Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Once you get past the super high learning curve, the steam controller is fun to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I have precisely zero interest in playing disco elysium or hollow knight

im so sorry

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

You can press a button and the game will literally label what you can interact with and where you can go IIRC

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

Suikoden was better then Final Fantasy .

Unpopular but respectable

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

There will never be another game as good as Tie Fighter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the voice acting in the original RE2 wasn't that bad

it wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad like a lot of people say

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I haven't played the Mass Effect games before and I'm up to 3 and its barely an rpg anymore, its just a dated shootyman game with annoying shield guys

First one is the best btw

absolutely

ME2 loving sucked rear end and most of the crew's issues being slight variations of "I HATE MY DAD!!!! :mad:" was pathetic and it's sad that people hold up that loving game like it has good writing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hector Delgado posted:

DE is getting to Undertale status for me where each time I hear about it, I hate it more and more

:yeah: Undertale I at least had some urge to check it out from the tidbits i had seen here and there

DE has absolutely nothing of interest going on for me - not the gameplay, not the visuals, not the story, not even the fuckin title

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Marauders were tons of fun to fight in Doom Eternal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Trollologist posted:

I use the steam controller so I can play no games great.

But steam link rules hard and is the best slept on tech in PC gaming.

Getting two for $5 each when Valve was selling off their stock was an incredible deal, just a solid device all around imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Played elden ring all day today. Still the greatest game ever made

The Protagonist posted:

it's definitely the most impressive action rpg ever built by man.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

No it isn't. That's just the sads way of giving fromsoft (a lovely company) a way out for not having 21st century accessibility options. Letting other people play the game for you is not a difficulty slider. It's letting someone else play the game for you.

D-, can't stick the landing, please be more convincing next time

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

This is unrelated to your post, but I saw you your av in smiling friends. And I was wondering if it’s originally from that or if it was some sort of broader meme that already existed. Like it is just out of nowhere in that show it was hilarious.

Haha yeah it's originally from it. Back when the pilot first aired and I had a "holy poo poo this is actually p good" moment, someone posted a super high res version of it on Twitter and I knew immediately it would likely be my be-all-end-all avatar on here lol

I love the little art style switches and gags and smiling friends is the best thing AS has done in years and the unusually detailed image of pim and his broken mind is a good approximation of my posting spirit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

i had no idea mike stoklasa guest starred in that til i saw it recently, pim's buddy finishing the conversation and nonchalantly picking him up and walking off slayed me

It was such a strong pilot that I had a feeling it was going to be good and now the series is out and it's fantastic, and beats the hell out of the dumb poo poo like Mr. Pickles or any other monkey cheese stuff they've shat out for a decade

Stoked for the second season

Anyways on topic, my unpopular game opinion is that project eden was a cool, weird rear end co op game that should be given a second look

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, i refuse to play Elden Ring just to spite all of you, in much the same way i refuse to ever watch Rick and Morty.

same but disco elysium, also because there's absolutely nothing about it - visuals, gameplay, story - that sounds interesting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

DQ11 has the worst crafting system ever. Xenoblade is close but DQ11 it is required to complete the game. And you have to do it for hours and hours and hours. And you can lose material if you gently caress up (I think.) And it's easy to screw up. And it's slow.

E: look at this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468MLRNI9qU

Uh what, in what way is it "required"? i don't think I spent hours and hours on any crafting in DQ11 :confused:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

I saw you playing it on your stream. All you were doing was spamming heavy attack against the early game knight guys and constantly getting owned by them because you couldn't actually get an attack in. You died a few times this way and gave up and played call of duty lol

Hahahahaha

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

styls trill epic posted:

Your not missing anything OP. It's washed out tedious junk that looks like an N64 game basically.

But enough about disco Elysium

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Diablo 1 and 2 weren't the most compelling in terms of narrative, but they had entertaining stories that moved things along nicely and could be avoided if you didn't care for it

3 opted to have cutscenes for stupid bullshit like talking to random villagers and bandits and the entire thing was just dumb even by Blizzard standards

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I was so desperate for a fighting game on the n64 (outside of Smash Bros. if that counts?) I remember getting Deadly Arts and not even having a Create a Fighter feature could save it from being a terrible mess

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

site posted:

on the plus side it had the best wrestling games of that generation of consoles

:hai: No Mercy is brilliant

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Black Ops 1 was a ton of fun and convinced me that all shooters should have an Ice Cube announcer pack

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

You have all those bright, colorful, fun looking worlds from the Genesis games and they insist on putting Sonic in those bland environments and it's just bizarre

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RE1 copying AITD and tank controls being one of the main ways developers hosed around with 3d environments at the time can both be true :thunk:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think I've gotten more angry at a video game than the first Dead Rising where I actually screamed and smashed my controller into the floor and tortured the disk with hot water until I broke it in half like a toddler.

The AI and trying to save anyone combined with the Hicks in the courtyard and their jeep just broke my brain and I still consider that the worst game I've ever played

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Final Fantasy fans are obnoxiously defensive of their series, and even the mildest criticism sets them off into a froth of the most tedious possible posting.

they're right

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Top Gun on the NES is a fun game

Edit: I didn't realize that in some versions the stages could be silent, but I remember growing up and hearing this fuckin :krad: tune and I've always loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT0kfQKTaEw

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

neato burrito posted:

Witcher 3 ruined video games.

Actually no, that was Morrowind :twisted: