Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The concert should just be the random celebrities singing Let It Be from that Norwegian talk show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jestery posted:

31, that's cute, Just lol if you think this hand counting poo poo hasn't been solved by the Deaf, one one hand, up to 999,999 for literally decades (if not centuries)

Here's up to 20 or so

If you use both hands that number goes up to 1023.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Karate Bastard posted:

Trying to communicate how many coffees I want and get shot for inappropriate application of gang signs

Kramer would have been safe from the Van Buren Boys and the 999 Club

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I just can't figure out why the King of the Dudes' jacket is a cartoon and the rest of him is a photograph.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Boomers all boiled or microwave steamed vegetables, but they all grew up eating slimy canned vegetables so to their palates it was still a major improvement. Before that people were basically getting what they could fresh when it was in season and if they were able. Developments in shipping and food production have given us fresh food in greater variety and at lower cost than any time in human history.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The bill itself is definitely non-fungible, it's a physical object and only one can exist. The dollar that the bill represents is fungible. Also I don't think proof of reservation of a ticket is a practical use of blockchain either.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Anime Liker posted:

Counterpoint: Tony Chachere's, Tabasco, and wood didn't spontaneously materialize in the US in 2009. That poo poo was around in the 40s.

Boomers made an active decision to not season their food and grill it over those nasty rear end zippo lighter flavored charcoal briquettes.

They boiled those goddamn vegetables on the range built into the oven they should have been in.

Yeah you couldn't get keffir lime leaves in Nebraska in 1978. But you drat sure had an oven and salt and fat to make bomb rear end vegetables.

That lazy boomer poo poo was a choice.

Cool 2 for 1 on saying people deserve a holocaust for the way they cook and using a racial slur in the same post

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm sorry, I just realized by "they should have been put in" you meant the vegetables and not boomers. But yeah "keffir" is a racial slur.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
e: nothing to see here folx

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

iwentdoodie posted:

Generally walking through anything that white is full of racial slurs

Yeah, it's safe to assume any amazon subsidiary is going to be full of racism, and that goes double for anything as bougie as whole foods

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So is there a Swedish name for those limes that you feel has been canceled or..?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Facebook Aunt posted:

There had to be a period when people who had known the world before industrial canned vegetables started buying canned vegetables, realized they were poo poo, but kept doing it anyway. I'm not going to look it up, but I bet it was around the same time as stuff like corn flakes were invented. When advertisements were all about telling you how "digestible" and "pure" their products were. If it's bland as hell you know it's not adulterated. There's nothing in your sad can of peas and carrots but peas and carrots, and it's so digestible you don't even need teeth to chew 'em.

Yeah, definitely. And when you consider what early industrialized food was like, The Jungle and all that poo poo, I can kinda get it. There was this tie in to the new age movement too, you nailed it on the head when you said that the obsession was with things being "pure."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

It implies trans warfare, the likes of which we haven't seen in 53 years.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Antigravitas posted:

"Who is caring for our child?"

"I've found someone who is good and cheap"

(Gut & Günstig is a store brand of a German supermarket chain)

Just because I didn't see anyone else point it out the other joke is that's a picture of Til Schweiger, and he's being babysat by a "Tilsitter."

apatheticman posted:

Coulda just left Gerard Depardieu's face in there.

They did!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

LifeSunDeath posted:

reminds me of this thing that came with my Switch screen protector the other day:

If it was for your Switch it seems like maybe it's more a HeysVers

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

dialhforhero posted:

I hate to tell the meme that Millenials were deffo born when the song was released.

Old enough to hear it and care at the time of birth? No.

But lol if your’re a millenial and DIDN’T have a Metallica phase in the 90s. That’s like not having the album Framptom Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of Tide.

Sorry to break it to you Mr. Myers, but a bunch of millennials weren't born before march 86.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Biplane posted:

Millennials and Xers are united in their love of St. Anger, the greatest musical achievment of our time

I unironically have no issue with the snare sound on St Anger.

Riven posted:

Yeah Lars was the money in the beginning. He bought his way into being a drummer.

