitely targeting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waroduce posted:

My girlfriend has bridal poo poo to do for her friend tonight I am going to watch some college footballs starting with that game.

What were other great games this year. I'm good with amazing defensive games like lsu Bama or crazy bullshit pac shootouts. Anything entertaining

Scrappy underdog Texas beats Top 10 powerhouse Notre Dame for the greatest upset of the year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

I had to search for "William and Mary quidditch" on YouTube. Williamsburg is a sad college town, but for Pete's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieRYdA4cyw

gently caress. I watched like 15 seconds and I'm so loving embarrassed for everyone involved.

Like, J.K., dog, why aren't they just racing on the flying brooms? You don't know poo poo about sports, just have them do a race around the school or something. Obstacle course race maybe, oh no there's a big dragon you gotta fly around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, Texas Tech's practice facility caught fire.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Baylor

Ex-Baylor TE Tre'Von Armstead Charged With Sexual Assault From 2013

quote:

Baylor did not conduct an investigation of its own, which all schools that accept federal money are required to do under Title IX, until 2015,

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Wiggins: L'ville blocking transfer to 5 schools http://es.pn/2nLnxVc

Bobby Petrino is a despicable human being. What makes it worse is that Wiggins transfered from Georgia to Louisville to follow Grantham, and now Petrino is blocking him from doing exactly that again by not allowing him to go to Mississippi St. How petty is that? And how are coaches still allowed to do poo poo like this?

Like, how? He's a graduate transfer, is he seriously not allowed to go somewhere if his former coach says he doesn't like it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Grad transfer just means the waiting period is skipped, they're still bound by all other transfer rules.

So then there's some NCAA BS that says you gotta get a permission slip. If this dude just flew the coop and showed up at Purdue the wrath of god would come down on them?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

Is it fjuckig foothalball season yet HILY

SHJIT

Spring game this Saturday!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm shocked it isn't fried.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Disband the Big 12, bring back the Texas Conference

I'd like to keep OU and OK State, but we can still call it just the Texas Conference.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Doublepost

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Christ, our new coach is a loving weirdo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Normally UNC would be a team other conferences would jump at but if the awful bathroom bill is the reason they're available taking them is gonna be really bad PR if you're a power 5 conference, and they're looking at potentially crippling sanctions. Dunno how they could possibly think this is a good idea.

Haha, nah they can come to the Big 12, like, today. Texas will have its own bathroom bill soon enough anyway

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Abraham Lincoln did nothing wrong.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quandary posted:

It honestly still surprises me that NC consistently takes the crazy cake, I feel like it should be Alabama or Missippipi, but no one does it quite like NC.

NC is notoriously gerrymandered, which really allows the freaks to stretch their legs.

Look at that poo poo. I don't know what the districts for the state House look like, but I'm sure they're just as insane.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't mean to cause so much of a derail. Let me get this thread back on track:

North Carolina barbecue sucks as much as their congressional districting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think we can put our differences aside to make fun of Florida, because apparently Floridians consider smoking loving fish to be barbecuing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

When I moved out to California my neighbors invited me to a BBQ and I thought Oh hell yeah. Turns out bbqing in California just means "cooking outside" and we had hotdogs

Yeah they meant to say "we're grilling," but I can forgive that kind of ignorance, they don't know any better.

Florida is a goddamn Southern state though. I mean come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Big 12 will 100% take NC State. No question.

• Locked thread