Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Wait when did they do that? I remember it refreshing Umbral back when it was 100 potency and worth using. But yeah even since Blizz 2 got nerfed to 50 potency it has no place being on anyone's bars, and they haven't designed a fight where a Bind is useful since T7 so even Freeze is barely needed.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Kuvo posted:

i assume this is what Krile's flashback dad was alluding to about being imprisoned right

It's 99% going to be Hades. Considering the Greek naming scheme for the zone and that he was a FFXI villain so it fits the nostalgia thing they're going for too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Countblanc posted:

Also lol at the person last page who said SB gave everyone fun aoe. RDM has like the most boring aoe I've seen since rogues spamming fan of knives in WoW

RDM is in desperate need of Verblizzard and Verwater aoes so it can do Scatter > Blizz > Scatter > Water to at least make it not Scatter x Infinity on 4+ targets.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Actually for coil at least a few of the instant death hits are something like 125% your max HP instead of being a fixed damage amount.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Or commit to memory what the Heavy Thrust buff looks like because why hasn't it appeared on this Dragoon once this entire dungeon holy poo poo man just push the goddamn button already.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
You'll probably kill him pretty early into the second cycle of his mechanics but you're probably still gonna have to deal with GCOmega. Neo's a 6 minute fight that makes you do it twice to be 12 minutes long.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

EponymousMrYar posted:

Is Yotsuyu a good enough actor to fool her own brother? Or does she really know nothing? And what the heck is that fancy mirror for?

If I'm rembering right, that mirror is supposed to be from the myths of Amaterasu, which has some people thinking Yotsuyu's gonna go Primal for our big story climax, it also fits with the patch title "Rise of a New Sun" since Amaterasu is a sun goddess, also she's Susano-o's brother. So plenty of things to suggest it can happen.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Verranicus posted:

The sastasha one is way worse.

The sastasha one doesn't have the boss target go gently caress off for 30 seconds being untargetable 3 times to go grab a player, so by that fact alone it's better.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Chardanook reeks of them playing it too safe, the fact there is 0 randomness to the paintings makes the gimmick even less involved then Catastrophe's savage gravity gimmicks. Chardanook could probably have used some of the randomness Gaurdian has, lord knows you have 10 years for the Possession cast to actually finish and see what paintings were being picked.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

pupuru posted:

So I'm at what I assume to be the end of Heavensward, and uh, wow did the introduction of that samurai guy kinda clash with the fact that Papalymo died like 5 minutes ago

If I remember right, these two events were like 3 months apart in real time. But yeah that's gotta be some mood whiplash doing it now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Same but people bitched about them being required for Trials Roulette, so we can't have nice things.

Which doesn't make sense now anyways since Trial Roulette just requires 2 trials to be unlocked now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hope it's not as strenuous as Exdeath, but I have a gut feeling it will be. :negative:

From experience, both forms of Kefka are easier to learn then Exdeath. Though clown is very strict on not failing the mechanics. God has a tiny bit more leeway but going into any Forsaken with deaths is like 99% a wipe.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

World War Mammories posted:

just wanted to share that my group finally made it to god kefka's enrage, wheeeeeeeee

after forsaken 2 that fight seems to speed up, it's really weird. definitely doesn't feel like 10 entire minutes.

2nd Forsaken is the last brand new mechanic in the fight, since Forsaken 3 is just bringing back Clown mechanics so it's all stuff you've seen before at that point which helps to make it feel faster.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Martman posted:

Lol at the change to PotD. Now you exchange your aetherpool points in smaller increments!!...long after the weapons you can get from it are basically entirely irrelevant and no one cares anymore.

This is more for Heaven-on-High which is going to work the same way as the changed PotD for it's weapon exchange.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

Now I'm curious -- what's the worst possible composition?

4 RDM, 2 WHM, 2 DRK.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ridorona is cool.
Spoilers for it.
I hope you guys like math. Also only 99% sure since ACT is broken atm but, Yiazmat has 50 million HP, with a gimmick to chunk 40% of it. He even uses Growing Threat at 10% HP and starts glowing red.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 22, 2018

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Oh yeah, no way in hell that Shadowhunter is NOT Gaius, the first loving thing he does in the battle is do the X blade spam. Oh man can we have 4.4 already?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Ibblebibble posted:

After going through Ridorina, I think I can safely declare:

This will be the pub killer to end all pub killers.

This gets said every 24man, and a week later most of the pubs have picked up on it. I've already run it 4 times today getting the drop I wanted, each run was better then the last.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, during that scene he implies he thinks that Yotsuyu slept with Zenos for her position from what I can tell. But then he also says something like "None of you loved Zenos more than me!" or something. So from his perspective, his sister stole his man away from him or something. What a hosed up family.

It's truly a shame, but the WoL is the only husbando/waifu for Zenos. Can't wait for the reunion in 4.4/4.5

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

MechaX posted:

My run had a lot of people getting used to the math, but the pelvic laser really, really hurts. Plus, there were too many times where people got the marker in the giant electric cog phase, and then just explode for 46k damage.