That's true, his dad was a fairly successful tennis pro. Him and James had no idea what they were doing but the difference is James' right arm became godly.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hyperlynx posted:

Thank God you told us, Mr "5 posts in a 3600 post thread"! What would we have done without the knowledge that you, whoever you are, don't like two of the posts ITT! :allears:

Hey that's not fair, it's a 3600 page thread, so actually something like 145,000 posts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no i don't read those either. i can't read. i've got people to do that for me and he doesn't pay them enough

Name checks out.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Empty Sandwich posted:

iirc sitar players have to learn a bunch of insane signatures. I think I remember an interview with one of Ravi Shankar daughters where she talked about learning to play in 16/17 or something.

Indian classical music, particularly in the Hindu tradition, doesn't really approach time signatures the way western music does and western time signatures don't really apply. There are rhythm cycles but again it's not like a kick snare beat, it's like rolling waves that can take several minutes or a few seconds. Some of it has a rhythm but effectively no time signature.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This is also just libertarians all the time with literally everything.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

3D Megadoodoo posted:

[whatever the gently caress ajoviima is in English... seriously, why can't I find a word for it what the gently caress lmao?]

Looking it up, we don't really have a word for the wind or breeze caused by something passing by, we generally just use other words that already mean moving air. In racing it's called a draft, in terms of "riding in the draft" or whatever, but again that's just a general word for moving air.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Probably one of those pinwheel things, a fake perpetual motion machine.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mainwaring posted:

You CAN do some neat stuff by storing energy while breaking to use when accelerating later however, not sure if it's possible to do that efficiently in a vehicle as small as a standard car though.

It's literally how hybrid cars work.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh man a DrNoob280 original!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Oh yeah, my kid loves these books. I think it's pretty weak for Le Guin, but you know whatever

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yes, but that's only because she didn't marry Atom. Enya Goren is easily pronounceable, and Orinoco Flows like the perfect name.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh I see, its a bud dwyer joke we're he's in the third game of the bud dwyer series of games.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Anime is poisson.

"Ahh, oui. Anime et un poisson."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Please do not stick a doughnut hole in your doughnut hole, it will not make your doughnut whole.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My wife and I spent the first several years of living together and marriage with her earning substantially more than me; the only time we earned almost the same amount was when she was working half-days for a year while working on her masters. She's been at the same job for about a decade now and unfortunately there aren't really any promotions to get, so I've steadily passed her income wise. All it really means is I'm paying more of the bills now, because also our costs have gone way up due to having kids.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
drat owned

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So does Toad carry a Muramasa?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know Frakes is the more iconic host but anyone who enjoys or has fond memories of Beyond Belief needs to watch the first season with James Brolin. He's just so delighted at the reveals at the end.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Author was a MAN! ... With a ball!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The only worthwhile prog song is Heart of the Sunrise, and it opens and closes with the best parts.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In the future, if you have a batch of memes with some that are funny and also not about sexual abuse, and then others that are not funny and yes about sexual abuse, and then you post the first group and people say "please post more," please don't post the second group. You can say "no, these were the only funny ones" or "there were a few others but they were hosed up" or you could even lie and say "sorry, that's all there was."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Karate Bastard posted:

To clarify, I meant "update that post with a comment on what was removed ". Me I know full well what was removed, and good job, but to everyone who doesn't, the probe reason plus the post as it currently looks is not a good look.

That lack of adequate documentation could be a serious issue when the thread auditors show up, I hope they have a note to file about it back at SAHQ.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Geography was never my best subject, but I don't think that's what Pennsylvania looks like.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carbon dioxide posted:

ah yes thanks

It's a clip from the show 12 Monkeys where there's a fight scene set to 99 Luftballons. I believe the connection is that the gif has someone talking about how much they love Berlin, the city, but BDoPCP is making a joke about the band Berlin. Of note, the band Berlin did not play 99 Luftballons, nor were they even German, they're from LA.

BDoPCP, maybe go take a nap or something, your posting is a little free-jazz right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah it's alright dude I'm glad you're feeling better maybe?