Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I really feel like i'm always a step or 2 behind where i'm expected to be with social stats. Only got Guts and Prof at level 3 and although i've spent the last few days grinding Knowledge and Charm for social links they still haven't changed. Post-dungeon 3 what level should my stats really be at to not get gated by anything coming up soon?

I'm at the same place (like dungeon 3 is clear with ~13 days left) and have all 2s except Prof 3.

I'm a little worried about this too, but I feel like I'm right about on par bc most of them have to be ready to rollover anytime now. I think it's weird how you can get the maid service and what I assume is a weapon shop owner S Link very early but likely won't have the Guts for a very long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

You can't do your bro Morgana dirty like this

he's just a horndog like teddie; I love her.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to be honest, guys: I don't know which girl to date.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Do you still unlock high-level persona for clearing confidants, and are there any I should go out of my way to finish for that reason?

I was trying to find a list on Google and couldn't

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

As a general point make sure you are doing the Strength link. For the 2nd and 3rd boss the persona they wanted me to make was a major part of my success. In terms of social stats I am just about to take the final in July and have finally manged to raise my charm to 3 (started late on the sun s-link) which is equal to every other stat I have besides knowledge which is 4.

jesus, either your s links are lower than mine or I've somehow wasted a LOT of time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

The only thing you should be worried about is feeding your plant because what kind of monster would let an innocent plant die?

*raises paw* I forgot

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, the one thing I think the S Link system could do without is the increased gains for bringing a same-arcana persona, and just roll that bonus into the normal gains.

The expense to summon a Pixie or w/e from the compendium to hit those requirements is marginal for the second half of the games, but having to juggle your free space and go back to the Velvet Room if you forget one for the current month or need to swap one out is loving annoying. It adds nothing to the game but additional tedium.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Is Sojiro's S.Link just incredibly time consuming, in comparison to the other confidants, to raise or am I missing something? Hanging out with a Hierophant Persona only gives 2 points, he doesn't want any gifts, and he never appears in other events. C'mon old man :argh:

One thing at least: AFAIK you seem to get the same amount of affection with him from making coffee that you do from hanging out, so you can at least get something from hanging out.

I'm afraid he's going to end up unfinished on my file, though.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Holy poo poo Morgana's All Out Attack ender is the best thing

Counterpoint: Morgana's special follow-up attack

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

What security level should I be seeing treasure demons?

I think I've only ever seen one in Mementos, aside from the mandatory first one

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The other day I asked if there were specific arcana I should make sure to max out for the Persona, and I was reading around and figured out that the answer is Lovers and Star

You need the ultimate Persona from those arcana to fuse the only thing that gets Victory Cry in P5, so please be nice to Ann

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone even mention dating Chihaya or Ohya in the past year.

I like Ohya and considered her, but picked someone else, and I'm planning to be the player on NG+ to make sure I date every single possible girl

Coldforge posted:

This game is so absolutely awful, and I can't stop playing it :(

awfully good!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

Goro is Naoto, but good and cool and strong, and gently caress you!!

Naoto was good and strong!!!

Honestly ppl even overstate how bad or hard to use she was in pre-Golden P4

e;fb

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

I only got the option for Makoto and Ryugi in Hawaii. Ann is maxed and Makoto is rank 5 so :shrug:

Maybe it has to do with how you answer the question about which girl you like the night before?

I'm at this part right now and have four: Makoto (5), Ann (Max), Hifumi (7), and Ryuji (9)

My theory is that it has to do with the personas available to you, i.e. your options are all the students on the trip that you have a same-arcana persona for

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

I haven't gotten far in it nor really gotten a chance to use but Teacher Maid's S. Link rewards sound just bonkers.

like what the gently caress

I can't figure out how the "gives you free time to do stuff while slacking in class" one is supposed to work; I got it during the summer and now I'm off summer break but school hasn't changed at all (I figured it'd give you prompts when you get the "teacher asks questions" bits)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, so is there a reason both Sun and Moon keep cockblocking me? Neither will actually talk to me when they're out there. This is after the second dungeon but before the guy confessed, is there something I need to progress to get them to open up, that the game isn't telling me about?

For Sun, did you work at the beef bowl shop until he shows up as a customer? I think you have to do it twice.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

Getting the Fortune Confidant up to Rank 7 allows you to pay money every day to get a couple of points with any character you want without it taking up time.

what

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If nothing else, trying to 100% this game with a guide on your first run is odd because you have to do NG+ to see and do everything in the game, which means you may as well just save the 100% for NG+ where you start with maxed social stats and millions of yen

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Freak posted:

:siren: ATLUS EMPLOYEES DON"T READ THIS POST

There is a site called Youtube where you can watch them all.

that's a technical foul

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

I like this game so much I might end up altering my avatar for it

same, I'm thinking cropping haru or morgana out of their all-out splashes maybe

is anybody using those, duplicate avatars are gauche

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

theblackw0lf posted:

Thematically I think this is the strongest Persona game so far.

