Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I miss _Flash_. As a warrior, of all things, I miss Flash the most.

God, yes. Slowing down to use overpower is ruining my dungeon clear times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

read cspam every day :killing:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the phantom train is in one of the castrums (meridianum?) and if there's any justice we will ride triumphantly into garlemald in 5.0 or 6.0 on a giant fuckin hellocomotive

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the stormblood Quest Complete jingle sounds like a section from the ending of the Internationale, and it fills me with patriotic fervor to destroy the hated capitalist imperialists

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

tower challenge?

there are various sightseeing spots in Kugane that require long and elaborate jumping sequences to reach

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bleu posted:

:confused: You're supposed to do that, it's not optional.

It's not optional in Savage, but you can get away with it in normal.

Speaking of, it turns out that if you unsync A12S, you don't get enough LB gauge to use tank LB3 before Divine Judgment, so every non-tank dies. Oops! (e: well unless you wait in the add phase for a long time but pffft)

Bobfly posted:

Gnath torso.

I would wear the Gnath torso forever if the goddamn shell didn't clip into the haft of my axe

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 30, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i like fishing. send help

also /gpose or whatever lighting bullshit is for nerds!!!!!!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I never understood why people cared that much about tank threat in low level dungeons. It's usually not a big deal if the DPS or healer ends up tanking a loose mob unless it happens during a big pull

The question is not whether it actually matters, it's whether it feels like it matters, and it does. Some starry-eyed newbie who wants to tank is gonna be a little miffed if they're told "nah, don't worry about it for another fifteen or twenty levels."

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

imo in order to pvp you should have to type all your actions as commands.

Yoship Teaches Typing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

funkymonks posted:

Now i want to see 8 person crafter content where you have to coordinate touches and only one crafter can finish an item per week.

didn't FF11 actually do this

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

What is Eureka

it's an upcoming zone or series of zones or something that's intended to fill a similar niche to diadem, except presumably not boring/awful, and it'll be involved in upgrading the relic weapon - that's all we know right now

efb god dammit

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Has anyone gotten approval in that second Temple boss? The girl told me I sucked rear end both times I've been in the dungeon.

yes. it's just a simple time check, pretty sure. I've seen failure, average, quite good, I think there's an 'incredible' in there. don't let anyone get damage down.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I've been noticing more and more overlap between this thread and various Tormp Threds and I adore it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"did somebody say RTS?" says lord of verminion, perking up from its squalid, unused corner of the gold saucer

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It definitely says "The Ruby Tide" where the Ruby Sea should be

Yeah, it was obviously changed somewhat late in development. I dunno if they've fixed it by now but there are/were a bunch of fish with descriptions mentioning the Ruby Tide.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phone posted:

You have a treat for the most metal 2.0 boss theme that's coming up.

e: also over the weekend i totally didn't get out of the shower and had the limsa theme in my head, didn't happen, nope.

if you don't sing Under the Weight/Metal/Rise/Oblivion/Fiend/any goddamn thing to yourself, then why are you even playing this loving anime game

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phone posted:

i was talking about oblivion in the first part ;)

oh yeah man you're cool, it was a general "you"

Thundarr posted:

If you can't a to the l to the e x ander while running A12S then you aren't trying hard enough.

yeah the meter in Rise is preposterous for the verses but it is a requirement to sing "A to the L to the E-X-ander, gobbies gonna rise up, boom like thunder" alongside soken, otherwise your loot won't drop

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

code:
[1:10 a.m.](Spiced Rum) he's invincible there
[1:10 a.m.](Fortune's Favor) like I give a poo poo
[1:10 a.m.](Fortune's Favor) he'll take my stones and like it
Found the best pub first time healer for Amdapor hard

please tell me you commended this scion

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

In Yojimbo EX he'll get "paid" by our very own goon Zen Xii, who will absolutely refuse to pay a dime, resulting in Yojimbo non-violently poking people until he enrages, walking off out of boredom. The actual mechanic to the fight will be trying to convince Zen to actually spend his gil so Yojimbo can use an attack.

whoa, huge slam on anteaters our potato out of nowhere

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I get better. Easier?

You can just buy some poo poo and make it, or ask one of your fellow nerds who's leveled every crafter to 70 to do it. As opposed to having to deal with pubbies rolling on the same poo poo, and being required to wait up to 4 weeks to actually get a piece.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Personally I kept continually loving up on the Ribbit cast after the dragon appears, for some drat fool reason.

