Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Nasgate posted:

Please game, stop rubbing it in my face that i have no armored units by giving me quests to use them.

For real. Can't even move on to the Hard & Lunatic quests for more orbs, cause that one is just sitting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

YTiki is tearing up the arena with her shiny new skillset and I'm not even done with her

I'm very proud of my dragon

I want to run a double dragon YTiki and Nowi. What did you put on YT?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Her current build is Lightning Breath+, a useless special that never procs in time, def+3, G Tomebreaker 3, and Hone Spd 1. Planning on upping the Hone Spd once I have the SP, buying Rally Defense (which came along with Lightning Breath from Nowi) and a less expensive special. The C slot, support skill, and special aren't really crucial to the build though--the main points are Lightning Breath and G Tomebreaker to ruin Nino's day, and Def+3 to help stay above 50% if Nino is hiding behind a melee.

Of course, Nino is much less common in the new arena but it turns out this set of skills is fairly versatile, and YTiki has good stats so it's worked out fine.

I was thinking of cannibalizing ATiki for LB+ and G Tomebreaker for my YTiki, so it looks like I was on the right track.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Elyv posted:

Double dragon seems risky with the number of Falchions running around in Arena.

I dunno, I like the idea of YTiki, Nowi, Takumi and Olivia.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Is it best to give the *breaker skills to a unit of the same color (I.e., give lancebreaker to a blue unit) or one with triangle advantage (giving green tomebreaker to a red unit)?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

How in the hell are people beating the Lunatic Xander? None of my team can tank a round, and that drat green mage can hit any blue anywhere, so I just get blown up on the first turn. These are my 5*s, plus some 4s. What is my best play?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I think my main block was I was using Azura, but when I danced someone out, she was left vulnerable. I'll put Draw Back on YTiki or something and see if Dancer and Draw Back works.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

big trivia FAIL posted:

I think my main block was I was using Azura, but when I danced someone out, she was left vulnerable. I'll put Draw Back on YTiki or something and see if Dancer and Draw Back works.

Yep, got u bithc

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Centzon Totochtin posted:

goddamn farming SP with level 40 heroes is like pulling teeth

This double sp event is a godsend. I wish they'd make some kind of universal sp like those shards

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I just put death blow 2 on my +ATK Reinhardt. This + WoM Azura is...hilarious?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Silver Falcon posted:

With the feather bonus we just got today, I have to decide if I want to promote a couple units to 4* or save the feathers to get Xander to 5*.

This is my dilemma. I'm leaning toward 5* Xander

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

UchihaHirou posted:

5* Xander or 5* +ATK Reinhardt?

On one hand, next bonus unit, or the other, Death Blow +Atk Reinhardt.

Decisions, decisions.

If I 5* Xander I'll have both :getin:

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Silver Falcon posted:

Not sure who you mean by tiny hands, but in general you want to stack the Cav-specific buffs: Fortify/Hone Cavalry and Goad/Ward Cavalry. If you're using someone with a -Blade tome, make sure they're next to two units with Hone/Fortify Cavalry at the beginning of each turn. The Goad and Ward skills don't give the buff damage boost to -Blade tomes.

Some good cavs:

Ursula- This one takes some skill inheritance to get rolling, but she's worth the investment, imo. Give her Odin's Blarblade tome and Moonbow. She already comes with Death Blow and Threaten Res. Park her next to your Fortify/Hone Cavalry buffers and watch her wreck poo poo

I only have 1 Odin, and he's 4 star. Will the regular 9MT Barblade work or should I hold out to see if I can ever get one of the 13MT Barblade+?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Nuebot posted:

He gets one shot. It's almost impossible to get one in range where it can't hit him first.

I did this to my BCamilla and yeah, she tears through everything as long as I don't let her get facetanked

My go-to team of her, +atk rein with deathblow, 5* xander, and WoM Azura is pretty funny

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

My horsey team with barblade Ursula though...she hits reds for around 70-80x2

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I've been trying to give people my +ATK Death Blow Rein, 5* Xander, and a Gronned up BCamilla. I hope they appreciate it

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm probably gonna promote Xander next, I keep getting one via my friends list in the voting gauntlet and I've been impressed

He's a red tank with distant counter and moves 3 spaces. Yes. Run a WoM3 dancer with him and a glass cannon and laugh

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Tae posted:

I accidentally gave hone cavalry to Xander instead of Priscilla

That was 2k feathers wasted for no reason

I gave xander hone and Priscilla fortify, now my cav team sees Ursula get 80x2 with barblade

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

2577131075. I'm alternating giving out a +ATK Deathblow 2 rein, a 5* Xander, and a BCamilla with Gron+

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Rein is straight up hilarious.

