Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Where the season eight spoilers at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Um there was cock shots in this show?? I don't remember.

You see Theon's dong in like season 1. Also that one dude who pees as an insult at Dany before Daario kills him.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Is wart dick the dude what shakes his at Cersei during the shame walk

There've been a handful of dongs in this show

Btw it's handful of dongs like a flock of seagulls, murder of crows, etc.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 9, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The only part of the Battle episode that was stupid to me was that Ramsay used his last shot to kill a dying giant while Jon was standing right there wide open.

Like Sansa didn't know for sure Littlefinger was coming, Jon wasn't thinking clearly after seeing Rickon killed, whatever, there's reasons for those gently caress ups.

Take the shot that matters more, Ramsay. That'd have been funnier.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Osha couldn't stop drooling at Hodor's giant cock.

I mean it was comically large and clearly not fake so

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Clearly? Can you describe your cock identifying credentials, in terms of both length or duration and width or breadth?

It looked size appropriate for a large man I guess? I dunno, what are yours, Number Ten Cocks

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Actually I think I remember the actor saying they used a prop.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtjU17fzN8

It's real in my heart

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Schizotek posted:

Yeah, Tywin spent most of his life on the lookout to obtain one, and offered ginormous globs of money and was never able to get one.

In the show doesn't he get Ice and melt it down for Jaime's sword and Widow's Wail?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

In the books the steel is not melted down because that would ruin it. And anyway swords aren't made by pourin molten steel into casts!

:smith:

That's how magic steel swords are made tho

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I remember in the show Jaime asking how he managed to have it reforged and Tywin saying they brought in the best smiths they could find in the whole world so at least they pay service to it being difficult

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Are those his real R names?

I never knew, and if so, I get why he keeps 'em as initials.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't get the whole Chinese thing in Deadwood. They make fun of people like with jew jokes and irish jokes and stuff but nothing you wouldn't hear on xbox live. But they segregate the chinese completely and don't want to be seen even interacting at all. If they hate them so much why do they let them live next door at all. And why is there a bunch of chinese people even in bumfuck north dakota to begin with.

Jews and Irish are still white people in racists' eyes. Chinese folks aren't.

Also they came to the West to make money just like everybody else.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I just started The Americans, it's not as good as GOT seasons 1 and 2 but better than any GOT after

Also confusing on who to root for

e: I stopped BSG after I couldn't get into season 2. Same thing with The Wire.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Is there going to be skipped weeks like usual or is it just going to be 8 straight weeks then we can be done with it

lol my dude they were saying 2019 a couple weeks back

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

SaviourX posted:

Hello my dudes that still care about this mess of a thing.
It's getting to be that time that show watchers are getting moistened up for the inevitable kooky titstravaganza that will be the show's end.

Which means time to dredge up fan-fiction like a motherfucker.
So I'll start by suggesting a now dated little goodie to add to the Recommended Reading list.

A Song Of Pulp And Fiction

Featuring such gems as:

and

Leaf through it, pass it around, you know you have nothing to do for the next two weeks!

What, no

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Can anybody explain to me why anybody is still personally invested in this show?

I'm down for a fantasy league, whatever that means. Even Gendry has the odds over the loving Jets.

I just want the ending, which should be posted ITT in the next 9ish months

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

maniacripper posted:

The show isn't that bad.

Nah it just has the same problem as the books: the beginning was so loving good and it did not stay that way (though as far as the books are concerned ADWD was genuinely Bad)

The latest season was an improvement over the previous, but the series as a whole peaked before the halfway point.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Galvanik posted:

I just read the threads and watch the highlights on youtube to find out what happens.

:same:

but then I buy the blu rays because I hate money

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

benzine posted:

Or his wolves.

Tell me he owns wolves

Also tell me one day that he is eaten by them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lycus posted:

No one cares what extras think.

Assuming he came up with this while writing ASoS and not recently, can the Gurm explain why fire wights die conventionally while ice wights keep moving until you burn them?

He came up with it during the conversation in which he said it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Everybody knows that people are like batteries, if they're about to die, just shove 'em in the freezer to get a little more out of them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Anybody that says Sons of Anarchy had a pretty good third season is wrong and should feel bad

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I wouldn't hate it if Ron Perlman showed up in GoT, tbh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Harton posted:

I based my "never gonna watch sons of anarchy" opinion on the douche nozzles that wear the clothing and talk about the show. I always assumed if they like it that much I would obviously hate it.

