Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Aleph Null posted:

No, Funny Pictures.

Like this one.

Eh, I'd say its harder to remove the ziptie than the lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Facebook Aunt posted:

No one cares if their quarter pounder is fresh.

I wish McDonalds would just stop trying. Their big complicated menu is a mess. The other day I went in and ordered 2 McDoubles from the kiosk and it took 7 minutes for my order to be called. 7 minutes! Seriously? Just bring back the heat lamps already. Heat lamps were great. During a rush the cooks could make a dozen identical burgers at a time, shove them into the warm red glow, and when you'd have your order in like 2 minutes, tops.
Heatlamps were old like 25 years ago. When I did my time as teenage fast food labor, McDonalds had just finished perfecting the made to order (but not really) system. Everything was assembled assembly line style. To keep the meat on the assembly line after it was cooked, there was like a meat cupboard with a bunch of drawers that slid out of a warming oven and each drawer had a different sort of meat. So like a quarter pounder drawer, a Big Mac patty drawer, drawers of nuggets. Instead of a heatlamp, the tray where food was kept after it was made had a forced air heater that kept the tray hot as gently caress, like you could cook underdone poo poo in that thing.

Google image searching McDonald's meat cupboard unfortunately doesn't give any pictures of the ingenious device.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Syd Midnight posted:

His rap sheet is illuminating

I get the impression that even though lobotomies were 100% bullshit, they were shilled hard and doctors assumed that other doctors had peer reviewed it so it turned into a landmark "never again must we allow this" ethics tragedy. But its really very simple when you know which part of the brain contains the little mustachioed rear end in a top hat:

I used to want to edit it and change those to forums but :effort:
Lobotomies worked in that it could take an individual with manic episodes from needing round the clock observation or restraint to a passive childlike demeanor who could be cared for at home instead of being long term committed. The ethics get hairy across the board because the model patient isn't likely to consent, and the processes for others to consent instead aren't the greatest facsimile of personal consent for an invasive non reversible treatment. See also it was a majority of women being treated.

It was a no brainer to drop the brain damage therapies when antipsychotics and other medicines came around because you could still medicate someone to the point they're like a passive child, but it's reversible if something better comes along or if consent is reconsidered.

Unrelated:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

FFT posted:

how long will it be until the dystopian future of Markov-chain derived network TV

and honestly will it even be worse?
That Scrubs script is the missing link which demonstrates even if it's not the rigid algorithmic form of a Markov chain, there's a statistical combination method by the time you are making the 3rd+ season of anything. I assume partly learned internally and partly physically pulling names, actions, and results from a hat and writing to the result.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
All the heat retention of polymer fibers. All the scratchiness of wool fibers. :kiss:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zipperelli. posted:

If you take absurd questions from Yahoo Answers and put them on Infowars, you can't tell the difference:

You can't just sneak this one in at the end.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Randaconda posted:

The tamer ones will come nudge you when they want to be petted :3:
I don't have time to pet meat lockers. Thankfully modern mechanization has me covered.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

sneakyfrog posted:

uhm a butter glazed with garlic crust is pretty dope yo.
"Buttery" made of soybean oil margarine and medium chain triglycerides, just like mom used to make.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I might be getting Botnik fatigue but I swear they are editing these with a heavier hand every time and it's tipping the scale back to lol-random instead of laughing at the silly robot who thinks it's a script writer.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lobok posted:

It's predictive text so it was never a robot writing the scripts. It's basically Choose Your Own Adventure but for writing a story instead of reading it.

I wrote a "zedprime" post by inputting all the posts you've made in this thread and then seeing what popped up after each word branched out into new options for more words.

Edit: Here's the link to it. Zedprime.txt
It's indistinguishable from my normal posts.

But I realize it's the most editable of the robot mediums and that's why I also chalked it up as maybe fatigue of the medium. But the early ones seemed much more dream like and less like a writing workshop about a Frasier episode about an iron.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I believe it was less about that and more "The only grain you are allowed to use is barley because we don't want wheat or rye to be diverted from bakers so the price of bread doesn't go up."
Closer and the ostensible reason it went on the books. But north Germany never really had a wheat problem like the south so it's also recognized as a trade protection demanded by Bavaria because they realized their wheatless piss beer had no chance to compete with the beers of the north unless it was tariffed or banned.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Paladinus posted:

To this day I'm deeply saddened that Sir Christopher Lee is dead. Taken too early, RIP.
Yeah, rip Christopher "Great Chuck" Lee. Killing the Saxon man in heaven :angel:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Moon Monster posted:

A nun with a bow tie and huge boobs?
I can't unsee this now

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
For most food advertising it activated charcoal is just fancy science words for food safe carbon pigment. Also it happens to have connotations with "it's medicine" so they randomly dye health food with it because collectively we have the medical foresight of a kid drinking a bottle of cough syrup to get better faster.

E. The "activated" part of it means it has a high surface area for absorption of stuff in your aquarium or gut etc. By the time you cook with it it'll be less than activated because it is now covered in cheese for example.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 17:59 on May 25, 2018

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Sometimes migrant workers get tired of being migrants and settle down and open a ridiculously good texmex or asian food restaurant in bumfuck, population 5k.

You can often eat better in Bumfuck, Midwest than the large midwestern cities because of this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zil posted:

McDonald's owns, Chipotle.
Quote updated for 2006

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SpacePig posted:

It is funny, I'll admit, but it's like those people who post about how their kid said something really poignant about the meaning of life while they were in the checkout line. Just say you wrote a funny olive garden thing and stand by your work.<:mad:>
Its funniest in relief of the actual neural net based jokes because you can say anything on the internet and explain it was really something else saying it. There was also a while there people were making jokes about their kids saying really profound things. I'd also relate it to quote misattribution jokes too.

