Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This takes place 50 years further into the already-far-future, I'm guessing Jack lost the sword 50 years back not long after the original series' finale and he'll have to go back in time to get it before he can go all the way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

VJeff posted:

Which episode is that again?

Wasn't Legend of Korra a show that started good and went way beyond the number of episodes they expected to get?
It was jerked around by the network in several ways. It started good, season two was really bad, season three was better, and season 4 was really solid, but it was pulled off of TV by that point.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Genuinely wishing for Jack and the wolf to become homies. We don't need an incessant death march into sadness every second of the show, give him something to bond with and maybe not have every episode be him going like totally insane.
Pretty sure the wolf is dead, man.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Spending fifty years perpetually in your physical prime fighting for your pointless life hones the body as it shatters the mind. It's like a Bowflex of sorrow.
Mods, thread name change please

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Time to meet our fates.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Someone earlier thought it would be cool if, just as Jack closes in on the sword, Aku learns he doesn't have it and rushes to Jack and there's a tense race. Judging from the storytelling talent we've seen in just these three episodes, that would be loving awesome.
Oh yeah, I'm all in for this being basically the climax of the series. Or at the very least, Aku finding out Jack doesn't have the sword and the tables being turned, Aku looks everywhere searching for Jack and Jack having to do everything to avoid him until he finds the sword.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

mycot posted:

Oh yeah, everyone should have realized the daughters were doomed when he lost his hat/helmet and his clothes.
It's like the Inverse Ninja Rule, except instead of ninjas being more dangerous the fewer there are of them (which, by the way, this show did a fantastic job of subverting with the Daughters) Jack gets more dangerous with each piece of his clothing that gets torn off.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Is Samurai Jack A Postmodern Assessment of the Validity of the Nudist Lifestyle?
This is a joke but I think this argument could actually be made

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Looking forward to a brand new episode of Samurai Jack, but with googley eyes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Aishi is an interesting problem for Jack as she doesn't really care how great a warrior the samurai is or how many times he saved her from peril, the girl is absolutely obsessed with a mission she's failed at constantly. Ironically, she's a lot like Jack in that regard - minus a few decades or so of insanity. But the one action that actually reached her was something Jack couldn't have ever known or probably effectively used against her, an act of non violence to some random little bug she was interested in briefly as a child. For the sake of time this is probably the turning point of beginning to trust Jack, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is still something of a stay of execution in her mind.

Although the girl is controlled by her repressed childhood emotions and empathy and if she ever starts to miss her sisters - um, well the guy that brutally killed them is standing just over there...
I'm guessing Ashi will spend one episode on guarded speaking terms with the Samurai, willing to hear him out but still mistrusting him, before something happens to solidify her faith in him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I liked Episode 4 for the most part, but I guess I can understand why some people were down on it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Important outfit change!

I like it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

bobjr posted:

How would one even charge Aku?
Take it from the treasury I guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh god dammit, this guy

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh gently caress it does actually exist

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

YES

YEESSSSSSS

edit: whoops I thought he had used the Sword to stop the attack, that woulda been real cool

Still, neat

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I just figured the coal or ash or whatever was magic and formed a skintight goo bodysuit or something. The fact that loving scraping yourself with rocks for hours in water is what it took to get it off kinda made it seem that way.
Considering all the talk about "taking the darkness into yourself" I'm guessing this is the case.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Asuron posted:

Come on now. There's always one clunker in something and this was it I suppose. In fact I know what bothers me about it. It reminds me of the stupid Killing Joke romance between Batgirl and Batman. Super forced and hamfisted and really awkward to watch.
Oh poo poo, you're exactly right. It basically hits the exact same beats, but just without Ashi being crippled at the end.

Well, yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Well, I think it was kinda weird that Jack didn't air last week, but I'm pretty excited for this week's episode nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It's been a couple weeks since the last Jack episode, but the last episode where Jack got his sword was a real good one. I'm hype!!

edit: god dammit let me dream gennedy

• Locked thread