Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Koalas March posted:

Because whenever representation is brought up someone almost always comes out of the woodwork to shut it down or bitch at me about why I care.

Representation is important, full stop. I'm glad it seems like the movie is good on that.

What I've heard is Finn's storyline was pointless and he was unnecessarily physically brutalized by space Nazis. If that's not the case I'm ecstatic. But I mean in that context, of course I'd be unhappy with it.

Mild spoilers, but still His storyline ended up not mattering to the outcome, but it was still a very core part of the film. He basically just got hosed over because the Empire actually decided to have a basic modicum of security on their god damned flag ship for once. He still had a lot of great scenes, both action and comedy. And he definitely came off better than Poe because more than anything, TLJ was 2 and half hours of just making GBS threads on him for trying to look heroic instead of actually thinking.

Also, Rey does some cool stuff and learns that there is a lot more to being a good person than just achieving the title of Jedi

Edit: Trump Thread II: Star Wars chat, itt

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
In non-Star Wars news
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/943988292067954688

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Moatman posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/943934097088499714 This is hell. We live in hell. We all died and didn't notice it.

I mean, Dr Frankenstein was both completely reckless in his actions, and then spent forever trying to avoid having to pay the price for his actions until he gives in and dooms the world (at least if I'm remembering the book correctly, and I'm probably not)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jesus, this is so hosed up

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I mean, a decade ago, it seemed like every young loud jackass was libertarian who completely missed the point of Bioshock

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mantis42 posted:

I work at Dollar General. Half of our customers are on food stamps and basically all our employees are. This is a predominantly white suburb in a red state. loving with food stamps wouldn't be something you could just sweep under the rug.

They'll just blame "those people" for abusing the system and wrecking it for hardworking folks like them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has California even stopped being on fire yet? or has that slipped out of the public consciousness already?

It's mostly put out

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Google Butt posted:

destroy the planet to own the survivors

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:lol:

This thread sometimes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God this is more insufferable than mountain chat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/946807418809233408

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ought ten posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/947235015343202304

Might be my favorite so far. Please ignore the previous decade of compulsive tweeting. What set this off?
Lol, i think thats the funniest lie in a while, that he doesn't like twitter

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.newsweek.com/ryan-zinke-interior-department-helicopters-wildfires-757857

holy poo poo if he actualy goes through with it. funk zinke and pruit.

Please stop misappropriating firefighting funds while the largest state in the country is having its largest fire in recorded history

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Most populous, then

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Post your 2018 trump predictions.

He's gonna write a another bunch of really dumb loving tweets

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
The big question is will he go out and campaign and whether the candidates actually want him to do so?

I could easily him trying to throw a billion rallies next year since its only in his life that he enjoys besides lying about his golf score.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chadderbox posted:

According to my two Puerto Rican coworkers with family still there, no it's not. The situation is somewhat stabilized but something like half the island is in the planning or execution stages of moving to the mainland because they have no faith in the federal government to address the issues on the island.

What states are they primarily moving to? Besides Florida, obviously

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Willo567 posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...y-a8136276.html

I don't know why people are making such a big loving deal about this. Everyone claims its breaking news, but it's the same old horse poo poo we've heard time and time again

Because Kim and Trump believe in the same theory of PR

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Happy new years east coast goons

May next year suck much less

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/peg_mclaugh/status/947941599681662976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bottom Liner posted:

What are you talking about? What is the context for the image you're replying to?

Blue states are investigating options so taxes don't go up for their residents while still maintaining full funding, while also giving the finger to the feds

One of the options is literally switching to more corporate taxes over income tax, but that is still to regressive for some in this thread I guess

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

TheNewt posted:

You literally have no clue what minorities in this country are going through and you are sitting around having orgasms because someone who makes 500k has to pay a bit more in taxes.

Seriously gently caress off with that poo poo.

And its not like those extra taxes are going to actually help anyone, its just paying for a tax cut for those even richer assholes. Tax raises need to be used to help the people on the bottom, not on the top.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
When people can deduct local property taxes from their federal, they're gonna be more likely to vote for bonds and props that raise their property tax to fund it. Without that, thee funding sources are going to be lost

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

VitalSigns posted:

Then let's raise state taxes and build affordable housing in those areas, rather than give the top 1% more tax breaks that will only be used to bid up property prices in those areas of restricted supply, what do you think about that? We have plenty of room to do that because the feds just gave corporations a huge handout and we can take from that.

That would help the techies, and the people working service jobs in tech hubs who don't have $500k salaries but still have to survive somehow.

I think we all agree on this

We need to do poo poo to fix the situation in many cities, rising rents, rising house costs, worse traffic from everyone being forced to live further from where they work, etc

We have a lot of inter-related issues that need to be fixed, without getting into obvious things like UHC, and the last thing we should be using tax dollars for is to pay for corporate tax cuts and estate tax cuts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Wark Say posted:

Only if said anime is either Log Horizon or Spice & Wolf.

The US tax situation, as explained by Kill La Kill

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Office Pig posted:

Well they also refused to investigate that oh so mysterious murder of that one Baltimore cop who was preparing to serve as a witness (for ‘reasons’) so yes I would safely wager FBI bad.

I thought it was the locals refused to let the FBI in

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/hiltzikm/status/948254917340172293

A good reminder to everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Sigh

I was hoping Trump had forgotten to send that tweet since it took so long

• Locked thread