I'm loving dying that a neural net "expert" did a "well actually (1/12)"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Caufman posted:

Nice.

I can't sew or make poo poo so I have to make do with a real shark.
Its got to be a real trip to get into a sleeping bag that smooth.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I want this to be true so, so badly. “Everone gets given at least 1 sticker a session” is giving me the same feeling I get watching kittens trying to stand on their hind legs and attach each other.
I think there is a 100% chance there are DMs going around doing the sticker method of training nerds but I'm pretty sure I've seen this exchange 15+ years ago so STDH or not its not a new idea. But I'm still delighted by everyone on the outside going oh yeah, makes sense really.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
As a cowboy expert I can tell you that they are assless chaps before they are put on someone and assful chaps once someone is wearing them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Vapist-crytpo trash-humanist is the only believable string of words in all four.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Field Mousepad posted:

Wait there are drug tests in Colorado?
Occupational drug testing has nothing to do with public legality and everything to do with private insurance risk management.

Step 1 is legalizing it but everybody forgets there is a step 2 of change occupational testing to spit tests because the metabolite pee/blood tests over report on the actual measure the insurance companies care about ie. can someone show up to a time and a place sober or were they using in the lead up to an accident.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Collateral Damage posted:

The "When you read, you score!" slogan makes me believe the intended audience is children, so the list reflects that. Could be it's the books the players enjoyed when they were kids themselves.
Hmm yes maybe or but also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8mQpka2Y0

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

freeedr posted:

How does that make any sense? Shouldn’t it be easier to drag an animal home when the animal is unconscious? What does it do to stop you if it’s unconscious? Does its lifeless body suddenly become animate and run away faster than it could when it was awake? Answer me this poo poo, you wild animal abuser
Pokemon going into the ball must be 100% consensual.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

rodbeard posted:

The extra- prefix can also mean outside of you loving dipshits.
Makes sense, when I get the extra fries they are usually outside of the carton.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Samuringa posted:

I wonder if there is a really furious x-mas song, like an angry rap about gifting coals or a black metal about Rudolph's dark origins
Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve is originally from a concept album about the Bosnian War by Savatage. It's just an arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman but in the liner notes it explains it's based on the story of a dude who played cello in the Sarajevo city center despite the war. On Christmas Eve he was playing Christmas carols, until something exploded and then he wasn't. In the morning people found that he got hit by a mortar. Maybe apocryphal but very metal.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Silverware is a scam, you can do everything you need to eat with a sharpened spoon. Maybe some chopsticks for the cheetos.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Gripweed posted:

don't insult Sonico like that
So it's a making love doll then.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Chill out man, not everyone's mom has an accretion disc.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It was a mercy killing, wouldn't have been long before a police department did a controlled detonation on him.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Besesoth posted:

My father, a professor of epidemiology and biostatistics, uses this graph in his intro class as an example of "lying through statistics". It's a classic and I smile every time I see it.
The creator is against the law. They're aping a classic graph (I forget which but the dripping was a little more normal) to make it look like bloods dripping down, and the law causing more blood to drip down. Charts don't work like that but A for effort

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Xun posted:

Free jazz sounds like someone reinvented atonal music with jazz instruments instead of an orchestra/piano. I wonder if it has caused any angry riots when preformed too
Free jazz is usually fairly measured atonal and polyrhythmic music.

I mean some of it's just chaotic jam banding but I try to be careful about genre signalling. Like for a lot of jazz obsessed folks it's hard bop if they like it and free jazz if they don't but it's usually a small stones throw away with a slightly different polyrhythm or tonal scale between the two.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

RatHat posted:

...Sea people invasions? Is that fancy talk for Vikings?
Random Mediterranean pirate/raiders. We're not entirely sure where or who they were because civilization had largely forgotten how to write at the time.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

JoelJoel posted:

Major historical shifts are never (save for maybe a massive asteroid of mega volcano or whatever) caused by one single thing and some nebulous and extremely I'll defined "sea people invaded everywhere at once and stopped civilization in its tracks" is a piss poor explanation for such a major and cataclysmic event.

It was never a strong theory and there still isn't a universally accepted meta explanation. I strongly recommend the book 1177, which basically says, nah, we don't understand this well and the declines we saw are probably a perfect storm of poo poo happening in concert across the region.
Hrmmm yes but if you look at the chart closer the sun causing low T is what caused the bronze age collapse and the sea people's were just some Chad's taking advantage.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CannonFodder posted:

Make the model train farm but instead of chickens the farm has Warhams
Adding to my list of model train goals below Christmas village and above outdoor with a scale large enough to fit a cat in a flat bed (for the porch)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You just need to supercut all the really horny parts into a cliff notes at the front and you'll get teenage boys all over your Bible. Too bad the sort of denominations encouraging proselytizing like editing Bible's for specific audiences are very interested in not calling out the horny parts.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Thank God they blocked out the sexiest lady part (ankles)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Your PM ate an onion like an apple.

One of the most human things this Reptilian has done on camera.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Johnny Aztec posted:

Religion: Where everything's made up and the rules don't matter.

" Oh hey, rules say we cant have meat during this time.'

Oh poo poo, well, I'll just say these animals here are fish, and then we can ignore the first rule for the most part."
This is one of those things that sounds weirder than what the literal reading is. Fasting at the time this became a practice was determined by the what I'm struggling to find words for but lets call disposition of the food. Classically called hot and cold, but more like interesting and boring. A good fast is of boring food. Fish are boring, but it sets the precedent water animals are boring so if a priest wanted to call these capybaras, beavers, and muskrats boring that's their prerogative as a bridge to God.

Similarly giving up Facebook seems like a far cry from walking through the desert, but fasting is personal and if you think not being able to post your favorite memes for a couple months gets you closer to Jesus, you do you.