Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I can't imagine that there isn't an emergency meeting of mcdonalds shareholders trying to figure out the Szechuan problem. Provided they can make the financial part of it add up, come September they'll be courting the hell out of people they normally don't get in the restaurants to try the chicken sauce. And officially, if asked about the connection to Rick and Morty, they'll say the show had no direct influence over their decision to return the sauce, but rather reaction from guests and customers over social media requesting the return of the sauce. It'll be the hot new thing for 2 months, and gone forever from once it came.how, 'Everyone would be better of with Rick out of their lives', an impossibility as with Rick out of everyone's lives there would be no show.

Disney has announced they'll be making a live action version of Mulan sometime soon and they'll be looking for corporate tie-ins ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cardboard Box posted:

also i just realized watching the episode a second time that rick says he lost his ability to improv because he left his years of improv lessons, among other things, in his old brain. somehow i completely missed that the first time and it cracked me up.

That's also why he keeps ducking out of situations using the same excuse of "I'm going to go take a poo poo," he can't improvise a different excuse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's a whole bunch of youtube videos that have long complex theories explaing poo poo like how Mr Poopy Butthole was real all the time or how Krombopulous Michael is still alive in some reality. A lot of them are about 10 minutes long, it's ridiculous.

Say Nothing posted:

Morty Rick.

Yeah, it's too tall to be a Rick Morty
https://pocketmortys.net/mortys/paper/146-rick-morty

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

El Jeffe posted:

Rick says a lot of things. The fact that young Beth is there (in the "origin story" part) means that at least some of it was from memory and not imagination. My thought is that most of that part was made-up, especially the formula, but his family dying really happened which set in motion his dimension-hopping years.

Here's another clue that the memory was totally made up: Rick never even lived in that house, he set the fake memory in a house he saw on TV:

It's Walter White's house from Breaking Bad

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Haaa, I keep noticing little background details. Fake memory Rick (who had come really close to inventing an entirely new method of travel, he just wasn't quite capable of completing it on his own) had a bunch of papers stuck up on the wall:

That sketch is Da Vinci's aerial screw:

Da Vinci had also come really close to inventing an entirely new method of travel but he never got it working.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Watching it back again, I figured the biggest hint that the memory was completely fabricated was the fact that it took place in 1998 and showed Beth as a toddler, which wouldn't line up with anything

Maybe it lines up with the alien version of counting age if Summer is now 47 so it was all part of Rick's plan to lull the bugs into a false sense of security? Or he didn't give a poo poo about the small details and just wanted to taste that sauce again, I dunno.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it turns out that Rick doesn't really give a poo poo about Morty and his family and just wants power within the family? Or was he just trying to hide his true feelings?

Rick has either been completely drunk or suffering MASSIVE withdrawals throughout every episode of the show so there's no way to tell if his ranting is genuine or just complete bullshit. Also he probably makes up a bunch of this stuff or massively exaggerates it because he enjoys loving with Morty. Also there's no way of knowing if he's the same Rick from episode to episode or an alternate universe Rick so what he says in one episode might not count in a different episode. Also a whole bunch of stuff he says is just throwaway 4th-wall-breaking jokes that the writers thought were funny and wasn't meant to be taken literally.

tl;dr: don't think about it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prefect posted:

The goofballs who post in here, I guess? :shrug:

:D

Oh boy here I go, shitposting again!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megaspel posted:

But I love thinking about it! My point was that if 1% of infinite ricks die, and 2% of infinite ricks want to jump universe, only 50% of infinite ricks will get to jump universes.

There's this puzzle thats pretty rad, maybe it disproves my theory but I am too lazy to think about it at this precise moment in infinite time.

Yeah Hilbert's paradox proves you wrong. If 1% of a countably infinite set of Ricks die and 2% of a countably infinite set of Ricks want to jump universe then they'll still have an infinite number of deadRick universes to go to.

Just say that the 1% of dead Ricks are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. and the jumping Ricks are number 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, etc.. Rick 1a goes to 1's universe, 1b goes to 2, 2a goes to 3, 2b goes to 4, 3a goes to 5, etc.. It doesn't matter that there's twice as many jumping Ricks as there are dead Ricks because there's still an infinite number of deadRick universes for them to jump into.

Therefore if Rick C-137 says there's only 3 or 4 more times he can jump into a deadRick universe that implies that he doesn't have access to infinite universes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elman posted:

All these seriousposts are way funnier if you read them in Rick's voice.

"Think of infinite Ricks like *burp* infinite prime numbers, Morty. It's easy to figure out if 3 is a prime number. It's a whole number, Morty, it can't be divided by *burp* 2."

"Actually, l-l-let me grab my white board. This has been a long time coming, anyway."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Glumslinger posted:

only a finite number of them were killed

Well, only a finite number that we witnessed. If there's infinite universes then those events were probably repeated infinite times (with incremental differences in many of them) so there were probably an infinite number of Ricks killed.

..... as well as an infinite number of Ricks not killed .....

..... as well as an infinite number of non-Cronenburged Jerrys killed ....

.... and so on and so forth :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

maskenfreiheit posted:

they made sure to slice darth maul in half and throw him down a pit to make it clear he's not coming back

i hope something similar happens to jerry

You want Jerry to come back with sweet robot legs and have a ton more adventures??

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

maskenfreiheit posted:

ok i hope they cut off his head slowly like he's nick berg is there a robot nick berg in star wars?!

Yes several. Some are robo-clones.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

People keep talking about how great the star wars cartoons are, but god drat do they look stupid.

The 2D animated series had a really strong design sense that had simple clean lines yet really pushed the caricature element:

The 3D series tried to keep a fairly similar design style and it just looked weird in 3D.

