Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Xbox and Switch Minecrafts are the bedrock version and they can only connect to Realms (rented servers) or the featured free realms out of the box. Could also connect to friends/peers.

There is a way to gently caress around with DNS settings to connect to a dedicated server but I never tried, you'd have to Google around for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm looking to upgrade my xbonex to a series x.
Does anyone have a link to that ATRStonks discord? (or is there a better way of getting a non price gouged one?)

I used NerdSpeak discord to get mine, not sure if it's the same thing since they rebranded recently - https://discord.gg/nXkfHNXb

I ended up getting a bundle since those stay online slightly longer than non-bundles but it was retail price for everything, not gouged.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Game pass is so good

Adun posted:

When is Yakuza 7 out on Gamepass?

I'm seeing it right now

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

otter posted:

speaking of TVs... My buddy who is bad at money just bought an LG I think it's an A1 OLED and it looks... wow.
So my wife sees this tv and goes, "we need a bigger tv in the family room". So now she has me shopping for TVs in the 75" range. What should I be looking towards that's going to look great, but at the same time I really don't want to spend the $4k he spent.

I'm no TV expert but if you're thinking big OLED it's probably going to be up there in that price range. You'll want to make sure you have HDMI 2.1 which should be pretty standard on most new TVs and allows 4k @ 120fps.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Petition for them to put Legend of Mana on Gamepass in two days so that I don't have to spend $30 on it again, but I totally will.

I'm happy to see a few of the gaps in the Bethesda catalog filled. It thought it was super odd that Fallout 3 and DOOM (2016) were missing, for example.

Fallout 3 is on there now but yea I've been waiting for Doom 2016 for a while.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I was looking for wireless headphones that would work on both consoles and it sounded like the Steelseries 7X was the best one to cover both, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

If you have discord open throughout the day there are notification servers, I used NerdSpeak to get mine https://discord.gg/XP7xXcrV

You still have to be quick but it gives you a better chance. The console bundle (controller/game/gift card) sales usually last a little longer but then you're most likely buying a game you didn't really want, although you can resell it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

American McGay posted:

90% of my time spent playing FH4 is just driving my super souped out Land Rover SUV back and forth around the windmill area trying to rack up a 2 million point combo, and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Same except for a lamborghini in the hilly beach area

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I think PC has a data cap feature and you can turn off real time clouds and stuff but I've heard it's like a gig an hour. You can also download the high-fidelity assets for areas you may frequent more often. Not sure if that's in the console version though.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

vlad3217 posted:

Anyone else's first flight get stuck about halfway through loading? Is this just a server load issue or first time loading stuff?

I kept getting stuck in the menus, I think the servers are screaming right now.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

I wish I could type in an address I can fly to

If you know the latitude/longitude the PC version let you input those and start in the air at that point, it might be the textbox under departure airport but the menus aren't working for me to check.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

xCloud is pretty nice for knocking out some of the game pass quests where you're supposed to check out random games, I'm not sure if they're the same for everyone but here's what I was able to do fairly quickly:

GTAV - Steal 5 cars, I had to play through the intro which took a bit but this is pretty easy, especially if you have a cloud save somewhere
Rainbow Six Siege - Play a Training Grounds - I knocked this out in five minutes as a brand new player
Grounded - Earn an achievement - Took about an hour of naturally playing, there's probably a speedier way to do this

I usually ignored these as I didn't want to install stuff, and the only cloud gaming I tried prior was Forza on my phone which was pretty awful, but doing these in browser has been super responsive and impressive.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Anyone else get sucked into Neon Abyss? Tried it out since I liked the aesthetic and it feels like a perfect game pass game. It feels like a synthed out gun centric Rogue Legacy, and so far after a few hours of play it feels a lot more fair than Spelunky 2. There's plenty of roguelites out there at the moment but I would say it's definitely worth checking out if you have game pass.

Yea Neon Abyss is very good, it reminded me of a side-scrolling Enter the Gungeon. My only complaint was the meta-progression skill tree seemed too grindy/expensive, I had beaten the game without even being close to filling out some of those trees.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I mean eventually you have to select things around the environment, around the inventory, place things around the environment, etc. so a pointer makes sense. I think mouse and keyboard definitely beats controller though.

I liked the first half hour of 12 minutes or so but am quickly losing patience with having to do so much repetition to discover new information, I don't know if I'll stick with it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Would FF13 have a fast forward mode like that other remaster did?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I've been spending a lot more time in Craftopia than I did when I tried it on PC.

It's kind of all over the place, and the combat isn't satisfying, but there's so very much to do.

I got a few hours out of it as a podcast game because this is just relentless objectives and miniquests and tasks game at the moment. After a while I had to ask myself if I was having fun and I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

So I'm baffled... I just got a new computer and tried to log in to my Game Pass on it and it's already logged in with some random account and asks if I want to get Game Pass. It won't let me log out of it. Already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Is that account the owner of Windows 10? Is it logged into the Microsoft Store app?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Does Sable run smooth yet?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Wonder how long before someone sells the fridge on craigslist to someone who thinks it's a Series X?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Is there any downside to setting the region to something else?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Puddin posted:

Link?

There's no downside to using it right?

People on reddit have reported getting banned for using extensions/add-ons that automate Bing searches and quizzes. It's against ToS apparently, so probably don't do it on your main MS account.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

If it had achievements you could probably find it in your profile history.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Boar It posted:

So I got the second (series) controller now, and it is just as loud, if not even louder. So either this is the norm or I keep manging to buy defective ones. The second one is from a different retailer too but alas it seems to be defective. At least everyone I ask who has Xbox One controllers say theirs are quiet. Like I said before if I wear headphones it is possible to ignore it but if I were to play with speakers it would be nigh impossible with all the rattling and screeching emanating from the controller. Real bummer too since the addition of trigger rumble is fantastic and I love it in Forza, makes braking so much easier. But I guess I'll just return these and hold off for now. :shrug:

Dumb question but are you wearing a weird ring or do you have a metal finger

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

there is so much games I want to check out every single week what the gently caress microsoft why are you doing this to me

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Busy Bee posted:

Also, I just learned that as an Ultimate subscriber, I can play games on my phone? What games do you guys recommend for this since I'm assuming you can't play all of them, especially the intensive ones.

