Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I love and hate this game, but when it hits, it really hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPfSOoCCVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The swedish tree is fun as hell, you get APDS on the first tanks in the line-up once you get some research done, or you can just grab the 250ge tank, it's a really under-tiered little fucker despite it's 1.0BR, I've accidentally brought it into Tier 3 fights and managed well (as long as I don't get spotted).

Perestroika posted:

In contrast, the various tank destroyers (Pvkv) usually ranged from barely serviceable to outright poo poo, and can probably be skipped. The main exceptions are the Sav m/43 (1964) and Ikv 103, which are at least occasionally funny due to having a nice big 105mm.

I love the Pvkv II, though. Little wobble-head 75mm trundling along and poking up hills to lob pain at things.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Also, it's already been mentioned but: the 3.5s reload on the m/42-DT is a wonder to behold, at a 5.0 rating you can get away with some real poo poo coupled with nearly 150mm penning APCBC filled with 110g of TNT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxL-EzgIaXA

edit: It also treats destructible terrain as suggestions, nothing slows it down except actual buildings.

Keru fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 24, 2023

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Today I learned something new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYBmnEtVoQ

The J21's can kill their own engine by dropping a bomb and leveling out too quickly.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

It certainly explains why the 1000lb bomb on the J21-A3 is mounted on a really low pylon.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I love the LVKV-42. It's the best AA gun.

I just sat on the point and let the whole enemy team come trundling into view.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Sometimes you want to feel the speed and the best way to do that is to smash into a sanddune because you're at 15 meters above sea level going 450 km/h.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

lmao, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KI3frs28I

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Genuinely thought at most we'd get a minor rebalance to SL gain or repair cost, not a whole wad of good stuff.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I mean the m18 GMC is an open-top with real thin armour, right? Shrapnel from HE does go a fair bit, it's how I got an ASU that snuck in under the barrel depression of my tank once and I had just enough time to load HE and shoot the corner of the building I was next to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFESnIJoGOs

To be fair, this was super-close to me and ASU's have the armour of a bush, but still.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

It's not just your pilot being fatigued from pulling a bunch of high-G manouvers? Stamina is the crew skill that's responsible for how well your crew can stay in fighting shape through manouvers and combat.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Just use an AAA gun, problem solved imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAqtP0DZ4yM

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Farecoal posted:

I killed a stray enemy Yak at high altitude and started diving to go after other planes. A few seconds later I was pilot sniped and I watched the Yak plummet past me, spewing flames. I couldn't even be mad.

It's always Yaks for some reason, just instantly domed out of the cockpit.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Replace all the ingame sounds with the ones from the old '1942' arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em7UwOOBvlA

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I mean, I've pulled off shots like that, and an experienced player in an AA isn't going to just fire all their ammo in one go, and there's definitely a skill to accurately gauging long-range shots, even in a tank. It sucks when it happens, but I wouldn't immediately leap to 'hackers', unless I check the replay (and even then the replay in Warthunder is kinda dodgy in how well it replicates points-of-views that aren't your own.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Farecoal posted:

Remember when it used to be like 3.3

I can only imagine how salty that made players...

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I will stand by the stupid-powerful 40mm AA's, they can absolutely do the work, it's just a different attitude you need to adopt. My favorite trick is to pretend I don't see a plane, take potshots at something on the ground to lure them into a dive, then re-focus and blast it out of the sky. You can also pretend to be reloading by firing off a short burst and then just not do anything while they line up for a dive on the 'reloading AA'.

For a bonus, the 40mm guns have enough range that you could theoretically smack a Pe8 at high altitude, but that's a lot of luck involved in actually hitting it at that range, imo.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

marxismftw posted:

gently caress the haters. CAS owns. Get gud scrubs.

Agreed, love doing counter-CAS in a plane as well. "Oh, you're trying to bomb my team? have a surprise dive, nerd."

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Lmao some idiot leaked the Eurofighter Typhoon DA.7 manual. It just keeps happening.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Farecoal posted:

Missiles are dishonorable and cowardly

Head to Head collisions only, as Masamune envisioned it, yes

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I had the rare chance of pulling off a 'Watch the birdie!' today against a japanese B6N2.

