Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Plavski posted:

Am i in the 1% for thinking $15 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things?

No, not at all, it's pretty crazy value. I do wonder how my SC2 hours stack up against D3, but better I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Plavski posted:

Is it still LoN bombardment and Hammers forever?

Yep, same sader build.

Non-season is pretty nutso now, G144 clear on Korea, G139 on US, didnt' bother looking what EU is. Wonder how Blizzard will "punish" the Frailty exploiters. I think a rollback before Necro is the easiest, anything harsher seems dumb in terms of potentially killing off your user base.

Wizard is pretty nutso, fuczzang is a Korean streamer who fishes for solo G113 pretty regularly. One set that is fast for speed GRs (2-3 minute 80s for augments), bounties, solo and group play (hydra but it's a trap, save it for RG/1 yellow).

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

So then what's smarter: doing GR85s and taking 10-12 minutes, or doing 65s and finishing them in 3 minutes?

Picking wiz and doing G85s in 3 minutes with other lwiz and a zmonk

Real effort post, I would do the 65s till you have 66 gems, then do 70/75s etc. Swap to your support class and get carried by tryhards like DrSerrod to get gems past 80+

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How the hell are some of you gaining 900 paragon in a season? I've been playing since release and I'm only like paragon 940.

4 man G90+ is easy IF you roll a zmonk or zbarb (support classes). If the DPS is strong enough, it's pretty idiot proof, zmonk drops sanc and spams cyclone strike for heals, zbarb dishes out health globes and pulls elites together. If you want to play DPS, you're going to have to augment your gear and be ok with "only" getting 4 gem upgrades (5 for not dying).

I would ask LLJK last season if anyone had a zbarb/zmonk for groups, lightning wiz is strong enough to easily carry 80s.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

These days I mostly prefer to run in smaller groups because I loathe even the concept of group comp in 4-man GRs. I don't play Diablo to do support or zdps, I play to do mdps (much dps).

I play 4 mans to also play mdps (much dps). Curse you blizzard for making WD lovely without a bunch of DR buffs.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Virtue posted:

I don't understand why helltooth garg builds take Piranhas over acid rain. It seems like I'm just twiddling my thumbs most of the time when wall of death and piranhas are both on cd at it does less damage to boot. What am I missing?

Gargs are super dumb and rely on their cleave area damage to kill elites. Your playstyles would be to run around and find density, piranado, spirit walk into the crowd of poo poo you made and recast gargs. With grave injustice and enough mobs, you should be able to reset your cool down for the next pack.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

McCoy Pauley posted:

So with a relatively fresh lvl 70 wizard, and having just gotten the Tal 6-piece, is this the build I want to build towards first:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-arcane-torrent-build-with-manald-ring-and-tal-rasha-set-patch-2-6-season-11

That seems like a first step before the combined Tal-Vyr build. If that's right, what should I prioritize with gambling and crafting -- gamble for APDs and craft for Manald Heal?

APDs are for higher GR pushing, the shield bracers are good enough for 80s easily. APDs are annoying to roll since you want life per hit somewhere if you're going to solo push.

I would run bounties till you get a 7 attack/8 cdr rrog, upgrade rings to try and get a good manald or 8 cdr, 7 attack or 50 chd coe. The manald is really loving hard to roll right, and still get screwed by the secondary.

Make sure the fazula or swami you are wearing has maxed out secondaries, I would gamble ancients on that before I gamble for APDs.

Upgrading wands should be your first priority above all else. Aether walker and Starfire are used for solo so use the best ancient you get with attack speed/cdr and ideally damage%. Serpent sparker is "ok" for group stuff but I think necromans are taking over the RG killer role now. Throw your DBs into rings and amulet afterwards

Gamble for ancient tal, then gamble on that hat/belt then bracers.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
If I'm using tals, I'm either going tal/vyr and farming t13/GRs, or going flash fire wiz on t11 with the sage set for extra DBs, which takes up the boots slot.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Okay so from fiddling around a little bit as far as I can tell monk tanking is like this:

1) Run around being pretty squishy
2) Find mob group worth tanking
3) Epiphany and then teleport in, immediately drop cyclone strike and sanctuary followed by blinding flash and a hit of crippling wave to get up the buff.
4) Hold down M1 and mantra of healing
5) Refresh sanctuary, epiphany and cyclone as needed while blinding flashing on cd
6) Briefly step out/relocate as needed to avoid beefy poo poo like molten explosions or arcane sentries directly on you

Is there anything more than that? Sometimes I just seem to die instantly and I'm not sure why it happens but otherwise this seems to work pretty well.

