Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Getting rid of the electoral college and gerrymandering are the 2 most obvious ways of fixing your system, but it would take a massive amount of resources and luck to actually push through right?

Getting rid of the Electoral College would require a constitutional amendment. And a constitutional amendment requires 2/3 of the legislature and 3/4 of the states to approve it. Getting the people who benefit most from the system to overwhelmingly approve dis-empowering themselves would take a miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So after five months of president Trump, special elections in "safe" Republican voting congressional districts are now closely contested. You guys really think that another year and a half of Trump gently caress ups aren't going to push things further in the Democrats' favor?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Celexi posted:

but did he adopt russians???

I think it was the other way around.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

JailTrump posted:

He's making millions off all his cronyism with his hotels and foreign powers why the gently caress does he need them to pay for it?

What the gently caress are we missing?

I don't think you understand the mentality of massively greedy shitheads.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Secret Agent X23 posted:

I would love for Trump Tower to get asset-seized, auctioned off, and sold to Mark Cuban, who would promptly rename it the Jill Harth Building.

I would prefer it gets turned into housing for refugee families.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Given today's news, a new one needs to be made with a scene from the third movie.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So this is at least the third time that everyone in this thread has been convinced that World War 3 was starting in a matter of hours. I'm sure it'll happen this time.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Covok posted:

I am a loving retard.

You know, I had a feeling that might be what they meant, but ignored it like an idiot.

I thought you were making a joke about the Ryugyong Hotel and Trump Hotels both being ugly rear end.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Spiffster posted:

I look away from this thread for one day... ONE DAY :suspense:

At least the thread is more pleasant to read today than it was during yesterday's Democratic party purity test arguments.

Here's my prediction: nothing is going to happen. Trump is just replying to North Korea in his usual fashion of clueless bluster; he doesn't have the guts or the attention span to actually start a war. I guarantee that there will be a dozen more statements like this during his presidency, each one being smaller news than the last, as the world acclimates itself to the fact that the president of the United States talks like this, but is always full of poo poo when it comes to following through.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
While it's great that everyone can now empathize with how right wing gun nuts felt during the Obama administration, the sudden clamoring for guns still feels very premature.

Trump's support is collapsing faster than the Durham confederate monument and the general public is now aware of and pissed off at the vastly outnumbered white supremacist garbage that has crawled into the spotlight.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ularg posted:

I think it's premature to think this will be Trumps downfall. We're still in the hosed-up "Honeymoon" period of this controversy. There's still time for the public and all officials to just magically stop caring.

It's very unlikely that this incident alone will be his downfall, but it's still a significant addition to the ever growing pile of fuckups that he's been accumulating. Republican politicians are continuing to distance themselves from him, and his approval ratings are in the toilet. A sudden downfall would be best, but a continual weakening of his administration is still a very good thing, and makes impeachment or electoral losses much more likely in the future.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

Wait, that's his legal name?

e- It is. This nerdlet names himself after duke nukem. And then becomes a nazi? wh-

John St. John should publicly insult him in character.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

You guys got it all wrong. Pence got hosed BY a horse. That's completely different.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

I thought this was the most terrifying thing in the world, according to Reagan?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Weren't there also false rumors of similar things during Katrina? 99% chance it's all bullshit.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

zenguitarman posted:

Does Draining The Swamp count if you fill the swamp yourself and then drain it? I'm still unclear how to MAGA the right way

The swamp has been replaced by an open air sewer.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I wonder how the country will react to the first cop to kill an ICE agent when both were in the line of duty.

California's politicians mostly hate Trump, but that doesn't mean that the average cop feels the same way.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I am certain that the USA will survive Trump, but his election and administration will leave a precedent of idiocy, incompetence, and corruption that will weaken the country for years to come. My hope is that people start realizing that they were taking having a functioning government for granted once they see the effects of it being sabotaged, but the morons will probably just double down on the bullshit that got us into this mess in the first place.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Chard posted:

I'm kind of amazed that people keep putting themselves in these situations, where their claims can be checked so easily. What is it about lying in that way that attracts people? It only 'matters' if people believe your claims and it's so easily disproven, I just don't get it.

If you're humble enough to make a believable lie like "I guarded a warehouse, never fired my gun in combat, and got a purple heart when a mortar strike made a box fall on my foot" then you're not the type of person who would bother with the deception in the first place.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump hasn’t actually fired anyone.

Still, tomorrow is Saturday...

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Pander posted:

From their own perspective? Praising Hillary Clinton.

From an objective perspective, not much. Just what the other goons mention.

I think a video of him saying how he secretly supports abortion rights and loves planned parenthood would sink him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If you all haven't gotten used to Trump'ss empty bluster by now, you should log off and get therapy. Kim Jong Un is interested in staying in power, not committing suicide, and Trump lacks the spine and attention span needed to actually start a war.

• Locked thread