Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teemu Pokemon posted:

*all of your teams disappear off the dashboard once every two weeks*

ESPN's app keeps logging me out constantly. It's fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ben Nevis posted:

I drafted CMike last year, and you're right. He's a very good sleeper.

CMike was huge part of my team last year, but I managed to trade him for a total upgrade right before he fell off a cliff.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sataere posted:

Interesting. That is very different from a lot of the projections I saw. I can't fault him too much. He liked Treadwell as much as I did.

I feel like any ball-carrying NFL player named Treadwell gets an automatic ADP boost just from the name.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Azhais posted:

http://nesn.com/2017/05/this-espn-fantasy-football-scoring-change-could-greatly-affect-your-league/

ESPN is no longer going to count touchdowns given up by the offense against your DST.

About time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was going to say something about Larry Donnell having a 100% drop rate but then I saw the 75 minimum and also lol if you ever rostered him in fantasy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress yes gimme those advanced stats.

Also my "eye testing" of Gurley was limited to maybe a game and a half*, but I do remember commenting to my father "Imagine if he was on a good team."

*Also I don't know poo poo all about football, really.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Jordan Reed last three years

Games Missed: 11
Double Digit games: 10
Games with 5 points or fewer: 15

2016 ADP: 4.04
2017 ADP: 4.08

He has 7 concussions dating back to college

Just draft Tim Tebow if you want to waste your 4th rounder so bad drat

26 of 48 games he got you five points or fewer and 10 games he got you 10 or more lmao just lmao

Reed absolutely 100% was a big part of me winning my league 2 years ago. Which of course lead to me overvaluing him last year, so hopefully this year I can be more realistic :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

#staywoke

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Keith Atherton posted:

My league has no waiver wire because it would be "complicated" Someone just proposed adding a keeper spot to the upcoming draft

:geno: and :kingsley: so far

How the gently caress do people play any fantasy sport without waivers? You're massively tilting the league in favor of people who are constantly at a desk/on their phone checking transactions.

FAAB I can live without, but everybody dropping to FA immediately? Dumb.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
IDP? Draft Snacks :kheldragar:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

This is not in my opinion a good way to run a keeper league.

Yeah, you have to have inflation of some type or else it can get really, really imbalanced, really fast.

It also means you'll have a really hard time ever expanding the league/finding somebody to take over a team in case somebody drops out because all of the good players are already locked up forever.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spermy Smurf posted:

I agree with everyone else. Sterling Shepard might be a decent 3rd option if he has a good 2nd year, otherwise Stills might get my vote.

I was going to suggest Shepard, but you wouldn't be getting much value out of that keeper price, most likely.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also is a flat increase standard for folks? The only keeper league I play in is baseball, but we use a 25% increase over last year (rounded up.) A flat dollar increase seems like it doesn't let you really exploit value picks, while also not really punishing over-priced guys.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/892769133057658880

Godammit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Varg posted:

the month of ACL deaths has begun

Update says ankle but who knows.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is there a "Grade my Draft" aka Check out my sikk-2-deth team thread?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't like it. Reed's injury history is primarily concussions, Murray may not even be flex worthy, and in a 14 team league Henry is perfectly starter-worthy.

Reed practically won me my league in 2015 and I traded for him in 2016 and didn't necessarily regret it, but I am avoiding him entirely this year. His brain is pudding.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Drunk Nerds posted:

Best rbs, decent depth. Wrs are suspect but still serviceable, and you grabbed some developing talent. TE and QB are top 6.
I'd say you played the waiting game just right, considering you overpayed on bell and DJ by about $20. Overall, I'd give it an A-, 90/100

Getting Bell and Johnson and having more than $1 left for every other spot is a massive win in my book. God drat.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I still have one team to go, but I feel pretty good about my two teams so far.

and

The first one was auto-drafted because I got the date wrong. I'm gonna try to move Big Ben to one of the Yinz homers, but not sure if I want to shore up WR or RB more.

Second team I just outright feel good about. I pretty much have to play McFadden every week until Zeke is back, right? Also is Gurley gonna suck out loud again or what?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Matt Zerella posted:

Bucs-Phins cancelled. Might be moved to week 11.

Cool, love to sit Ajayi and Evans week 1.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Is it that bad? You get their bye out of the way at a time when the rest of your team is not on bye and when your bench is healthy. In Week 11, 4 other teams will be on bye and God knows who will be injured. I think it's almost preferable.