A lot of games are cloud enabled. I got a controller adapter/holder for my phone and it works pretty well, but most days I'm around my console so I don't use it a ton. I'm surprised at how good the latency usually is but things that don't require precise reactions are the safest bets. Turn-based stuff like Slay the Spire or Yakuza 7 were good ones I did recently, or something like Unpacking.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can you turn off the enemy voices, holy poo poo they’re so annoying.

actually the voices are hilarious

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Jables88 posted:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I'm really struggling with something for my kid's Christmas present.

He wants "The Legendary Phoenix: Arctic Adventure", a Minecraft world. From what I can tell this was given away free for a while. However I cannot find any trace of this in the Marketplace, even looking through everything made by the creator, Goe Craft.

Can anyone take pity on me and let me know what I'm missing here? Do people just pull worlds from the marketplace?

If I have Minecraft open and then go to this link it pulls it up on the marketplace for me - https://mcmarket.place/?id=c1ce4bc8-9ba6-48d0-8c70-811024511fbe

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

sittin here pondering the fob

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Yeah I just Gamefly'd Hitman 1 and 2, you just the discs in the system to unlock them within Hitman 3.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

State of Decay 2 is great but you do need a good grasp of it's systems to have a good time with it. It can be hard and it's likely you'll lose some people and the randomness can gently caress you over. Your squad is usually pretty weaker than expected in gear and skills, and it can take more patience than people want to give it when you're sneaking around and slowly looting.

There are a lot of great dynamic events that come from it, I revisited it this year after falling off the vanilla release and had a blast.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

What's the hidden object game?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I try and test out the new stuff that looks interesting. Both Exo One and The Gunk were neat and short recent ones. I'm really liking Archvale but I'm near the end and it's starting to grind a bit. Moonglow Bay was very close to getting it's hooks in me and I could see some people liking that as much as Stardew.

The frequency of which they add games is tough to keep up with, but a lot of these have been solid entries that come in under 10 hours which I appreciate.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

VR adds a cool dimension to Hitman, I really enjoyed going into those levels once I got the hang of them in 2D. PSVR was pretty low fidelity and hopefully PCVR lets it stretch it's legs a bit.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Death's Door is really neat, and a solid polished package that doesn't overstay it's welcome.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I played all my Hitman on PS4 and continue to do so on PSVR, can I sync progress with Xbox anytime I want or is it a one time import kind of thing?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I think I like what Extraction is doing. Grouping up with pubbies is very hit or miss and early on it's mostly miss and terrible, but I've had some pretty frantic, exciting, and fun moments so far. Losing operators gives it some stakes but isn't too punishing if you fail to get them back, and after a while you get them back anyway.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone else playing extraction? It's pretty fun but really hard, definitely need a group.

Yeah I never got into Siege but I'm really liking Extraction. Almost bounced off it because the first hour or two is tough when you don't know what you're doing and all your ops are level 1 but now that I have leveled up some it's fun to hop into. Pubbie groups are mostly fine at the low/mid levels but I'd imagine that runs out quick in the hard content. It works decent solo too but a good group can be a lot of fun.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

If you don't have a PC I think personally I would vote for a Series X but yeah I don't think you'd regret having a game pass box.

Thunder Bear posted:

As long as I'm here: does Halo Infinite have split-screen/couch multiplayer or can I wait on extra controllers for now?

Couch co-op isn't in right now and is coming out in a few months supposedly.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Sleng Teng posted:

A little shameful but I've had the series x and gamepass for a while but I haven't done anything with rewards. Does somebody mind explaining the rewards points thing? I see there's an app on the xbox and I get points for doing stuff with gamepass, using the app, playing games, etc. but there's also a website that's got different stuff? Is it best to auto redeem for the $10 gift card over and over again or is it better to wait for the $50?

Exact same here. I'm playing more and a wider variety of games just because there's no up front investment. I'm basically gamepass and switch exclusives only right now.

I think the website is just Bing. You get rewards points for Bing searches in browser, Bing searches using Edge, and Bing searches using mobile. Every day there is also a quiz and "check out this topic" things worth points. All of that is usually good for 350 points a day.

There is also a rewards app you can put on your phone and Xbox, if you earn an achievement a day you get 50 points, if you log into the mobile app you get 10, play a Game Pass game you get 10, and there are random tiles in the app you can get some more points.

There are also Game Pass quests weekly and monthly, things like "Steal 3 cars in GTA" that are usually fairly low effort for a quick couple hundred points. A lot of these you can pop into a cloud gaming session and knock these out instead of installing the games.

It rewards streaks and "sets", and rewards if you do a bunch of the daily/weekly stuff in a month you'll get bonus points.

SO, you can engage with as much or as little as you want. I have fun with it and every two months I earn three months of Game Pass so I've just been extending my sub into eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Fanatic posted:

Yeah it makes a pretty good dragster :D

FH3 had a fun achievement where you had to do a 300ft jump off one of the Danger Signs in the supervan.

FH5 has a similar one too.

I like the weekly festival stuff, it's usually an hour or two of content to play through and you can pick and choose the things you like to do. The Trial is usually the only thing I actively avoid as it usually needs tuned cars, and more importantly, teammates also in tuned cars.