Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Doesn't the X banner go live on Friday? If so, I'm waiting for Tidus to be in the pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Looks like I should spend time to farm elemental tears. Hopefully, that won't take too long.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
In my 10+1 super pull, I got a Reberta and Greg. Greg is supposed to be pretty nice with his enhancement, right?

I thought I remembered reading Reberta will chain with Orlandu. Is that right, or did I make that up?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Wilhelm + Tilith are a drat good pair for the counter attack mog raid. First turn Tilith cures everything while Wilhelm buffs defense and spirit. Managed to clear all the missions with no one dying thanks to those two.

Can Wilhelm break? That's what makes WoL so great to me. R1, he can ATK/MAG break and R2 (after Rikku buffs everyone), he can DEF/SPR break.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Palleon posted:

I've been sick to death of having no 5* DPS so I decided to go all in on this banner, used 69 tickets and an 11 pull.

3 Rikku (do I need more than 1?)
18 Wakka
Dark Fina 2
Setzer 3
Xon 2

Aaand that's about it of note. Everyone else a duplicate that I have no need for or garbage tier.

Someone else who has more knowledge of the JPN game can probably give a better answer, but the only reason I can think of needing more than 1 is the 10 man split team raid I've heard about. Would be nice to have a Rikku on each squad.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is WoL's description wrong?

Warriors Pride says there's a chance of restoring HP/MP after receiving a physical attack.
The wiki says magical and that's what my experience says.

Light is with us! says chance of taking physical damage for an ally.
The wiki says chance to protect all with damage mitigation. Because of the description, I've not used it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Skyridge posted:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but Razzmatazz makes Laswell one of the best Arena units right now. With Dual Wield, Exorcising Storm hits the entire enemy party with a 30% chance to petrify/sleep 4 times.

I put it on Luneth, but Laswell is a pretty good thought.

Separate Question: I have 2x TGCs as chainers. This week, I pulled Reberta and Gilgamesh. I read Gilgamesh is a pretty great finisher after enhancements. Would he or Reberta be better for my team now?

Not sure who I'd swap out though. Current raid team is TGC, TCG, WoL, Rikku, Tillith, Friendlandu

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is global. Dont expect US specific holidays like the 4th of july to be even glanced at, specially when such a large part of the playerbase is in asia.

We got a Christmas special and God and Jesus are exclusively American.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cry Havoc posted:

is ilias worth using with the salve bug? guess they could always end up fixing it in the future

My problem is figuring who he'd replace in my lineup. Tillith? Nah. Rikku? Nah.

I hate using up items for him to do his job.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

SpaceDrake posted:

In his current state, he can straight-up out-perform Tilith, though. The only thing he cannot do is AoE full raise, and I remain unconvinced of the practical utility of that skill. About the only thing he lacks is AoE debuff cleanse.

Doesn't it use one of an item when you use his ability? I doubt I have that many Y-pots

What's your item spec out now?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I know the dates were listed, but I wish Gumi would pick a day for MK turn-in. Either make it to maintenance or not.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

If I pull a 5* today, I want to make sure I get the mats I need to level him. Otherwise, purecrysts.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Echophonic posted:

I have 20 of her moogles from the Bahamut event on the off chance I get a second one.

I got rid of those and kept Fry's. Guess which of those 2 I pulled.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

Support wise you're looking for Lunera or saving for Roy later.

For Healing you'll definitely want to get Ayaka.

Why Lunera over Rikku? She seems to be pretty amazing.

What does Ayaka give that Tillith doesn't?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Midlife Crisis Jake is mad that his hair is no longer luscious and cool.

He mad.

Anyway, I just lost twice in the last two days in the Arena, I noticed that an enemy Rikku was the culprit both times.

Time to replace Reberta with Rikku. :getin:

What's she doing that's the problem? With status effects back, I switched out Rikku for Ling.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

The enemy AI really likes to use Hyper Mighty Guard, maybe because I've left them no other choice but to use limit bursts and regular attacks with Rem's Siphon Delta.

It's hard to kill people if they keep rezzing.

Bushido Freedom?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
So, I guess we're not getting a coin deal. Amazon'

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Everyone's burning their tickets? Shooting for something or just because?

