Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

It’s really hard to tell the difference between people who actually believe and people just doing the whole political kabuki thing. A huge amount of right wing conspiracy theory poo poo is performative. At some point you become what you pretend to be though.

It's just like superheroes or Harry Potter, but explicitly for the right: a simplistic fantasy world to retreat into when the world seems too complex and threatening. Most recognize that it's not real to a certain extent, never going farther then wanting to believe, but sometimes they cross that line.

(I love his 'friends' in that article btw, they're absolute monsters. Their propaganda ruined their friend's life and got an innocent man killed, and they blame him for taking it seriously instead of self-reflecting in any way or even considering stopping.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I'm The Great Awakening, which is apparently linked to Zero Point Energy somehow? Possibly via Artificial Intelligence and THE GREYS of Zeta Reticuli?

Have you met my friend, Robert Archons-Demiurge?

Calibanibal posted:

NEPHILIM
cannibal giants

I especially like it when they get their own Zelda Boss Subtitle, it really adds to some of the tamer entries like Islam and The Pentagon.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

not sure this is a great idea for them?

Have any of these things been? I think, given how pathetic the Proud Boys are in general, going out in public even on an individual basis constitutes "not a great idea."

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anybody who took the time to read that chart is already insane. The seeds of prodromal schizophrenia have been planted in your psyche.

I laughed at THE PENTAGON: PHARAONIC PROXY ARMY for like five minutes straight, so it was worth it.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I like the little detail that a bunch of radio DJs were there, it really paints a picture. Morning zoo crew idiots were basically the prototypes for the far-right trolls of today, so it makes sense.

Edit: also

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Bushiz posted:

Everyone's wrong Dale would see today's conspiracy poo poo as an obvious red herring planted by the government and have to walk Peggy back from the brink after she covered their entire house in pictures of people eating pizza wearing red shoes

Also, while I'm glad that KotH was spared the fate of The Simpsons, I'm a bit sad that it isn't around in some form, because Hank would loving loathe Trump, as he's Big City Values made flesh.

Edit: On the subject of IQ tests, their own inventor rebuked them later in life and said they were worthless and that IQ isn't a real thing, or at least not something that's actually measurable. They persist, almost 100 years later, because they fill some people's deep-seated emotional need to be provably 'superior' to others.

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 16:55 on Aug 21, 2018

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

same reason the ice cream truck exploded

I love that I didn't even bat an eye at that, until you pointed it out.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

"In the world of erections, we as a society must preserve what makes sex work."

drat, one word too many.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Agean90 posted:

lol at y'all trying to engage in good faith with someone with cop in their name

Yeah, that username turned out to be a lot less ironic then I initially assumed.

Edit:

PRESIDENT LADYCOP posted:

I think it would be good if YouTube's official policy was one of suppressing the promotion of fascist ideology. They aren't doing that, they're suppressing "cyberbullying" and slurs, and I think that's really loving stupid, because slurs don't matter at all and making fun of people is good.

Like, look at Carl of Sargon or whatever the gently caress. I don't loving care that he made a rape joke or said the n-word. I don't think he should be censured for those things. He should be deplatformed because he supports a fascist political party, and when it happens, that should be the stated reason why.

Slurs and rape jokes are cool and good, I don’t see what the problem is?
-an extremely white guy

go gently caress yourself, holy poo poo

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Jun 8, 2019

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

So they censor you if you get ratio'd... meaning it's already more restrictive of free speech then Twitter. So... why does this need to exist then?

Oh, the subscription fee, right.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

I am like eighty percent certain that that's a parody but with Charlie Kirk I don't trust my judgment.

As unbelievable as it seems, I’m pretty sure it’s real.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

staticman posted:

Soon an anti-incel serial killer shall be brought into reality.

We need a lot more then just one. We need teams of them, hunting and slaying incels, like the real-life vampires they are.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

new Hunger Games style teen thriller where a nerd has to get laid before midnight or else the hunter killer drones will end him.

Climax of the film:

Robot: “You don’t even have to get laid dude, just stop being the absolute worst.

Incel: screams NEVER as he pulls down his pants and starts publicly masturbating

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

MINDs: We believe in free speech! Why won't anyone debate us!

Also MINDs: aggressively harasses and chases out someone who they fear might have different beliefs

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Sorry, who is the nazi in this chat log?

Yeah, can someone explain why I'm supposed to be mad about this? I legitimately don't get it.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

looks like he's gonna go from being the albert einstein of anti-SJWs to the stephen hawking of anti-SJWs

more like the charlie gordon

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Samovar posted:

Who's this Andy McAbe, and why were those idiot Q followers so thirsty for his imprisonment?

He was an FBI guy, allegedly fired for leaking documents. The DoJ decided not to charge him with anything, because there is no real evidence that he did anything. They believe this is a miscarriage of justice, because they are all severely mentally ill.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Bari Weiss and the Red Scare crew are all stupid hollow women who believe nothing so I see no contradiction.

That's not true, Bari believes very strongly in the non-personhood of Palestinians.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

my bane was the one where you have to spin the joystick to make mario pedal a stationary bike to power a lightbulb before a ghost eats you

Oh god, I'm having loving vietnam flashbacks. Whatever sadist designed those minigames should be condemned to play them until they have loving joystick stigmata.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Virtual Russian posted:

So is Tim supposed to be the exception that proves the rule or something?

I think after openly praising far-right shooters he isn’t really bothering to pretend anymore, his ‘fans’ have already internalized the idea and he hasn’t convinced any else in a while.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Maybe I'm just picky, but generally speaking any large, prominent flag that isn't communist or LGBT+ is a red flag for me.

edit: wow, terrific page snipe...