It just means I'm almost certainly gonna lose week 1 but yeah, I'm just being petulant.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wow, #1 overall in both leagues I actually manually drafted.

Here's my 3rd and final squad, half-PPR.

I uh, like this team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

12 teams?

Aside from rostering a second TE, that looks pretty good to me.

I guess it makes sense given Rudolph is questionable, but then you rostered another questionable TE, so maybe not. :shrug:

10-team, I kind of checked out at the end there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Yah that's not a very good 10 team draft. What's on the waiver wire?

Available RBs:

I think it's a pretty solid team. It's also a work league so it's not uber-competitive.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popero posted:

I have Kamara as my RB stash-and-see but those Lewis clips :eyepop:

I had Lewis for a few weeks last year but never knew when to play him. I guess that's the story of the Pats, eh?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrSargent posted:

Yep, I found this out pretty quickly. I could NEVER get above a C+ if I didn't draft a backup QB.

I got an A and A+ on two teams, neither of which have backup QBs.

The grading is dumb (my auto-drafted team got the lowest grade) but it isn't entirely dependent on a backup.

On the one team with a backup QB I have Big Ben and Phil Rivers, I want to try to trade one of them but I have no idea what they're worth.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have this Big Ben, and the manager of this team loves them some Steelers. Who should I ask for? (Phil Rivers is my backup.)

Could use RB and WR help, here's my roster.

(My team was auto-drafted.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

What do you need? I'd probably target Keenan.

I added my roster, but I was thinking about Keenan too.

Inspector_666 posted:

Could use RB and WR help, here's my roster.

(My team was auto-drafted.)

EDIT: This is my other work league, 12-team, non-PPR but again, not super-competitive so this doesn't need to be a "Squeeze every drop of value" out of the trade. Honestly making the other manager happy would be a nice bonus.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why does everyone think Keenan Allen will be good this year

Mainly he's just the only guy who I saw on that roster that jumped out at me, and I could use another guy to slot into the Flex spot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yeah, it's not great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Waiver claims in on Cohen in all three leagues, and I am fully committed to the idea that he is Jewish, even though he clearly crossed himself after the TD.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Under 70 points on three separate teams. Hell yeah I love fantasy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Those #1 overall Bell picks looking nice about now.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Absolutely this - he was on him like glue. Hoping that his production increases in the coming weeks!

The Giants defense is good even if they don't necessarily show it as a fantasy choice :shobon:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Nabbed Cohen in two leagues and picked up Golladay in the 3rd, so I feel like I got a lot done this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Varg posted:

the Giants are bad and are gonna be bad as long as the play calling is still gonna be bad

Giants had one good looking drive v Dallas, and it was the no-huddle one.

Will anybody learn anything from it? *shakes magic 8-ball*

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

on the bored wop posted:

Yeah, I really like them under Phillips and they did well for me week 1. The main reason I'd consider switching is looking ahead to JAX's fantasy playoffs schedule (which includes HOU and SF in weeks 15 and 16).

Would you all take the Rams over GB for the time being?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 15, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Keith Atherton posted:

I'm getting nervous about Cousins. Palmer and Rivers are available

My choices are:

Drop Cousins
Drop either Theo Riddick or Paul Richardson
Stay put with Cousins

And which of Rivers and Palmer would you prefer?

Yahoo 0 PPR 1QB 2WR 1RB TE 2FLX 4 bench spots

If you decide to dump Cousins, I would pick Rivers as the replacement. He seems to always be a consistent producer without much up or downside.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tiptoes posted:

I like the Rams more. Their matchup this week is better and they don't have any real "must avoid" matchups coming up. @DAL in week 4 maybe but that should be a low-scoring affair. And then Weeks 6-10 starts a juicy run with Jaguars->Cardinals->Giants->Texans in a row. Playoff schedule is not ideal though (PHI, @SEA, @TEN).

Cool. I'll worry about the playoffs later if I have to.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh cool somehow nobody picked Smallwood up on the wire, so I just nabbed him in case.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I know you're not supposed to have a Thursday game in your FLEX or whatever, but if I have Doug Martin there and my other RBs are Bell and Gurley, it doesn't matter, right?

I'm not going to end up sitting either of the other RBs no matter what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

:suicide:

I swear one of these weeks I will loving learn to stop doubting Adams' ability to score points even without A-A-Ron.

• Locked thread