Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Sloober posted:

gently caress yeah! You ride that rocketship to state fiscal crisis wisconsin!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/868158321542533120

How are their schools currently funded?

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I just attended a meeting for a dual immersion school program for my kids. Any chance Trump or Devos will gently caress this up?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Sloober posted:

They've already explained away the temperature rise by saying it's a natural cyclical thing and its all totally OK.

Naturally accelerated by humans.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
edit

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Wark Say posted:

Serves what I know.

e: DOG TAX!

Audit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqS-jQwi_Ok

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Chilichimp posted:

"Real winners don't use drugs."

Champions do?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait for the side by side comparison of Poppy pre Obamacare, Obamacare, and post Obamacare. OBAMAAAAAAAA.

She's going to lose her insurance due to pre existing condition, right?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It would be a TUMS FESTIVAL!

I too, watch RLM.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

As much as I hate this emote, I actually enjoyed this one.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

No Butt Stuff posted:

So either they're contributing to that 91% or they've just admitted how little content they actually contribute to the news cycle.

Monday at the gym fox had "violent antifa thugs, and "shut up, hillary" coverage. No trump stuff.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Is this worth the read, because it has some heft to it. I'm still blown away that buzzfeed is doing actual journalism.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's pretty funny/terrifying and confirms a lot of things that people already suspected.

Buzzfeed has actually done some very good original journalism recently. They hired a bunch of veteran political reporters in 2014 and they put out 3 or 4 really good original investigative pieces a year. It just feels like they never do because it only happens once every 3 or 4 months and "lol Buzzfeed."

Thanks. Man yeah I tell people this and they do go "lul."
I emailed it to myself for when I get home.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Stop calling licorice "black licorice". It's just called licorice. The other poo poo is called Red Vines or Twizzlers.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

So how many antifa beheadings today so far?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

gently caress this person. I was fondled by my male babysitter when I was five. I'm a 38 year old male and this is the first time I've ever said anything.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Adequate posted:

Hey. You may not want this to become a big thing in this thread, but I wanted to say, as someone who was also abused as a boy by an older man, that it takes a lot to say it, even in so anonymized a location as this place. I won't hit you with shitloads of pep talk, just to say you done good to make it for three decades with this weight, and I hope you've found and continue to find a way to not let it have too big an influence over you.

It feels like the act happened to someone else most of the time. My day to day life is normal but since people are mocking the #metoo people and others saying "why did it take so long?" Those things bring me closer to those moments I mostly forgot or buried within. It enrages me.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Enkmar posted:

Can you please just loving live closer to your work

No problem, I'll just move to orange county, cost of living is no factor, should be no problem. Also shut up.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Is our internet still neutral so I can keep up with all of this poo poo show?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

evilweasel posted:

for another few weeks

Setting my clock.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Ugh. I have a friend that is hoping this tax plan passes. He works for a company that will see 750k more. He thinks he will get a bonus. There is also profit sharing. Would you even get any of that on a profit sharing? He also only saw how good his personal taxes would be for the first year.

I went on a bit of a rant on the actual long term hit to his check as well as my check, told him how hosed I was going to be because my kids are on medical and a few other points. But hey, he *might* get a bonus and all.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bhaal posted:

All else being equal his company's tax burden will be 750k lighter which means extra money to use, but not necessarily "profit" as he's thinking of it.

Profit sharing as an employment bonus usually means operational profit which is to say in simple terms: the revenue from the sale minus the cost of what it took to make the sale happen. The 750k tax break don't figure in, that comes later and is when the company finds itself with a larger net profit (actual money left over after all business obligations) that the company can then do whatever it wants with.

He wouldn't see a dime of it, unless you wanted to subscribe to a supply-side argument that the company grows faster with the extra 750k and can do more business down the road and then he'll see more profit sharing $$ in his check.

Thanks. And I did tell him he wont see a loving dime.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Gosh darn it, I have work tomorrow so I can't get drunk tonight. Guess I'll just eat ice cream instead! :D

2018 is looking up~

Didnt stop me. But living in a weed state i smoked the gently caress out of some poo poo to reduce swelling and the possibility of a hangover.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Just move further from your job. Easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I think there's also a lot of folks who are woefully misinformed about monthly amounts a person can receive.

In some cases it's less than $20

It's hillarously low. I have a friend who was going through a rough time. I let him stay on my couch for a month. He got a better job but was still catching up when i brought him in. he still had to use the stamps. Well, he had to owe 1000 back because he made slightly more. The whole thing is hosed.

• Locked thread