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Sep 10, 2020

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Wheeee posted:

i'm half convinced stupidpol is a psyop

only half?

they weren't very subtle about it being a leftist-to-fascist pipeline the last time I checked there

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Wheeee posted:

there's enough genuine left posting on there that i'd buy the mods just being idiots who think they're the ones converting people

This is fair, actually. I assumed that anyone having to repeatedly remind a large portion of their own sub not to launder alt-right talking points would eventually recognize a pattern, but they could easily just be huge morons.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Rah! posted:

lol an Ojibwe nazi :thunk:

After her pal Andy Ngo, I'm no longer surprised by people feverishly working towards an American Nazi regime that they themselves would be Day 1 casualties of.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

exp-TWP nazi matthew parrott (who was cucked by matt heimbach) is mad at greg johnson (who is gay) of counter currents for blowing their cover when it came to meeting with peter thiel

https://mobile.twitter.com/arnelsmom/status/1304531711552819200

2:26 - Greg's such a gossipy bitch! I can't stand it!

12:34 - Ready for some sweet-rear end gossip?

Lose the white supremacist angle and I already know two different people like this.

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Sep 12, 2020

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Living in Florida I met a lot of Lantinx people who were anti-immigrant conservatives. They would be a Cuban and say Mexicans were the problem or be Puerto Rican and say Cubans were the problem and had convinced themselves that anti-POC legislation and rhetoric on the right was aimed at whatever Lantinx groups they specifically hated but would not impact them. As if white conservatives can even tell them apart. It’s delisional.

Sometimes I think back to the article from the hispanic guy who was called an illegal by all his neighbors in the south growing up, and decided he would join ICE and be the most brutal and cruel ICE agent possible, and then he found out he wasn't a legal resident, and was shocked that after all of his vicious anti-immigrant savagery and cop bootlicking his ICE agent buddies immediately turned on him and he was promptly deported.

Specifically, I think about the end of that article, where he hasn't changed his beliefs at all and still hates immigrants, he just thinks he personally got a raw deal.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

i wanna hang with that courtroom sketch artist

Tubgoat posted:

No poo poo! :stare:

No kidding, I wasn't aware that courtroom artists were allowed to be anywhere near this cool.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

hopefully someone will bundle all the eps together at the end of the season into one simple torrent

frankly I'd be shocked if someone hadn't already

edit: unless you mean for season 2, where I'd say "who'd bother" except I know someone out there would. they made a torrent for bad rats, for gods sake

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

his schtick is to say vaguely anti-corporate things while not actually doing anything anti-corporate

(accurately) painting dems as entirely captured by corporate interests is entirely consistent with his overall messaging strategy and should not be confused with an actual anti-corporate sentiment on his part. he's just as much in the pocket of big business as the dems, he just has the basic political acumen to know he needs to lie about it

So he's the Republican Liz Warren?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Heath posted:

I want every one of these people to read Lolita and write an essay on it. Or at least a tweet.

"This appalling tome lays bare the verminous degeneracy of the left. [1/488]" - Half of Rightwing Twitter

"Man, what a baller." - The other half

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol he’s making GBS threads on her for living in a sanitized fantasy world holy poo poo dude turn on your nazi monitor lmao

Look, if he didn’t find even the teensiest bit of self-reflection agonizingly painful, he wouldn’t be where he is now in the first place.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Phi230 posted:

I guess Destiny's gone full fash huh

All his leftist viewers deserted him, the alt-right shitheads are the only audience he has left now.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

eonwe posted:

lol Destiny had a job getting paid to play video games for a living and he has hosed it up

Imagine making ~200k a year playing videogames and dunking on idiots, being miserable because there are streamers out there more popular then you, and then blowing up your entire career because you just can’t help saying that you hope BLM gets murdered by Nazis so you can keep playing videogames in peace. What a miserable shitstain.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that he went by a totally different pseudonym on Twitter?

I don't mean to suggest that he was trying to be anonymous, it just seems weird to not be promoting himself on Twitter by keeping a consistent name...

He was already banned from Twitter as Destiny

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Dustcat posted:

can't believe a gamer had a gamer moment

His life is just a series of gamer moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

kitten emergency posted:

they are happening because of a fad, though? trumpism requires you to be as loud and obnoxious as humanly possible. if you boil down the entire chud logic behind losing the election, its that they simply cannot hold it in their head that there are that many people that don't like him. the alt-right is, quite literally, a movement about virtue signaling. the best way to do that is to get in a big ball of your buddies and march around to own the libs and punch some people who disagree with you, because that's what you do. you're stronger than they are, you beat them up because they aren't as strong as you. that's the trump ethos.

so what happens with no trump? yeah, the underlying conditions that led to trump aren't going away, but for the most part 2018/2020 can be seen as a "middle class" repudiation of trumpism. there's no socially acceptable rock for them to cling to, so the only way they can persist is to find some new unifying purpose to rally around.

i mean, maybe i'm wrong (i've been wrong about plenty of poo poo) but there's been so many opportunities for widespread violence and all we see is a bunch of "you better be glad that my buddy's holding me back!!" drunk dude poo poo.

Chuds absolutely, 100% do not see it this way. The election was stolen, and Trump's only failing - if they even believe he has one - is that he was too weak and indecisive to just take by force the presidency that was rightfully his. It's the same quiet complaint they've had about him the entire time: "I wish he actually would lock up his enemies", "I wish he would just kill all those protestors" etc.