Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
What did you morons do this time to get the thread disappeared?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS MORNING JOE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START YELLING AT THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JOE AND MIKA. I DEBATE EVERY POINT AND I DEBATE EVERY POINT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WITTY ONE LINER OR EVEN WHEN I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING. NOT MANY CANDIDATES CAN SAY THEY'RE NOT UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY CABINET MEETINGS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TALKING POINTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY GOLDEN APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING COMMERCIALS EVERY MORNIng

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Iron Crowned posted:

What does this even mean?

That pop culture analogies tend to suck complete rear end

Also, George Lucas wrote AHCA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

So wait, is it Jazz music played super quietly or is it diluted with pop music?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Oh god, he sounds like an extra on Silicon Valley

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

something, something, 1%ers

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

zegermans posted:

is Nunes in an at all risky seat? Because it'd be hilarious if he ate poo poo for Trump like that dude on the Simpsons that took 1 of 8 bullets for Huey Long

He won by 30% in 2016, so probably not

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

quote:

“Most troubling of all, we have no record of General Flynn identifying on his security clearance renewal application – or during his interview with security clearance investigators – even a single foreign government he had contact with,” wrote Reps. Elijah Cummings and Eliot Engel, the ranking members of the House oversight and foreign affairs committees, in a letter published on Monday.

The Democrats have demanded documents related to all of Flynn’s work on the Saudi nuclear venture, which not only involved a joint Russian-U.S. effort to construct the nuclear reactors, but a plan to have Arab countries repay the Russians with the purchase of “Russian military hardware,” the letter says, citing internal documents from companies involved in trying to solidify the deal.

:stare:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So he flipped? Lol.

I mean, he was begging for anyone to give him immunity in exchange for testimony

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

fits my needs posted:

why were they congratulating themselves? wtf? do they run a PAC or something?

Hey, these leftists only barely lost an election unlike our moderate democrats who keep barely losing elections

(Yes, I know, its about Labour's stunning rise, but the same people don't appreciate the same kind of voting shift when it happens in individual races)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

coding should not be a requirement in school

Coding shouldn't be a requirement

Logic (mathematical or philosophy) should be

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/876974708952104960

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/dril/status/877004092555612160

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I think he meant Mad Repubs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I found a tape of Trumps strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Somewhere there's a universe where President Donald J. Trump is happy and wow am I glad I'm not in that universe.

There is a universe where we all died in the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I'm not sure I don't envy that world

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jeb! is being investigated for overstating the labeled weight on guacamole

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
This reality show is poorly written and unrealistic. You can't just keep having your main characters gently caress up in the exact same way every week

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rah! posted:

"lets be civil and understanding and have a debate with the nazis" -a big dumb moron

"Lol 420 69 punch all nazis in sight lmbo" -a cool and good person

"Lets meet up to discuss forming a working group to assess the question of whether nazis should be punched" - a moderate

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

triple sulk posted:

also tax the everliving gently caress out of the rich and cut military spending by like 75%

Or raise taxes even higher and fund the gently caress out of everything. Worked for Eisenhower

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Montasque posted:

Reading all the RUSSIA RIGGED THE ELECTIONS posts by people just seems like wishful thinking.

So far I haven't seen any real evidence that Russia rigged the elections. Obama knew they didn't rig it, and that's why he didn't bother pushing things any further than he did.

I know it breaks people's brains to face the reality that your country is so hosed that they elected Trump, but that's what happened. People are loving idiots.

Yeah, its almost certain they didn't change votes

They probably didn't alter voter registrations, but they tried to

They definitely hacked both the DNC and the RNC, and used one to smear Hillary and dems, and have been mysteriously silent on the other (I wonder how much blackmail on the RNC they now have?)

There was a lot of fake news conspiracy poo poo coming out of eastern europe and russia

There was a shitload of gaming social media with russian bots

On the whole, they probably didn't rig the election, but they interfered to an extremely high level

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Montasque posted:

The DNC hack had an impact, but RUSSIA FAKE NEWS and RUSSIA SOCIAL MEDIA BOTS are about as powerful as 4chan in regards to meme/social media reach.