Post your build/profile. If you find yourself squishy, you're probably letting your DR buffs drop (spirit guards and lefebvre's) when moving between setup locations. Get into the habit of punching the air if there's no mobs to proc spirit guards. You need perma epiphany/inner sanc, and you'll be able to teleport/dash to a mob with crippling wave or cyclone strike. Mantra of healing results in lousy heals, Cyclone strike - soothing breeze is actually the majority of the heals, and how you reset inner sanc.

1. Enter GR, stick with DPS, it's a lot easier with LoN WDs, but remember the DPS aren't wearing illusory boots, so they can easily get stuck on mobs. Let zbarb cast IP/charge ahead to find the spot for you to drop inner sanc (disregard if you're doing 1 zmonk/3 lightning wiz, then it's just cyclone strike elites).
2. Drop inner sanc, crippling wave+cyclone strike If you have plenty of spirit, pop your mantra, but you want to focus on cyclone strike spamming.
3. During this time the zbarb should have come back/dragged mobs to you and recast IP. If there's not enough density, stick with DPS and follow barb.

In general there should be a "shot caller" i.e. zbarb is best since it should be dropping IP, scouting ahead while pulling mobs to zmonk. If this doesn't happen, figure out real quick if DPS can kill the elites or not. It should be real obvious if you have enough density, the goal of a GR is to finish the rift as fast as you can, it is not to kill every elite. If you see bad affixes (juggernaut, teleporter, illusionist) feel free to skip if there's not enough mobs nearby.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Manald heal and rrog are the most important, farm bounties and upgrade rings. There's a bunch of 6 pc talk builds you can do till you find a MH.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

How about reforging hellfire amulets? Will it change the passive and can they roll ancient that way? This is the first time I've ever played a build that used hellfire so IDK if I should just be farming and crafting in mass or reforging.

You can't reforge hellfires

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Bob James posted:

You gotta be able to blow up a pack of goblins if you see them. Set the difficulty as high as you can go with that in mind.

This for sure. If you can't blow up gob packs, go down. That's the only dps meter I go by. Also what builds I go by too, if gobs easily escape build sucks

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Upgrade ceremonial knives. It used to be a dagger before they gave it the spirit barrage affix, so now it's a ceremonial knife with dagger attack speed.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Are you sure? It's still listed as a dagger in the game guide, even with the affix.

You could just check witch doctor leaderboards

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey I will take it compared to my non ancient one!

If your non-ancient isn't enchanted yet, it's a lot lot better than the primal you got sadly for Rathma mages, roll vit to 6 crit and you're set.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Gamble for armor pieces, upgrade (use DBs) on jewelry/weapons.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Manald heal in cube should be easy with all yellows on a wiz. Maybe the mage ring on necro too?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yep. I've never played this build before, but unlike some of the other LoN builds (LoN Frenzy Barb & LoN WD), this one felt especially tough. I died a few times just trying to kill the first elite pack. After a few resets and not really knowing what the hell I was doing, I closed it and may try again later in the week when people posts walkthroughs/guides on The Reddits. I just hope the Challenge Rift for the week Season 12 begins isn't a pain.

I played it like Impale DH, hunt for elites and then gtfo. The biggest thing for me was not holding down strafe, you're hatred negative, so you won't keep aquila up and with all the bees flying around you're going to die. Vault to the blue pack, wait till the blues cluster up then pet->vault in->FoK. Restart when one of the blues doesn't die.

The first level has a bunch of elites, but I got to 2nd level as fast as I could. After the blue pack room, head right and then left, I managed to FoK 2 yellows, if you miss, you could grab the conduit and backtrack but I'm not sure it's worth. Second level is decent, just pet+vault into yellow and FoK each yellow you come across. Get the third level as fast as you can, the channeling pylon by 2 yellows helped spawn RG, and I managed to 1 shot him with maybe a dozen stacks/CoE.

Keep aquila up with evasive fire, don't hold strafe, mash vault till you don't have discipline, line up your FoK with at least lightning CoE if not Pets.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

you can't realistically stack enough vitality to not get one shot without your buffs as a DH and that only becomes more true, so diamonds beat out amethysts in almost every case.

