Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spoeank posted:

I literally laughed out loud when I got a news alert CMike got cut

He tries really hard, he just can't cut it. Feel bad for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

spanky69 posted:

Only took them laying off 100 people to finally figure it out

Must have been one person in charge of it that kept it from happening. Now that he is gone the ff developers are going to make BIG CHANGES

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I got into a situation where people kept drafting rbs ahead of me and there wasn't anyone worth the pick, so now I have poo poo rbs and a bunch of wrs. My starting rbs are Crowell and Powell, starting WRs are jones, cooks, Tate.

Cmon Hue make Crowell shiiiine

I drafted ware in like the 10th in hopes of his injury only lasting half a year lol

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 27, 2017

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Well Hunter Henry, that was disappointing. Now I have to waiver claim Charles clay as an attempt to have a TE do something besides block... ugh

Also can't believe I won when I was down 40 with Rivers, Diggs, MN DS/T, and Henry left. Thank you fantasy gods.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

TUS posted:

Bumping this question because Im curious too, since I may have to adjust my bid. And as an Allen RObinson Guy, should I go after Kupp or Marqise Lee? 0.5 PPR league

I'm hanging on to him because we have super deep benches, but yikes. Definitely next on drop list if anyone good comes up

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Silly Burrito posted:

The guy playing had David Johnson. I see why he did it, it was just not the best drop he could've made, obviously.

I mean, yeah, if it was a mistake, take it back, but in context it's understandable. At which point do you as a commissioner say "No, that was a bad drop, take it back." and when do you let it stand?

The only argument I can think of is that whoever has waiver #1 gets a good receiver for nothing and could alter the balance of the league...maybe.

Which two wrs does he have better than cooper, top 3 even for flex + bye

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Silly Burrito posted:

Desean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Corey Coleman are the only three WRs he has now.

I understand that he wanted Ellington to replace DJ, but yeah, I wouldn't have dropped Cooper. Then again, this is the same guy who drafted Jordy Nelson that year he was hurt with his second round pick, then ended up winning the whole league. Fantasy is a fickle mistress. :shrug:

I'd drop any of them before cooper, feels like collusion or too stupid to play

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

A good bench should have lottery ticket RBs and reliable backup WRs. The lottery ticket RBs are for trading, starting when your lovely RB picks that you grabbed late because you went WR WR WR get hurt or benched, or cutting for your streaming QB/Defense/TE.

My lovely rbs and lottery tickets are all garbage lmao gently caress

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
My running backs fuckin suck, but somehow I managed to score 104 in spite of their 15 points and rivers 3 (!!), now I need Elliot and the cardinals D to combine for less than 22. Please be a high scoring through the air shootout

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Why did I drop Smallwood?? I swear every year I drop a player right before the starter gets hurt

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

89 posted:

What's up with Julio's back? I don't like hearing "back injury"

I'm thinking of putting Tate in over him this week...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

RisqueBarber posted:

I don't understand why you think he wins this trade.

The guy he's trading has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers but is starting Chris Carson at RB and Andre Ellington in his flex . He's in a 10 man league. Those players don't even start in 14 team leagues. He has absolutely no leverage, especially against someone starting Mariota. I wouldn't even trade Diggs or Martin separately for Aaron Rodgers. Why would you give an opponent, who in a 10 man league you'll probably play twice in, so much for so little?

Chris Carson is definitely starting in a 14 team league, poo poo he is starting in my 12

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Abugadu posted:

One guy in my 12-man has autodrafted two years in a row, and rarely makes any waiver moves.

He won last year, is currently 3rd this year.

Fantasy isn't some super hard ~gonna be the best~ game, it is basically random bullshit. You could read espn and win leagues easily, there just isn't that much you can do to give yourself an advantage.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Well, poo poo. Wentz and Ertz dropped 50 on me and I lost

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yeah Alex Collins, woulda had a TD if the ravens weren’t idiots and wasted a one yard line attempt on Allen

I trusted in the ravens/dolphins bs and it paid off! I made a good fantasy decision, wowow!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

MrSargent posted:

Ok so this isn't the first time I have seen ESPN gently caress up Defensive scoring and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Look at the Points Allowed by Miami. Any suggestions on what to do?

Espn stopped counting points scored by the other teams defense against the defense which wasn’t on the field

This is a good thing

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

the_american_dream posted:

I feel like people forget that Bridgewater is extremely average

Well case Keemun is extremely below average

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I needed 21 from Butker to win by 0.4 and welp, there it is I won by 0.4... I had written it off as a loss. Blessed be butker. So do I keep him or legatron...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

VietCampo posted:

I think i'm gonna be on this Woodhead ride this week, if Fournette doesn't play i'll be looking at starting Woodhead and Rod Smith. :suicide:

Friend, my starting running backs have been Powell, Crowell, Collins this season.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

Today is a good day

I got 11.2 points out of Jones, cooks, diggs... together

And j.cook went out after one catch for 9 yards

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spoeank posted:

Tired: Josh Gordon had 11 targets? Nice.

Wired: wait 4 catches on 11 targets what is Kizer doing

He'll be fine with all them ~air yards~. First game was a push on the start him or sit him out of the gate and it'll only get better from here.

Kizer is horrendous, luckily he is on the Browns so no one blinks an eye at how bad he is

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I’m playing Dede over Cooks this weekend, Godspeed you crazy-eyed Jaguar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

pubic works project posted:

This may be a dumb question, but oh well. So I commission a league at the private club I work at - myself and 13 of my members. It's an auction league and I brought up the possibility of making it keeper at the draft and was shot down. Now I've got about 5 of them expressing interest in making our league a keeper league. I'm not opposed to it and everyone has at least 1 person they can keep at a reasonable price so no one will really get the shaft.

Is it a good idea to bring this up to a league vote at our end of the season party? If everyone is okay with it, I want to make it as fair as possible. So I guess I'm really just looking for ideas...

Can’t start it this season imo. no keepers this year, but bring it up before the draft for the next year

• Locked thread