I mean considering how close the vote was in a lot of the swing states, small factors like fake news and artificial promotion of bullshit definitely played a huge factor in the narrative. You cant point to any single factor as "this is why she lost" (though campaign strategy would be high on the list), its a lot of things in combination that lead to the defeat.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

I'm pastor g badly

what with succ zone poo poo

You really need to get better spellcheck on your tablet, my man

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

NecroMonster posted:

Obama "Well, who am I to argue?"

Obama: "Clearly the intelligent American voters will see through all of Trump's rhetoric and vote for sound and solid policy"
American voters, in crucial swing states: *Fart*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Nichael posted:

I'm not voting for either of those guys in the primary (assuming we have an election [we will not]). Should they pull through the primary, you're right, they're milquetoast fuckers who won't be able to do it, and will likely lose as a result.

if only the democrats had a funny jewish insult comic in the senate...

I've been calling his office every week telling him to run for president. I doubt a single out of state voter will have much impact, but I'm trying

Though, honestly half of it is that I want to see what kind of hosed up skeletons he has in his closets

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Montasque posted:

Looking at the dem roster trying to see who could do it right...

Biden would just Biden. He would kick Trump's rear end, but he's 74.

Bernie... older than Biden.

Our only hope is ZUCK

Bad dem: Hillary, Cumo, Booker

Good dem: Biden

Hmmm, its almost like the policy doesn't matter as much as having good PR

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

A Handed Missus posted:

BERNIE BROS!!!!!! :argh:

I mean, I've seen that poo poo in this thread, and I'm gonna assume that accelerationists were far more likely to feel the bern than to have been Hillary backers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Montasque posted:

I am speaking purely on electability in the current environment, not on "GOOD" levels.

Biden's 'working class' swagger is exactly what Hillary lacked and he would have killed it in the rustbelt.

Oh, no doubt since he had real charisma, but its still laughable to think he isn't to the right of Hillary economically

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Venom Snake posted:

No candidate has ever won on being "nice" in America

I want to say HW did

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Squizzle posted:

they have some new illuminati pyramid of logos now?????

Now do one for the Bobcats *shudders*

Did you know that they were named the Bobcats in honor of the owner, Bob Johnson?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Some anime is very good, most anime is very bad

In conclusion, anime is a land of contrasts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

shiksa posted:

the internet was absolutely a mistake

Lowtax had no clue how right he was when he said "The internet makes you stupid"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Goddamn what a buncha cucks. Moderates worried about their seats? Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Cmon and :killing: already.

I think you meant :votegop:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/jordanmerrick/status/879771539658473477

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:sniff:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Karaoke is good, except when an entire sorority shows up and sings nothing but songs from disney cartoons

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Snuffman posted:

Even better! It's come out today that Trump's people want to control the script of what Trump-bot says, and Disney is having none of it.

I think they'll just shelve the bot and act like the Trump presidency never happened.

"We decided to just have Bannon come down and read the lines, since he is basically the president"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Soft disagree, pickups for the GOP will be just as difficult as Dem pickups, unless something huge happens to make the pendulum swing.

Its a real loving tough map, like there is 1, maybe 2 vulnerable repbulicans and shitload of vulnerable dems. This is the 2012 map, and Obama helped carry a bunch of senators in red states

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Philthy posted:

They could sell it as the military is strong because it is run by the government and a pile of cash. We want our healthcare to be military strong. We want to not only have the worlds greatest military, we want to have the worlds greatest health care. Say it's patriotic and poo poo so they don't look like a wussy Dem.

How has there not been a proposal called AmeriCare? That sounds like the kind of poo poo JFK and LBJ would have been all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Admiral Ray posted:

it was a class on processed meats, mostly spam and things like that. so odds are that he forgot to study and couldn't name all 55 kinds of spam.

Which of the following isn't typically an ingredient in SPAM:
A) Spices
B) Metal Shavings
C) Ham
D) All of the above

• Locked thread