Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm from the land of MAGA, so i'm kinda confused. It seems like the Tories are hosed, with May holding a poo poo deal no one wants and the EU unwilling to negotiate for whatever crazy demands they wanted. Why wouldn't the Tories go and pass off a poo poo situation to Labour, so that they can them blame anything that happens on Corbyn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So when is Theresa May going to annex Ireland to make the whole backstop issue moot?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

The actual dictionary definition of unit.

That is the absolute boy who always gets his dinner cow

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

First you brits are complaining that Brexit is going to make you starve. Now you're complaining you will be up to your waists in putrefied pig and dog poo poo.

Y'all are failing to realize those two problems combine to solve themselves. Just eat poo poo dudes

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Aw hell yeah let's make the kaiserreich mod become real life and make the queen flee to Canada and have the wobblies turn the UK syndicalist

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

lmao

https://twitter.com/uk_turning/status/1092016626059431938

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

hahaha i almost missed the twitter banner

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So, while both our countries are turning to absolute dog poo poo, we got way too many alt-right / neo nazi groups on our side of the Atlantic. Would you kindly just take Charlie Kirk and the entire TP org? I know it may seem like a lot to take on but Charlie's face is extremely tiny, so space shouldn't be a concern there.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ramc posted:

so you, uh, work from home, op?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

LMAO @ sabotaging the Tokyo deal already

Apparently this was the UK's position:

quote:

The differences of position, which the Hunt/Fox letter acknowledges as “challenging issues”, centre around Japan’s refusal to accept a simple “cut and paste” of the terms of the EU-Japan agreement ratified last year.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao what a piece of poo poo

Truly the most courageous thing a person could do is to say something like that and completely ignore it for personal and political gain

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A brilliant ploy by the Tories to use Lichtenstein and Switzerland as proxy countries to trade with the EU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

the problem with the private eye is that you read about corruption 2 years before anybody actually decides to investigate, its infuriating

Found a winner in the replies:

https://twitter.com/shiv5468/status/1098184978012229632?s=19

https://twitter.com/shiv5468/status/152918556831522816?s=19

https://twitter.com/shiv5468/status/1002427297973047296?s=19

https://twitter.com/shiv5468/status/1098187297202335746?s=19

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Who needs all of that poo poo when you can just survive on beans and the carcasses of your neighbors after they die of malnutrition?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I wonder how serious Theresa May is considering an invasion of Ireland as an alternative to the backstop

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

prefect posted:

Does the EU have any military force of its own? If the UK declares war on Ireland before they leave the EU, does the EU have to fight itself?

In normal circumstances I would presume that like NATO the other countries would stay neutral but lol

I'd expect Spain to claim Gibraltar, England Wales and Scotland partitioned by Germany and France, and Portugal conquering Canada just for shits and giggles

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

What does a minister of fisheries do, and why did the minister resign lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember that the British press is legally required to simmer down the spin and give all candidates equal airtime in the week leading up to a general election, iirc, and it's during that time that Corbyn's approval skyrocketed in the last one. The media goes through a ton of effort to silence leftists to prevent people from finding out their policies. (unless of course they're Fox News and have drank too much of their own kool-aid)

It may be that I'm a cynical American but laws only matter if your prosecuted for breaking them. What's stopping the media from breaking it to prop up another Tory government? Wouldn't the government just ignore it in that instance?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

At least this confirms once and for all that Brexit means Brexit and you have Gollum for a PM apparently.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Jose posted:

Lmao why the gently caress was the shop open

:capitalism:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

Land suitable for golf courses will be exchanged for food aid and an unlimited supply of Ivanka's clothing line

Lol if you think you'll just get trump clothes for free.

You will be charged top dollar for just the absolute best

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

dont be mean to me posted:

how is subjugating mostly poor and marginalized populations to American healthcare and food standards going to punish the Crown, the City and Canary Wharf

It seems to me that the hardcore group of people who want to leave desire a no deal Brexit for the ultimate goal of privatizing nearly everything and giving their speculating friends first dibs on all housing and businesses that have failed to kickstart an even worse wealth extractive economy.

They desire the chaos and loving the poor over because of the profits it gets them.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So when is Theresa May going to table the "Bercow is a big doodyhead and we don't need to listen to him" motion so she can have three more MVs?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Time for DUP to make a strong case in Parliament for an invasion of Ireland

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

tarbrush posted:

You’re right, but they are also the fourth biggest grouping of MPs, and the meeting is about a vote that will pass by single figure votes if it passes. Doing it without him would be counterproductive, however objectionable May and Corbyn find TIG

Isn't the TIG made up of 8 crybaby neoliberals that quit Labour over "antisemitism" then immediately made racist comments on launch day?

Why should they be invited to a discussion with party leaders when it's TIG, which is NOT EVEN A PARTY

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Does providing weapons and training to the IRA count as a trade deal?

Yeah, but that's a deal with a member state in the EU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Jose posted:

she probably doesn't care because the press are already blaming corbyn for it

It's an amazing rationale that the press are saying "Corbyn can meet with Hamas, a terrorist organization but not Chuka???" and then rehashing the wreath laying thing for five paragraphs, leaving the implication that the TIG are terrorists and Corbyn is a hypocrite for not meeting with them lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Agean90 posted:

I hope Trump betrays may and demands to negotiate directly with the queen

Lol of you think Trump would even talk to an woman older than he is

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Seems like even Boris Johnson is now backing May's deal?

Looks like May may get her May Brexit. Maybe

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

sssthe Mogginses and BoJos hass backsed my PRECCCIOUSSS deals

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lmao you guys really did it

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i wonder if the queen could dissolve parliament and call for new elections if anyone would protest or if the tories would go along with something that would make it not their fault and also make corbyn becoming pm not anyone's fault

Seems to me that would quickly lead to Lord Protector Rees-Mogg

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

tarbrush posted:

No, they passed the SI thing, guillotine now falls on the 12th.

Wasn't that still dependent on the presumption that Parliament would have a third MV on May's deal?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we dont have a monarchy

We do have an aristocracy tho

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I have no idea if that's good or not, but taking no-deal Brexit off the table means I get to delay a project at my job for a couple of years, hopefully until after I've gone to another job :v:

It's the equivalent of Parliament mandating that Theresa May ask the EU for a unicorn. She will certainly most likely go out and make the request, but given that Unicorns don't actually exist it's likely not to be something that can be accomplished

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PENIS

What did Randy Quaid do now?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

prefect posted:

Does that say hashtags are illegal? :swoon:

https://twitter.com/rosschawkins/status/1118093561558335493

Guess a corporation can register to be a party even after they missed the deadline to register?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

How is it that Labour is doing so bad in that poll?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Opferwurst posted:

The commission is nominated by the council and confirmed by parliament. If that counts as unelected then virtually the entire US federal government counts as unelected.

Those are appointments not elections OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Isn't "its like a proxy second referendum" just purely a self-serving lie by nigel farage and boris johnson and other brexiteers?

No, it means Brexit