Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
bernie is the reason that the president's orange

you gotta suck suck suck suck sukk zone sukk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

the OP really doesn't need to be anything more than "Bernie woulda won"

same but also every post in this thread

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

was this what they were talking about wrt running more vets? running people who washed out of training?

that would mean running more cops, which probably wouldn't sit well with a big chunk of the base

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/877318152564158467

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I wonder if a Republican constitutional convention would be enough to split the union.

that would likely be the reason they called one

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

try closer to 200k

yeah my school has over 10k grad students alone

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mormonpartyboat posted:

i, personally, am about 1,700 grad students

me, i'm a brown bear

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

for just one more day

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

What does David Yankovich actually do? The bio on his campaign website says something like "joined his mother in property management"

he runs the bates motel?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
how in the gently caress can we of all people not manage to doxx a guy running for federal office

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

can someone explain to me how the Clinton campaign "went high" at all, while we're on the subject

it was all negative campaigning, that's what "going low" means. "Going high" doesn't mean "positioning yourself as in opposition to racism," it means "running a policy-focused campaign"

reaffirming our dedication to civility politics and The Discourse™

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

david yankovich is pretty clearly a huckster and grifter looking to build his national profile

also his mom and dad will complain to the fec that their boy worked just as hard to win his race and he deserves a better grade

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

i feel obligated to hold the Barber speech up at every possible opportunity cuz i feel that sort of thing ought to be the democratic model moving forward

this one was better because it shuts up all the idpol vs economic arguments dumb people still have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUEmUVWd38

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

ok, the only recent thing I found about yanko was that he moved to WI from OH.

and if he's 47, as the one mylife match from OH with his name maintains, I wonder if this popo report is his (even tho middle initials don't match): https://www.policearrests.com/arrests/david_l_yankovich_id_7213711.html

wait why would a cia agent be arrested for doing their job

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

more congressional peckers are gonna get shot off before this is through and i can't say i feel the least bit sorry

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Smart enough to not order lots of yard sign Waaagh banners

check out my sick new yard sign concept do not steal

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

We have to make a direct appeal to the moderate Ba'athists

lol that might have actually saved iraq and prevented isis

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/22/533926978/census-finds-a-more-diverse-america-as-whites-lag-growth

quote:

Asian and mixed-race people are the two fastest-growing segments of the U.S. population, the U.S. Census Bureau says. Both groups grew by 3 percent from July 2015 to July 2016. In the same 12 months, the non-Hispanic white population grew by just 5,000 people.

Non-Hispanic whites remain the only segment of the U.S. population where deaths outpace births, the agency reports.

"While all other groups experienced natural increase (having more births than deaths) between 2015 and 2016," the Census says, "the non-Hispanic white alone group experienced a natural decrease of 163,300 nationally."

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

i went to grad school with an idiot who got hired by the cia. there was a mosque near the campus and he'd always cross the street so he wouldn't be walking near it because he was afraid they would kill him. they operated an awesome bbq restaurant next door and he'd freak out anytime post-conference dinners would be held there because they might "poison his food".

imagine if you will an organization staffed by the failsons and daughters of the elite, each convinced they are smarter than everyone else in the room, with no oversight and completely unwilling to accept any responsibility

imagine the same people but they're all mormons

that's the nsa

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

docbeard posted:

We probably do need a better way to convince the sort of mostly-healthy idiot who thinks they don't actually need health insurance at all right now that they would benefit from single-payer than gently caress YOU YOU SELFISH rear end in a top hat.

well that's easy we give everyone a lovely but treatable cancer and have them deal with the private insurance system for a year or so

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Even hybrid European systems like Swiss one which are not 100% government run still are vastly better than the US system since the health insurance industry is heavily regulated, not for profit

a bunch of insurance companies are nonprofit like the majority of blue crosses, and they're just as lovely as unitedhealth or cigna

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
2017 monkey paw strikes: mark zuckerberg is transformed into mort zuckerman a la 18 again or vice versa

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

new thomas pynchon sounds good

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

also democratic voters are trash in a dumpster when it comes to changing medicaid requirements:

:laffo: at the wildly different response on the last question

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

these jimmy dore show clips you keep posting are getting weird

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

the best part is deliberately mispronouncing appalachian and berating everyone else for it

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
does this mean dancers are slaves to the rhythm?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

I remember a delicious meltdown in USPol when a few posters were making fun of Hillary for letting Lynn de Rothschild host fundraisers for her. They were called anti-semites for describing her as a "cartoon villain."

lol that was me

the calling her a cartoon villain part, not the meltdown

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i might have said something about her strangling puppies for fun too but i can't remember

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

the best part about the stupid people going all (((antisemitism))) is she's not even jewish- she married into the family

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

it was the consistent polling that got, and still gets me.

Were the samples of the polling companies that biased and wrong?

the likely voter models were closer to the 2012 electorate

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Jun 28, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

well drat

it gets even better: the hillary cultists began reflexively defending it by claiming it gave the prison slaves valuable work experience they could use on their resumes when they got out

but they were citing a separate program which had been abolished by the federal courts nearly a decade earlier due to gross human rights violations

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

drat these people for getting out there and trying to affect positive change in a costume I don't like!!!

the republican congressmen are just gonna wonder what the gently caress a bunch of peopled dressed up like amish milkmaids are doing in their office

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite thing about the handmaid's tale is it's structurally the same novel as the turner diaries, except the metafictional reveal comes at the end instead of the preface

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

me personally I say gently caress the unborn, but I think you could make a lot of little red bow ties spin by talking about funding vitality technology or improving adoption infrastructure.

i firmly agree with the southern baptist stance that god made women to be subservient to their husband and accordingly their worth is purely as broodmares for righteous and godly men

however, god also thrives upon the souls of the unborn therefore access to abortion should be free and unrestricted and in fact abortion should be strongly encouraged to satisfy the lord's will

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ThndrShk2k posted:

Tinkle Trumps Hate

love trump's tinkle

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

Would it surprise you that we deregulated opiates? It wasn't a crazy idea, we tended to overlook pain as something that should be treated, when uh... it sucks and it's a good thing for people's well being to not be hurting all the time. But guess what, drug companies really wanted to sell those pain meds and they pushed and lobbied and put in paid articles in doctor's journals to make the stuff that was supposed to be for short term use also for long term use. And it worked, and so what if they got sued for misleading the FDA they still got their pills through and insurance companies are buying them and people are buying them and people are killing themselves for the chemical bliss that they can use to supplant a life drained of all meaning and hope.

the thing is the overdose deaths didn't really take off until after we cracked down on the pill mills

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why would OD deaths go up after a crackdown?

people who had been taking oxy switched to heroin

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

street drugs are unreliable as hell in dosage and purity

opioid overdoses aren't people intentionally taking a lot, it's people taking their usual hit and oops it's 3x potency

that's when they get ahold of fentanyl, eyeballing a shot based off the stepped on heroin they'd been using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

well yeah that's the point you don't want the riff-raff having access

• Locked thread