The recent Star Wars Rebels animated series dialed the caricature-ness way back.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zaphod42 posted:

The irony is that the 2D series was only a few very very short episodes, while the 3D series is like 6 ongoing seasons... :sigh:

They had yet another season all planned out but that got cancelled so they never got to finish it properly. Rebels is definitely ending next season because the show runner doesn't want a repeat of that experience.
Rebels is incredibly respectful to the feel of the original trilogy, even down to incorporating a whole bunch of Ralph McQuarrie's original character designs and concept art from way back when A New Hope was being developed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
People are starting to spot the Rickmobile out and about

https://twitter.com/CLSimon539/status/861294643958484995

Edit:
https://twitter.com/shadowvex/status/861304847890489344

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 9, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

scuba school sucks posted:

They ought to sell the one and only Meeseeks Box for ten billion dollars (cash only).

It's just sitting there, just grab it and run!

https://twitter.com/rickmobile/status/862703463154798592

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

We Know Catheters posted:

Little over $400 for one of everything...

They must be making a ton of money
https://twitter.com/ArielBrassil/status/862860002477953025

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

pooch516 posted:

SQUANCHY GROW FIGURE

Ew...

He squanches up to 9 inches!!

https://twitter.com/rickmobile/status/862745714132209664

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Funkmaster General posted:

Well I'd at least like to know what the tone of the movie is supposed to be, given that that has varied wildly throughout the series. I assume it isn't supposed to be a comedy.

Well it does star Danny McBride ...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Someone made a giant Butter Passing Robot for a robot fighting league and it was surprisingly effective! Sike, no it wasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1191UVOg

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jcPZljj48M

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Motherfucker posted:

just sell merchandise on the goddamn internet.

It's not a merchandising scheme, it's a promotional event. Making the products harder to get is the entire point.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
My theory is that the show creators don't give a poo poo about continuity and just make up funny stuff as they go along

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
2 weeks to go! poo poo's getting weirder!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ornXZGEFcds

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cojawfee posted:

I hope they don't even call it szechuan sauce. Reminds me of that Louis CK bit where he would buy cinnabon even if they made him ask for a "fat human being treat with hot cum." They should just call it a Rick and Morty Dipshit Dipper meal with sperg sauce.

Using the word 'Dipper' in any commercial product associated with Justin Roiland is a baaaaad idea.

'Dipshit' is fine though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Interview with the guy who does the music on the show, with Harmon doing recreations of the kinds of musical requests they've subjected him to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN61CU3njsE

Say Nothing posted:

People are quick at producing fan art.
And that was a great outfit.

Of course it's a great outfit, it's based on a wastelands classic:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trauma Tank posted:

In all this discussion about Summer's potential maybe future apocalypse bucket-wearing baby no one has asked the truly important question about Summer, which is whether that face tattoo is now a permanent detail that will recur forever like the cracks in the ground around the house.

Personally I hope so.

It doesn't appear in any of the other Summer scenes we saw in the season 3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAw6aXHzcY

prefect posted:

I would bet on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzoTb3R2asw

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ashpanash posted:

I like how if you follow the thread of this conversation, it leads to the realization that Pickle Rick is one of the dumbest plots I can possibly think of, and yet I can't wait for it.

So dumb plots be damned, really. Part of the joy of this show is taking dumb plots (Rick turns himself into a pickle) and mining them for concepts that are still valuable.

It's beautiful, it's like they dared themselves to come up with the dumbest most pointless episode hook they could think of and then run with it and make it badass

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Was that green rock at 1:06 the same green rock they got from Mad Max dimension?

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They're definitely leaning harder on continuity this season, which could lead some interesting places.

I just noticed that the U-To truck that Jerry is using to move all his stuff out of the house last episode is the same U-To truck they hired to move Rick into the retirement home all the way back in the pilot episode four years ago.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prefect posted:

I hope Jerry remembered to take his Titanic model and his framed photo of Doofus Rick. (He was keeping them in the garage.)

Oh he definitely had the Titanic on his mind, he was wearing the cap from the Titanic episode at the start of the episode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Are we actually getting Pickle Rick? I thought it was just some surreal trolling during the hiatus.

That'd actually be loving hilarious considering how many fans have already got Pickle Rick tattoos and made Pickle Rick cookie cutters and t-shirts and other unlicenced merch

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Can't wait for all the "Robo-Morty went back in time and became Evil Morty" theories to start up

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Also lol at summer just wanting to get high hahahaha

She just wants to get Rickitty wrecked. :smith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Summer's never taken any of that poo poo iirc.

Well, that we know of. She spent 3 weeks hanging out with Rick in Mad Max World and you know that securing quality recreational get-hosed-up juice would have been at the top of his list of priorities during most of that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo it must suck for Typical and mutata to read this thread. Although I guess they'd have pretty thick skin by now when it comes to random internet comments.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zaphod42 posted:

She was 17 to start with and is 18 now.

She's 47 in Federation years, in Galactic terms she's middleaged. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bust Rodd posted:

Can you imagine being enough of a small-brained ninny that you literally get mad when a show you like hires women to write for them? A show where half the cast are female and both main female characters are being pulled into more important, central roles? How utterly brokebrained and sad is your garbage life and your terrible views?

It's reeeeeal easy for certain people to see Rick as a libertarian/MRA role model. He don't give no fucks, he refuses to recognize any authority except himself, when the women in his life get messed up he just replaces them ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh shiiiit I shouldn't have mentioned MRAs or libertarianism. I really don't want to see a discussion about those here.

Pull up, thread, pull up!