In comparison, the last boss was a lot easier one people realized they can just follow him when he’s charging around, and when tanks stopped getting 90% of the raid petrified by turning the boss.

The tanks have nothing to do with petrifying the raid, Yiazmat turns himself for that.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
For some reason basic pattern recognition skills in MMOs is a Herculean task.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

The server tick mechanic for Tsukuyomi is still absolutely indefensible.

The floor isn't any kind of server tick, it pulses every 5 seconds. The only server related shenanigans would be the normal things where crossing at the 4.9 second mark will probably give you the color you were on. And if were talking EX, just be booking it to the correct color immediately as meteor marks go out, you have plenty of time even if your a meteor target.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, wow. I've never seen that. I just assumed she didn't have one.

It's like 12 minutes or so, an extremely generous timer for her fight.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

LordHippoman posted:

Ironically my biggest difficulty was the add phase. I could not, for the life of me, find safe spots.

Pretty much the edge of the platform on the middle of any side will be "safe" or not fatal. There is no safe spot to take minimum damage on that add phase, especially when it's 5 of them landing at once.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress! That swerve with the UwU fight is the most incredible thing.

YoshiP and his team are messengers of Satan.

Haha you thought you had learned 3 phases after 12 hours? Too bad it was me Dio YoshiP!

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The final TITAAANNNNNNNNN scream syncs up with his enrage cast perfectly.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thumbtacks posted:

(titan's woke ability is double casting instant landslides without indicators :allears:)

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulIgnorantPandaDoritosChip

Honestly if it works the same way every time that's not the worst thing, the second landslide seemed aimed at the safe spots of the first so it's just a simple out>in movement.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I am still of the hot take that Eureka is cool.

In small doses.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Pretty sure it'd be exactly the same after the first clear of each. Since dungeons are extremely stock standard poo poo now in how they're designed.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Leal posted:

Continuing on a fresh character, I'm at 41 and man I forgot how A: How fanatical the Ishgardians are and B: How stingy the quest rewards are in giving out accessories.

It amazes me that despite making adjustments, Heavensward still rewards ZERO wrist accessories during the entire 50-60 leveling experience. Stormblood at least does give you a full set of gear... though you do have to dig through the sidequests a bit to find the accessory ones.

But yeah, Omegascapes bosses are actually a big question to me, the pattern so far would suggest FF7 bosses ending with Sephiroth, but then Omega not being fought at all seems like such a copout. Well guess in another month or so we'll get our first hints of 4.4 and see what they're up to.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 26, 2018

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I honestly don't really know what bosses you could do that are iconic to 7 that aren't the gem weapons and sephiroth. Maybe a jenova fight where the phases are her forms? Bizarro sephiroth would honestly work better for a 24 man though since you could fight him with three parties.

Eh 7's got it's fair share of bosses that I'm sure people will remember like Lost Number, Materia Keeper, Schizo, Carry Armor and Proud Clad. And then you've got Jenova for the third boss easy, or even Hojo and Jenova is like a phase on Sephiroth.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

BrightWing posted:

My main problem with SMN is Bahamut randomly deciding to not do what you tell him to and missing out on an Ahk Morn.

That, and the big number from Ahk Morn not showing up as if it were your own damage is a shame.

I get what they were going for with the wyrmwave mechanic, but it makes Bahamut so stupid if you start moving because since he has no regular auto-attack it seems #1 priority is STAY WITHIN 5 YARDS OF MASTER and will happily make sure he gets next to you before firing that Ahk Morn.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I am inclined to believe that Belias waits until you have a proc before he jumps and does his freakishly long attack that is designed to be as long as possible to wait out the duration of said procs. :argh:

The timing for his divebombs are the absolute worst in the game, it literally fucks over like everyone. And then there's the one at like 4minutes where he does 2 divebombs within 30 seconds like gently caress off already.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Every single one of those has been name dropped multiple times during the Byakko quests and the quests for Swallow's Compass.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Rainuwastaken posted:

You sat in Northern Thanalan like a good boy and waited for Dark Devices to pop.

Ah the good ol days, then there was that one idiot/rear end in a top hat who would go kill the mobs to actually progress the fate and everyone would lose their poo poo.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Monathin posted:

Yeah, its not like Dragoon where you're just spamming Heavy Thrust -> Impulse Drive until you learn one of your full combos. :v:

That was fixed in stormblood, True Thrust > Vorpal Thrust is like 10 more potency then Impulse x2.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

If this doesn't win and I can't rock it on MNK I will riot.

If this wins I hope they go all out and I can rock an Abdul caster set.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know what demon possessed me to say this, but I want it excised right now.

If Pagos was just Anemos 2 it would have been an OK statement. But Pagos went and stripped any elements of not poo poo design and multiplied the poo poo by 10. And the cherry on top is the weapon is only 370. I've already got Kefka Savage weapons for all my jobs, and for people who just want a 370 the 24 man had the Solvent added to it's tradein vendor too this week. Like if this came out on 4.3 release it might have had a purpose, but as it stands Pagos is some nearly pointless bullshit i'm only doing for seeing what they do with XIV Galuf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The Austin Powers steamroller speed missiles also deserve a special mention imo.