I feel like we do this part imperfectly (we've gotten up to the Iron Giant/ninja adds). We pull Halicarnassus and the dragon onto the same tile (the 2nd one counting from northwest), facing her NW with everyone in front, and me (offtank) facing the dragon south-southwest so the massive cleave doesn't murder everyone. That way everyone can keep dpsing the dragon while moving behind it to avoid Ribbit, if she picks anyone but me to use it on. But if she picks me it's really hard to see her model or her targeting circle turn, what with the big fuckin' dragon in the way... now, granted, by the time Ribbit goes out I usually have enough threat lead to keep the dragon as a frog, and if she picks me no one else is at risk, so I guess it doesn't matter much. But I still wonder if there's a better way.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also pop sprint before mindjack tethers vines. Don't use sprint in the post-zoo mindjack though.

If you pop Sprint just before the Spellblade: Fire III/vine tethers are applied, it comes back up just in time to use it on the Mindjack vines too :eng101:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, yoship wants to give the shittiest dps more opportunities to improve their gear

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Samael posted:

I don't really care if you hit 1-1-1 or 1-2-3 because I just click my skills anyway.

look man we're all having fun here but some things are just too much

just beyond the pale

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

clicking is just fine. i click most everything too.

mods??????????

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

supply and demand is hosed up yes

smash capitalism imo

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

must needs commit adult'ry

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

You're overthinking it. The stat system in this game is pretty simple. Just putting in whatever DPS stat seems neat and doesn't hit the item's cap is not by the most stringent definition of the word optimal, but the difference is nowhere near close enough to care about. Maybe unless you're doing savage raiding, in which case you're presumably poopsocky enough to look it up yourself.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

we must needs blaze it, warrior of light

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

new crafting class: glassblower, starts at level 420

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the warrior of weed's power is mimicked by the Resinant

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bolow posted:

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't exactly sure how the multiclass thing worked but it seems relatively painless. Guess I'll go whack things with a halberd tonight

"relatively" is an understatement, if you've unlocked the class you can change to it simply by equipping the appropriate weapon, pretty much everywhere except while in combat

anyway yeah I'll repeat everyone else saying that the differences you hear about are people spergin' about the hardest content in the game, in a game where changing to a different class has almost no cost. that said, do be aware that the game is designed as Baby's First MMO to accommodate FF fans who've never played one before, and lancer/dragoon particularly suffers for lacking engaging combat mechanics at lower levels - as in, there's a stretch where your best DPS is keeping a ~20-second buff up and just hitting a single button the rest of the time. But it'll get more complex, just don't be put off.

Shere posted:

You know what owns though? Wiping the party in V2S because Inner Release didn't drop off before the tank/healer knockback, and I forgot, twice, that it has a secondary effect.

yep, been there. I have to wonder how many warriors go through this, because IR comes off cooldown from the standard opener at juuuust the right time to gently caress you. we were so confused (reading tooltips is for nerds)

e: also yeah the post-release patches helped, mostly how your gauge no longer gets halved on switching stances (god, why was that ever a thing?) I still think that Onslaught should have a minimum range and generate gauge though

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 29, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

You think this is bad? You must have never played FFXI.

TRIGGER WARNING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkVv4pJqNc

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Verranicus posted:

It's probably because I associate it with growing up, but I still think XI had a better and catchier soundtrack than XIV. Not to say XIV's is bad by any means, but the zone and town (and even PlayOnline) music from XI is stuff I'll still find myself humming occasionally while with XIV I really only love a few of the trial or dungeon themes.

it's been like ten years and my body still reacts when I hear the Vana'diel March and this probably explains a lot about my extremely broken brain

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

now I'm all nostalgic for the ffxi soundtrack again, as happens every six months or so

ffxi's (only?) vocal track at the end of COP pales in comparison to the glory of soken though

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a kitten posted:

I didn't censor anything, what are you even saying?

in the gil-selling tell you got, there's a big gap that looks like a black bar due to the ocean behind it. I thought it was you censoring your name too until this post

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bolow posted:

EDIT: Wrong quest woops

This psuedo CSI thing..

Did they just bury this loving dude while he was unconscious, he climbs out of his grave and the zombies console him on his "undead" status, and they all just kind of roll with it?

:laffo:

post trip reports

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bolow posted:

the game just dumped like 30 quests on me the moment I hit 50

:unsmigghh:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bad Breath in this game might as well cause instant death considering the debuffs it hits you with.

there were some morbols in ffxi for which this was literally the case, except had no marker just like everything else in ffxi and was functionally instant

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

Welp, had a luminous crystal drop from the first FATE I attempted. gently caress it, I'm doing this.

this really nice guy i met on the street gave me this bag of awesome drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Always wish for blessed greased +2 silver dragon scale mail. Even when you're already a dragon.

what if you're a monk!!! shoulda gotten those blessed fireproof +2 boots of speed!!!!!

e: yoship please expand the Cheap Dungeon into a simplistic nethack clone