I mean this as helpfully as possible: are your spell effects turned all the way up? Sometimes a coldsnap or a lightning ball will proc and if your spell effects are down maybe you might not be able to see it as well before you die?

Added sVr to the OP, he's streaming WoW ATM, man that game hasn't really changed at all in the 10 years I been gone really. if anyone finds any other good D3 streamers post em up

twitch.tv/fuczzang
twitch.tv/dantatv

Koreans testing on PTR, I haven't chatted with fuczzang but Danta will do his best to respond to chat comments in English. Fuczzang's the best wizard streamer I've seen. Danta plays all classes. I still put sVr as the man to watch if he's on, but that might be my lack of Korean

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
There's no area damage cap, get as much as you from shoulders/gloves/rings/weapon. Amulet is too valuable to roll AD on.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm mostly going to play my firebat witch doctor in groups. All the guides recommend unity in the cube, but is there a good recommendation for something I can Cube for the jewelry slot that will be useful in groups?

CoE for more damage really, I wouldn't play firebats unless you have proper support classes that let you sit and spin, and the support classes should have occulus rings already. Hopefully your zmonk buddy will help you along throughout the rift, it's really easy to get stuck with spirit walk on cool down.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Pain Enhancer can stack more damage than Gogok in high density rifts if you're really pushing high GRs. That's my guess.

Yeah it's this. If your screen isn't lagging you probably don't have enough mobs anyways to make progress on whirlybarb.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I think with no ancient weapons I did a 70 within 5 minutes on Bell monk. Mediocre ancients got me a decent 90 with no augments. With in-geom I can carry 75s in 2-3 minutes, so yeah it's pretty good. While uliana is cool and all, once I got 6 piece SWK I was blasting t13s.

It is only a couple gear swaps to farm DBs with sage+LTK as well.

E: Vvv your best bet is to use lovely SWK rolled pieces and to convert them in the cube till you get an amulet (20 DBs/souls)

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 26, 2017

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Pretty much all the sets have g90 clearing potential from the power creep. Look at the leaderboards and you'll see g110s being worked on.

It's a fun time

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Any goons on NA doing rat runs? I'd like more xp, I've got zbarb and znecro geared up. Blasting 75s on Bell monk for augments gets boring after a while.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Sagers posted:

Bell Monk is squishy but I can make up for it with the Agility Mantra, Epiphany, and the dash that improves dodge. It helps that the DPS is crazy high but I see big differences between using In-geom for quick dashing vs Kyoshiro's blade for DPS i.e. being able to speed through the rift and being able to DPS hard enough that resource isn't an issue.

I cheese Bell Monk with avarice+gold wrap. Pop epiphany at the beginning then just zip around. There's one map in particular that has 1 elite every 3 screens, but other than that t13 rift clears are super fast. I didn't find I needed Kyoshiro's blade damage wise up to G75ish, still getting 3 minute clears. Not showing rings but I go with SoJ/Avarice/boon+trapped+zeis for rifts, SoJ/CoE/powerful+trapped+zeis for GRs.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GTJustin-1969/hero/81006479

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

This is my first season ever. I have a Sunwuko monk that can do GR95 comfortable enough but seems to not have the DPS to push higher. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to improve the character beyond a few more Caldesanns though it will be nigh on impossible to get a better amulet and rings than my current non-Ancient ones. Is 95 considered high? I'd like to be able to clear a 100.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mills-6466/hero/96717237

Occy ring on your follower is mandatory, it's a 75-85% dmg buff when you're in the circle. I prefer templar for heals+spirit regen, throw tfury/occy ring/unity/templar token (upgrade yellow tokens from blacksmith till you get an invincibility one).

Gear wise I think you're fine, but I would roll your vengeful wind 10% dmg to life per hit. Drop the belt for a witching hour, Kyoshiro's Soul doesn't really do much since you only lose sweeping wind stacks when you don't attack mobs. Just get in the habit of tapping sweeping winds when you enter/leave new levels. I'd start looking for a unity ring on your monk, I think hardcore uses zodiac, softcore can go for more damage.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

I took the re-roll costs on that weapon to 5 mio per roll to get the 10% damage, and passed up perfect CDR several times along the way which is what I had thought the alternative was going to be!

It's a good idea to check leaderboards for whatever class you're pushing. Ignore the 5000 paragon/120+augments on primal gear, but do take notice of the gear rolls. Life per hit is usually on a fist or bracers for SWK Monk, can't deal damage if you're dead all the time.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

Sunwuko monk back again.

