Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

verbal enema posted:

Getting back into this left off around April with some goofo lvl 49-52ish pugilist.

Just start over or do the ol' wtf are these skills again routine that is a piece of the MMO Return

There's also the fact that they completely revamped the skills for all jobs while you were gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I don't play monk :shrug:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I'm using a controller and I have a question about O2S (and I guess every other fight with a don't face the boss gimmick). Is it worth learning Legacy camera? Being able to not spend an entire cast bar spinning the camera around to avoid "look or die" would be nice. I'm playing an RDM so I don't need to worry about loving up positionals.

No I'm not swapping back to KB+M.

Abolutely use legacy camera. I never played without it. Been using controller since day 1 also.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:allears: Fantastic.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Sometimes i'll accidentally Aspected Benefic the tank between pulls and think to myself "(please click it off please click it off please click it off) WELP I'M DEAD"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I stay in Tank stance as DRK because i'm a scrub but I also need them huge Bloodspiller numbers. :black101:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I rarely drop tank stance but it's mostly because I just keep forgetting. :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Give everyone Shirk. Problem solved.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I wanna be chinese knockoff Sora and Kairi so freakin bad.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:eyepop: Savage

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"heard you were talkin poo poo about us"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am enjoying these angery healer tweets very much.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo, loving SOLD. I mean the other images already sold me but this is incredible. :allears:

Also all you people who change their hairstyle each patch really confuse me.
I change my hairstyle about once a week.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

THIS DUNGEON DROPPED A NEW PAIR OF GLOVES AND MY HAIR DOESN'T MATCH IT *mashes jandelaine bell*

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Is there a link that shows off the new gear?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

They put up a preview site for 4.1, it's right here. If you're at work or something and the site's blocked out, here's a picture of the new gear.

Thanks for the image. I'm blind cos i don't see it on the site anywhere.

edit: ugh, there are invisible side-scrolling arrows that's dumb

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

*slowly raises hand shakily* u-umm we're still here in the goon FC on omega oh god i'm so sorryi'll be quiet now

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So if i use a fantasia, am i able to mess around with what my character looks like and then decide against it? Or am i pretty much stuck into changing once i use it? Still kinda on the fence of changing to either catgirl or maybe High lady after seeing all these beautiful glamors in the thread :v: going from a midlander btw

If you want to preview a different race/appearance you can always use a retainer fantasia on one of your retainers. You even have the option of decking your retainers out in your outfits/glamours to see how they look.

Arist posted:

I like AST :(

AST owns. I was a SCH all throughout ARR and HW and I made the switch to AST as my main healer for SB because it's moveset looked awesome. I still like it a lot.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

A friend told me casually that he got 3 lines last week and he wasn't sure which 3rd tier reward to pick so he went with the 60 crafter chestpiece over the 70 nin chestpiece.

The 70 nin chest was selling for 5.7 mill at the time

:doh:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Imagine how embarrassing it will be when you take your squadron into a dungeon and they kick you for poor dps.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I haven't done ixion since SB launch when it was so congested you couldn't even enter the zone. Im guessing people just hang out in the lochs all day cos I haven't heard anyone talk about it for months.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Got my mch to 70 last night. Why is the sky pirate aiming chest so drat good?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The first scholasticate quest was pretty good as an introduction, but all of the ones after that were just incredibly boring. I had zero interest in any of the characters and tbh I still can't even remember what they were about. A murder? A kidnapping? Too disinterested to look it up.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

*levels his DoH with crafting levekits he bought off PF*

*has FC/LS/PF people make his endgame crafting equipment for him*

*literally doesn't know how to craft an at-level item without a rotation he copied off a website*

"Actually let me tell you why crafting in this game is bad"

(Not calling out anyone in this thread, but these guys do seem to be becoming more common since ARR)

Not me! I levelled the hard way (my poor e-wallet) and came up with my own rotation along the way which I used right up to level 60 until I did some research and realised I was doing it all completely wrong! :haw:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i am tim! posted:

Oh hey, looks like they're adding compact versions of the Job UI elements. There's only the JP Blog, but the images speak for themselves.
https://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002172.html

This looks really good. Also they added a countdown for the Hotshot buff to the MCH guage so they might be doing something similar for other jobs.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Still lolling at the MCH "buff". At this point i'm just gonna accept that adding a hot shot meter to the job guage is this patches real mch buff.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mainly it's that the heat mechanic is confusing as hell and hard to work into rotations. That plus MCH's already random-focused 1-2-3 combo means that pumping out your max dps is harder than ever.