It was extremely rad.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

MrYenko posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm digging the wind effects on trees.

I just had a game in Karelia with the wind in full effect and yeah, it really does make it so much better.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

The Bkan 1c is really situational, it's biggest drawbacks is the very limited ammo (so you're almost forced to camp a cap point), it's low mobility, the lack of depression and of course the fact that it's a giant weakpoint unless you angle the cannon up so the autoloader is buried behind you.

But when it hits, it really hits.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

When things go right with the Bkan, the matches are so insanely fun. It's also weirdly Sweden's first decent AA vehicle. Their sub-7.0 AA are all fun as semi-auto Tank Destroyers, but I can just not make them work as AA.

So far, Sweden has been my favorite GF grind. I've only run into one or two vehicles that haven't been a blast to play.

Sounds like you need to try the swedish AA-shortbus: PBV-301

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

and I thought I got toxic after being shot out of my tank before I could react. How'd you swing that?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Now to figure out a way to celebrate Kissinger being dead with decals.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I had no idea this game had secondary detonations. Anyway does anyone know of a free/cheap easy to use program like Photos or Clipchamp that doesnt limit the output to 30fps?

I just use OBStudio and the replay function ingame to record stuff I think was neat or fun. It's a lot of stuff to setup, but there's decent guides for it out there to get a decent quality (like 1080p/60fps) for recording without losing too much quality.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I can never get the hang of rocket drop to eyeball it correctly while doing CAS, I always end up hitting the general vicinity, even with a maxed out pilot.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I got the murderbus today and it's been everything I wanted it to be, so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8F-VbphCcE

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I managed to rope-a-dope a Mig-15 into lawndarting into a mountain today, then (because I'm a stupid idiot who crowed about it in /all) I immediately after did the same thing. I love this dumb game sometimes.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Goddamn the Pvkv IV really is a miserable vehicle. I don't know why I wasted the money training a crew into it.

That's the one with the world's slowest turret slew, right?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Are the pillows supposed to appear instantly? I've clicked all those links, redeemed, and gotten to the SUCCESS page but NO PILLOWS

It can take a day sometimes, but they should pop up. Gonna slap mine on like ERA.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

They should let you put anime pillows on each individual propeller blade.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqBmXquTOs

It's time for yet another 'why couldnt' this just be the game' april fools.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I thought it was the changing weather from clear to duststorm that they were testing, which is such a great touch to the map. I love seeing the haboob just roll in like that.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

wow they sure seem to run into nonstop hackers :allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Kesper North posted:

Getting accused of hacking by that guy is a rite of passage for us top-tier Air AB folks, I am kinda chuffed rn :3

He went by "VPOHAX" for a long time, seems to be absolutely obsessed with trying to prove that the top AB squads are cheating/hacking (with videos that actually show well-known bugs in the replay system).

yeah, all I could see in that video was just normal Replay behavior, lmao.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I always thought it was "were you there the whole match and also doing stuff?" as a measurement, but I never really looked close at it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Madurai posted:

It's still usable as a point-getter until the Hellcat shows up, and after that there's never a shortage of sports cars for Italy.

I love the R3 poo poo, it steers like a brick shithouse at high speed, but it's so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

The shark skin makes it go faster, but there should be a lancia martini skin option too.

Been messing around with the amx-10m, who thought a pixel accurate 500m/s atgm was okay at 7.3? Obviously very map dependent but you can get consistent first shot hits (and often kills) at 600-1000 meters which most vehicles at 7.3 can’t quickly respond to unless they are already ranged in. Also it has no fuse delay and doesn’t need you to be stationary so you can win a surprising amount of point blank encounters.

I'm pretty sure you can find one on WTLive, I know I've seen some streamer playing r3's with the lancia racing colors on.

ah, found it:

I like the flag on the ammo box, I'm sure that drives the average War Thunder player insane.

Keru fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 20, 2024