Found a new Vengeful Wind and having trouble deciding between the two.

3084.6 DPS
1551-1895 Damage
10% Damage (this can be re-rolled)
974 Dex
17% AD
+238 Experience

2956.1 DPS
1558-1866
+917 Dex
+6% AS
+23,524 Lph
+14 Max Spirit
(Anything can be re-rolled)

They seem very similar baseline damage to me. One with almost MAX LPH, one with good AD, both with the ability to re-roll one thing (to LPH or AD or CDR). Maybe the first one does slightly more base damage, but it's AD roll isnt perfect, whereas the other one has almost perfect LPH.

Any thoughts?

Assuming they both have 7 stacks of sweeping wind, second one attack speed->CDR imo.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Well, turns out I already had a Fazula's Improbable Chain. Is there any way of bumping it from ilvl61 to ilvl70?

Just wear it till you get another one. Stat wise you're only missing maybe 100 int/vit for not having a lv 70 item. I found Fazula's easier to gamble for than a useable Swami

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Post your build, SWK bells smashes t13/70s with no ancients

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

Oh, right. Where would I find that?

I did manage the GR70 in about 9 minutes I think, so I have room to progress a little, but I got instagibbed once so it wasn't as easy as I'd like.

I searched for my b.net tag and it pulled up. I would drop sixth sense/harmony for NDE, depending on what your secondary res looks like.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Chasing an In-Geom for my DH's cube and yeah... it's not going well.

Check the cube if DH can even use In-geom, unless they changed it I don't think they can equip a sword, thus you can't select it

VVV you're right, they can, looks like it's just hell to get on DH. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/4jgbxd/can_i_get_ingeom_as_a_dh/

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 12, 2018

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Quoting myself for level 1 gambles. I don't enough has changed to make this outdated.

I plan to wait till 27 for manald heal as a drop.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have no problems dumping, it's getting the fury in the first place. I've taken to using weapon throw just so I can get a hit or two before the screen is obliterated.

Think there's a furious charge rune that gives you fury based on mobs hit. Charge till your fury bar is up, dump fury to reset WoB, rinse and repeat. Combine some raekor set pieces to get all the FC runes too.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Khorne posted:

I have two choices before me and very limited playtime this season.

(1) Play DH or barb
(2) Use my 5 level 100 gems to augment my vyr manald wiz further

You gotta play impale DH at least once. It's so drat tanky, easy to gear for and you'll save a bunch of mats with the easy weapon upgrade. The play style doesn't really change so if you don't like sniping elites you can always focus on the Barb or try for the nats+marauder build.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

5er posted:

Don't do Twister on console. Orb is way less frustrating. DMO is frustrating enough as it is on a console version as you can only spawn time bubbles either on yourself directly, or on a targeted enemy. Energy Twister's already unwieldy movement nature makes the Raging Storm rune on just about every dmo twister build out there rather tricky to reliably exploit, and the console's target methodology makes it a headache and a crapshoot to combine tornadoes. Frozen Orb is far more reliable/less stressful.

While targeting sucks on console, twister is so broken it doesn't really matter. It's more a game of staying alive and throwing twisters. I put together a tal FO for rifts and GRs to get gear and gems until I had enough DMO pieces and I easily jumped from g70s to g90+ with lousy gear.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Is any class able to fit in Cain's set for t16? Surprised there weren't that many builds on b.net or diablofans using it. My understanding is it's only an extra key each rift, and not an extra key per drop? Maybe that's why.

Also I've got a vyr Chan wiz looking to do g100+ stuff. I'll post more in lljk chan when I'm on but doing solo GRs for augments gets boring. P1000, half way augmented.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for that post, I'll have to craft some and try it myself. I think I can get away with just swapping belt+hat when RG spawns, I'd lose gold wrap and swami but should be fine. Up to 7/8 keys per rift would be sweet, especially since I'm no longer farming for DBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Anyone still playing in seasons? Kind of stuck at progress, p1350. Seems like everyone is running g130+ in communities, and I've never played with a star pact wiz before. I've done plenty of basic zbarb/zmonk stuff, from the guides I've seen there's some timing you want to coordinate with the wiz so the proper dmg buffs are lined up? Anyone have any other pointers? I've watched a few guides (lexyutv) on the group stuff.