I absolutely agree w/ this, friend and I were just talking today about how it seems like the confidantes are thematically linked by their outsider status and it's the first game in the series where the combat mechanics actually seem to suit the game's theme (like when you're playing well, the bonus turn system gives combat a stylish, musical flow the way playing Bayonetta or something well has, which suits the smooth criminal vibe)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The best boy is the dog that's hanging out in your neighborhood when you first arrive

wisdom

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I'm the weirdo that loved Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

I prefer them to the SMT mainseries just like Persona. It's okay dude.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So uh, I guess Network Fusion can give you Personas with a higher base level than your own.

What is that actually doing? Randomly pairing me with someone online and fusing the two Persona we put up, giving us both the result?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Well yeah, I've seen it enough at this point.:v: The thing is the game for the most part is MC in that room recounting how he got there meaning he never actually died.

If you fall in combat it's basically MC telling Sae that he died.

Dragonatrix posted:

Which is why it's a game over. You're way overthinking this.

It's kind of cool to use this as a justification for why you get to retry major battles tho, "wait no that's impossible that didn't happen" like Prince of Persia or some poo poo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
With a little time and positive thinking, you'll find that Morgana is your friend

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RME posted:

goro is a pleasant smiley boy and all of you are neither pleasant nor smiley to him

He's an rear end hole and I hope he slips up and arrests himself!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

Koromaru is a good dog :colbert:

add a world/aeon s link that is the shibe that is hanging out when you arrive at the beginning of the game

it was kind of bullshit that walking koromaru wasn't an s link unto itself

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

nanako should've stayed dead

:yikes:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Baal posted:

Ryuji is amazing

He's my favorite First Bro by a long shot, Yosuke was such a goon

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Sojiro rank that requires Kindness 5 to initiate gives you Kindness at the end of the cutscene.

I'm beginning to wonder if they hosed up some of the stat requirements by accident or something.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey, (lategame post-palace 6 spoilers) if you gave Goro a good accessory, like say an SP Adhesive 3, it dumps it back into your inventory when he leaves the party. Presumably armor too, though I'm not sure because I ganked his suit for its Evade on Joker and gave him a generic thing I have several of.

Yet another instance of this game curiously avoiding doing mean SMT stuff.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
every mishima scene needs a dialogue option that just says "why are you like this"

akin to "please leave." when akechi is eating dinner at leblanc

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Caidin posted:

I'd been thinking to myself that the palaces were supposed to be themed as classic caper locales but then I got to level 5 and I can't really think of any good heists set on a space station.

The original Star Wars is about rescuing a princess from a space station, which is a kind of heist; Okumura dresses like Darth Vader and you're trying to save Haru

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Emulator posted:

I wish Maya was datable, but you cant date yourself. And those games dont have that system. Ive said it a few times but a person who has the sort of outlook on life who makes something like "Lets Positive Thinking!" thier life motto is my type.

iirc you actually can decide in innocent sin whether you want tatsuya to be in love with her, lisa, or jun (!!!) but it doesn't really do anything significant

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Oblivious posted:

On the topic of dateable girls I will say that Haru is a very Arsene choice.

I've got a criminal record ruining my job prospects? Not if I charm a wealthy heiress motherfuckersssss

The most Arsene choice is dating every girl, which is what I'm doing in NG+.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kind of pissed that you don't get a badass sword for Yusuke from electrocuting Orochi

I assume the most OP gear is still from sacrificing Persona, I just don't have the top tier ones yet

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it's silly to get in pissing matches about people projecting american social problems onto persona, because a lot of the stuff persona 5 deals with - exploitative collusion between politicians/corporations/police, the social stigma of being accused, internet fame and cybercrime, young people scrambling to breath in a society that seems methodically ordered against them, hikikomori - is very relevant to contemporary americans

japan and the US have some important cultural differences, but being wealthy, technophilic, late capitalist, law-and-order obsessed democracies means they also have a lot in common

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

who's getting into pissing matches

idk im just snappy bc I felt like it happened earlier in the thread and annoyed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Re: being stuck on Madarame, can you not knock out 1 more level for Ryuji without wasting your SP and supply of items? Or does Palace 2 not let you run around on the heist day?

His having Rampage is a huge help for that battle and I'm pretty sure I was exactly the right level (17) to get it, so you're really only 1 level behind and not 5 or w/e.