Julia remains the only unit that scares my Arena team

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Horse emblem seems strong but how does it fare in the arena? Don't cav units (the cav mages anyway) typically have low BSTs so unless you have a LOT of merges, your score will suffer?

I ran a Horse Emblem defense b/c of Xander but not offense this season, and maxed my defense score. I use higher BST units (but also Xander and Rein because you'd be dumb not to use them) on offense

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I've never understood the Hector love - I pick people running him in the arena all the time. YTiki/Xander or really any high def red ruins him (Also buffed gronnblade+ bcamilla); why isn't everyone feeding him for distant counter? Tell me why people love him (I don't have a Hector).

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Thanks thread for turning me on to Xander. I think he's typically going to be my replacement for eldigan unless I need to double your on reds.

That's what Rein is for. Seriously, running Rein, Xander, Azura, <green of your choice> trivializes the game

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Can someone explain (exactly, in excruciating detail) how the Tempest Trials work, and if it has any effect on any other portion of the game (ie, the guy earlier saying don't bring your main Arena team in?)?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I cannot beat the veronica stage no matter what. Even my sword lords do like 5 damage to her, and she just obliterates everyone.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

What do you do with a +SPD/-RES Effie?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Retcon posted:

Sooo many goddamn Dancer+Reinhardt teams in arena this week. Think only two teams I faced this week didn't have that combination. Still feeling a bit salty about the Bowbreaker Reinhardt that ended an arena run.

Don't want to complain too much though, putting Dancer+Reinhardt on your team is an easy way to get defense wins so of course people are going to do it.It's just annoying to play against.

I dunno, my standard defense team is

Death Blow, Goad Cav, Luna +ATK Rein with Reposition
Quick Riposte, Hone Cav, Bonfire Xander with Swap
WoM Azura
*Bonus Unit*

That, on its face, seems like a ridiculous team with movement shenanigans, but I usually only get 1 or 2 defense wins :(

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Oberndorf posted:

Should I tolerate and atk+/spd- Nino when I have an atk/spd neutral one, or should I feed the slowpoke to Cecilia for horse blade power?

Option 2. -SPD Nino is like the worst nature.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

My horse emblem team was doing well for a while but recently it's been really underperforming. Would it be worth it to swap everyone or almost everyone out?

As far as reserves I've got
, Xander, , , and .

You've got one of the best units in the game benched. 5* that bad boy and make a permanent roster spot.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

All my Ogmas are 4* and I can't bring myself to spend 20K to give BS+ to someone

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

What units really want Vantage? I'm leaning toward Nowi or Ryoma, but I have a Spring Camilla with Gronnblade+ who might could use it?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Roger Explosion posted:

Ursula is a wonderful unit and you should feel good for using her.

When I put Ursula into my Horse team and she gets 80x2 against someone it gives me the good feels

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Fritzler posted:

Yeah I really like using her and Camus more than Reinhardt I think actually.

Eh, my Rein is +ATK w/ Death Blow 3; I can't quit that.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Tae posted:

I don't think I had a Ryoma ever in my many rolls and rerolls

I have a Ryoma and I don't get the love for him. Xander does Ryoma better than Ryoma.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Retcon posted:

Not sure if I want to put 20k feathers into Xander at this point. I do have a lot of good red units (speaking of shame), but I also feel like I've been missing out. Would be an easier decision if I had been smarter and kept the second Celica I pulled instead of merging her, whoops.

Let me put it like this: 5* Xander and giving him QR2 and ATK3 is probably the best thing you can do in the game aside from giving a +ATK Reinhardt Deathblow 3

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Same. My "go" team is a kitted out +ATK Rein with DB3 & Luna, Xander with Bonfire & QR2, Azura w/ WoM, and then a bonus unit. It's me, I'm the stereotype. Typically the only unit losses I suffer are the bonus unit if I can't just stick them in a corner somewhere.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Should a 5* +ATK/-HP Raven be sacrificed to a 4* +ATK/-RES Frederick for his Brave Axe+ on Horse Emblem?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I'd run my kitted out Xander, +atk db3 rein, wom Azura, then brave axe+ Fred. Is that not a good idea? There would be ward, hone, and goad in there

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

ungulateman posted:

Running Frederick and Xander just means you immediately lose to any blue mage that Fred can't reach and one-hit safely, axe mom is where it's at

Reinhardt shits on every unit not named Julia, so a blue mage isnt a concern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

That GHB looks...difficult. I'd say wolf tomes but all mine are 3* and 4*, and the mages probably have a high res anyway.

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 18, 2017