That probably makes me a bit of a douche myself but oh well. I don't think I missed anything.

I remember enjoying the first two seasons. The third was crap, and the fourth was enjoyable again because of a guest star from Deadwood (those two shows had a lot in common wrt actors, which may be one reason why I liked SoA) and then it was a downward spiral. The penultimate season was so bad I stopped watching and just read recaps of the last season to see how it ended. Kinda like what I'm doing for GoT ITT, except this show pulled itself out of the trash for the latest season, though it's still far removed from when it was actually Really Good.

SoA is also interesting in seeing just how badly Charlie Hunnam's accent was ruined. He went bizarrely mush-mouthed after years of bending his English accent around Californian gangster.

It was never high art or whatever, but fun.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The entire world of Westeros and all other countries are actually just a small set of islands off the coast of modern day Australia

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I hope the ice dragon in the finale eats ed sheeran and every goon ITT including me

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Harton posted:

Can't you just screenshot your phone and save the titty pics? This is important information for research purposes.

Sorry everybody, I really don't have anything better to do right now.

Buddy if you have your phone on you, there's tons of free tittys on the internet, they're all over the place

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

how do you think they bring it down - giant zombies , or the night king doing something ?

He ties Samwell Tarly to a stake and then grabs it when it eats him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

skasion posted:

Gendry doesn't have any real claim to the throne. He's the low born bastard of four kings ago, like two people in the world know that, and he doesn't want to rule. As hilarious as it is that the writers forgot him on the boat, he is basically irrelevant to the plot and the only reason they would bring him back is if they want to do something else with king's blood magic.

Nah him and Arya are gonna totes be friends/married and live happily ever after

Or a Faceless Man will use Gendry's face to get close to and cut down Arya for leaving them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

You want a free girl but you need the slave pussy

Yikes

Now I kinda wanna see this show

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bronn out of nowhere stabbing Euron from behind, grabbing Bad Pussy and then rope swinging onto an adjacent ship and running off into the sunset would be a fine ending to his storylinethe entire show

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ambivalent posted:

It does though, transitions from Grey Worm going down on Missandei to the Maester blindly feeling around in between the books on a bookshelf.

Lol ok that's pretty good

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Caros posted:

She can probably also justify it to herself that the God wipes their memories of paradise, or that they end up in purgatory since it wasn't their time yet etc.

A zealot of any sort will twist themselves into knots before admitting a mistake.

She literally brought a dude back to life, I'm not sure she's made much of a mistake. She was never like "Aha, you've been to the ethereal realm of ever joy yes?" she was just like "yoooo what did you see, did you see god, was it cool?" if I'm remembering the scene correctly. She seemed to just assume something was there, but didn't have a specific idea.

She also asked Beric that, and was kinda surprised at his answer. Like, she wants an afterlife, but she also sees the future, convinces people she's a hot young lady and raises the dead.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

Theyve already shown that wights can crawl on the ceiling Aliens style so why dont they just climb the wall like the wildlings do? The night king is slower than Dany with his invasion.

It's implied that the wall keeps them out by magic rather than just being a big wall

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Huzanko posted:

This show has become so loving stupid. The fat man was good after all, I guess. Huh.

They're both bad actually

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Maybe shoulda made room on one of the boats for the champion gladiator who ran a mercenary company.

But who's gonna bang Jon Snow with Daario around huh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TK-42-1 posted:

No poo poo. It was a question relating to why the dothraki all followed her. I was just curious if they ever mentioned it again.

She burned all of their leaders and walked out of the inferno unhurt

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Not only are the last books going to come out, they are going to be good.

The last good one was released 17 years ago

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

IncendiaC posted:

I get what the director/fight coordinator were trying to convey during the sparring scene, but turning Brienne into a stereotypical slow "HULK SMASH" brute felt like a cheap way of doing it since we know she's way more skilled than that.

She already had the slobberknocker with The Hound, and in no universe should she or anybody in armor be as fast as Arya, though

She should be hulk smashing in fights

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I would be happy if they pulled a wild misdirection and had her abdocate and live a humble life with Jaime for the sake of her incest baby just so this pap isn't entirely paint-by-numbers.

She miscarries soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Hey here's a dumb question

If they're doing The Dragon Has Three Heads who is the third? The NK since he's got a dragon now? Will Wight Dragon shoot fire or ice?

• Locked thread