I read a post on reddit that described that to get the most out of MCH's dps in single-target fights, overheating for every time wildfire is off cooldown is actually worse than overheating for every 2nd or third one. It's kinda bonkers really.

Also flamethrower, while awesome looking, doesn't have a lot of utility.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

We have a summoner in our static right now and take him into O4S. Bahamut can be janky and hopefully they adjusted it some. He's just hoping the size slider will allow him to make bahamut bigger.

His size is based on your own Bahamut-slider setting iirc. So you can set it to be as big/small as you like but other people won't necessarily see it the same.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I don't know if it was coincedence or not, but by making the heated shots so loving amazing looking it really makes you try your best to stay in-between 50-95 heat. That hollow feeling when you overheat and lose your loving sick Bayonetta-style kicks and flips....shameful.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm still only halfway through the 4.1 msq but (spoilers) the scene where you talk with Fordola in the prison cell and she sees your past might be my favourite voiced scene in the game.

Also my favourite part of the new raid was when you get hit by Trample for the first time. It was worth it for the unique animation.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

ran Skalla twice yesterday and a friend only noticed it on the second go, so I'm curious if it's always there or not

when the clay idol boss opens up to use some of his abilities, the explosions distract from it, but there's a giant loving fat cat sitting inside it plain as day

oh my god

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Actually, the biggest brained solution to the housing problem is

Will wonders never cease :allears:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Jinh posted:

They were originally planning to have Viera ingame before moving to au ra, here's concept art of male Viera

I will now buy your game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I grabbed a house in Mist when Omega first opened and have done absolutely nothing with it. Now that I have crafters, money and storage maybe I'll actually get into housing stuff.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I shop online and get it delivered like a normal person. Going outside? Ew.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ruta posted:

I'm sending my botanist retainer out on 18 hour ventures because I'm hoping the shiba minion is off any gatherer. I have not gotten lucky yet, but I did get that tengu minion from something or other my retainers were doing. Its kind of ugly.

Does it matter which one you pick? I was sending retainers on XXI ventures until I heard that someone got the otter from a XX so I switched to that and now i'm wondering if I should use the new XXII ones.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Right. Very newbish housing question as i've never touched it before. I have a cottage in Mist and I want to make it look like a hingan cottage. Is this possible? Will I need to purchase a hingan cottage permit to do that? Also if this is the case, as I suspect, will I need to remove the existing house and/or the stuff inside?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They hosed up a couple of mechanics translations in this patch actually, what with Kelpie doing the opposite of what he says.

I actually think this was a pretty great idea. Keeps you focused on the whole fight. The actual poo poo boss of Skalla is poisontongue. "Okay so I managed to successfully aviod killling the party with the donut, sure my dps suffered a little but I can make it up late- THAT loving TAIL SWEEP"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Saucer Crab posted:

DRK 30-50 is really bad and dumb and forces a ton of characterization upon the WoL that the rest of the game wisely avoids doing. The 50-60 questline is much better and actually tells a nice little story and is one of the better HW ones. I haven't touched DRK in SB but since everyone keeps saying it follows from 30-50 I imagine it has to be bad as well.

You are entitles to your opinions. I am also entitled to my opinion that your are wrong and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lots of people have died for you in this game. You don't know their names or mourn them to the same degree. People more recently have died for the Warrior of Light. It doesn't get into the same hamfisted hero worship for anyone but him. There wasn't any of this for Gosetsu, who the WoL should have no idea is actually alive.

It goes beyond the scope of the the character when it defines what your reaction to events are so strictly and attached presumptions of a players feelings towards a character is terrible, inconsistent writing. The game's more than happy to let you go your own way about things but all WoL's are obsessed with the fact Hboy died. To drag it out far and beyond its original scope is crap.

It's possible that the game devs picked up on how popular Haurchefant was in the fanbase and injected him into most of the msq stuff. I can definitely picture them thinking "we need to have the wol remember a dead friend here who should we pick? let's go with the popular dude".

Actually (DRK SB quests spoilers), when SB dropped, I was doing the DRK quests and remember some people predicting that the 70 quest would involve Haurchefant which I think would have been a really bad idea for several reasons and I don't even hate the character all that much. I'm really glad they didn't go that route, not that they had any reason to.