I figured I'd hold mine for a bit.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Re: Zodiac Spear value - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6mufrr/tip_gl_buy_zodiac_spear_if_you_can/

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

rabidsquid posted:

i thought the ability enhancements were today :saddowns:

Yeah, what's up with that? Anyone know when they happen?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KDdidit posted:

Had a dream I pulled a rainbow and it was Nine, so I sent a customer support ticket. Woke up hoping I'd get a real rainbow, but I got Gau. Welp, thanks for reading my story.

In the good ole days, that Gau could've been a rainbow.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tengama posted:

Managed to do the robot fight in about 4 hrs over 3 sessions using a variation on this strat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ofx86/global_aigaion_megathread/dki0r6q/

I don't have Eileen so I used my Emperor and a Tanky (7200~ HP) friend Zarga. My Rikku and Cecil have Maxed LBs and Cecil had his cover Awakened to +2 and Rikku had the Overdrive fist equipped which the link didn't mention. Only things I had to do different were:

Who got hit with left fist each turn and how did you handle that?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Robot down, and lord, did that suck. I hope to never fight a battle that long again.

Took the better part of the afternoon with strategy from last page.

Team was

WoL/Cecil/Rikku/Emperor/Tillith/Friend Eileen

I didn't want Eileen, but couldn't find better on my list. Her refresh was huge early on.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cartoon Man posted:

The 10+1 ticket will pull units from the general pool. Nier is time sensitive like Brave Frontier, but while it's active, those units will be in the general pool. So yes, if you wait for Nier to use the ticket, you have a very small chance that a Nier unit will show up. However, there will be no boosted drop rates, so you're just as likely to get Bedile, Shadow, or Anzelhm as you are a Nier unit.

"Just as likely," riiiiight.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Teketeketeketeke posted:

What's anybody's record for most Alma pulls in a row? I got a streak of four.

I think I got 2 or 3 in a row off-banner a while back. She's at 85% for me now.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Is there any point in holding on to the 10+1 we just got? Seems like a lot of people are using them.

Am I crazy for considering holding it for the Nier banner?

That's what I'm doing. Or Veritas of the Dark.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

But if I have War of the Lions, I don't need to buy it again, right? I have the original (iPhone?) and War of the Lions. Is this another new version?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm at 23k Lapis, 98 tickets, 1 4*, and 11 EX tickets. I know I should save for Nier, but I kinda want to take more stabs at DV, even though I have 2 TGCs and pulled 2 EVs, 2 Vickys and 3 TIMMAYs.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hamsystem posted:

Oh hey, GL exclusive Marlboro trial. Let's see here: "Type: Plant and Demon." *looks over at Firion, gives slight nod*

And still happy I bought 12 Poaches.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm still sharing out beefy Agrias.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Always gets me when I leave my macro running, remote in to check on it, and some how I am on the Pham continent...HOW?

I asked the same question and was told, "It happens sometimes."

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

NinjaDebugger posted:

If the app crashes while you're not in a battle, it will take you to the main screen when it logs back in, from there, the button press sequence will take you to various places. Mine currently goes to a town in Olderion.

Ahh... that makes sense. Thanks.

That's a tougher problem for the scripts to solve than crash in a battle.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
So, A2 looks pretty nice.

Eve still looks like troll gold.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Does anyone have updated Memu macros to get around the new "please login again" issues?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

Same thing happening on Nox. I don't think there's much we can do about it though because the issue seems to be that when you log in and your recent data is reset clicking world sends you to the most recent story section you completed.

Ah, didn't know it was a saved location. That's what I get for progressing past Earth Shrine.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Benthalus posted:

It'd be nice if the pubbies in my friend's list would equip their units with paralysis resist so I don't wipe on Engels.

But that's pubbies for you.

Just have a unit with the ability to status heal. Anyone can use Rikku's pouch.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
This, but not everyone has the firepower.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

Get to work on grinding those Garnets then! I've only got 1 of her TM, recently rolled 2 more of her and regretting every day that I mushed 7 of her.

Yep. 20% resist all is awesome. I'm working on my 3rd.

I think "Please Login Again" is server side because it's much better today.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Nuebot posted:

Dang, in one night I dropped from 7k to 13k in ranking.

Yeah, I don't get arena. I constantly fight the top opponent and can't break 4K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Captaindirtnap posted:

Related Question: Who else can I reliably chain with? I can't quite get Orlandu/DV to work despite seeing the same chain frames. What gives?

She does with TGC and DV, but it's hard. She moves and they don't, iirc.

• Locked thread