Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I never saw the original too many cooks and had only seen the 2016 election one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

saw this today and it reminded me of an old classic

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/949747462465470464/video/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFfxTZA6ao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BigDave posted:

Where I come from, 'VFW' is code for 'where dad gets drunk on Friday nights because it's meat raffle night'.

And $2 pulltab nights.

Anybody remember 'Life with Louie'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PRpWHjBDK4

cats lick the butter

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm shocked that an idiot like that made master sergeant

Auto promotion when he became executioner.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Everyone’s favorite pittsburgh troll (tori_cmos aka pittsburgh fentanyl cloud) has said that pcos bill is a frequenter of the pittsburgh reddit and he complains that its hard to ride a motorcycle weighing over 300 lbs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It’s him. He apparently doxxed tori and tried to point out his pittsburgh posts on SA. :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of the c-spam IKs has been chain probing DR.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sharing this here instead of the ce thread where i was making jokes about poppers, I didn't really know anything about them except they were somehow involved with anal sex until a few months ago. A group of us were out for a friend's birthday, and she wanted to go to the sex shop. While the ladies of the group were examining their putative purchases at the counter, one of the guys in the group (who just got a new girlfriend) says he's out and asks the guy behind the counter if he can "take a look at that box of poppers." The clerk dutifully responded "sir, that's the illegal term for the product, you have to leave." Our friend, a state attorney, looks incredulous at the clerk and responds "i'm sorry?" in a questioning and semi-apologetic tone. The clerk tells him again "You have to leave. Now." Right now, our friend is bright red and sheepishly embarrassed because he was quietly trying to get some stuff for buttsex with his new gal and now every eye in the store is firmly fixed upon him. He asked if he could stand just past the anti-theft stuff in the foyer where they check IDs before allowing you inside. He was told "No. You have to go all the way outside. Now."

It wasn't even my birthday and he gave us all the best present he could imagine. This happened at the start of april and we all still laugh over it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Our resident seabee has a degree in anthropology, and despite all of the spiders already having names I'm curious his thoughts on this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That lecture owns. Reminds me of a prof in history of the ancient world that has the published theory attributing original civilization to the creation of beer in the tigris and euphrates valley circa 5000 bc iirc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

just read the best description for bitcoin ever: imagine if you left your car idling 24/7 and it gave you solved sudokus that you can trade for heroin.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

didn't dogrates get milkshake ducked

I'm pretty sure that was the racism watchdog. Dogrates got some poo poo because they sometimes change the names of the dogs they post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

i also hate everything about my life that i said those words and moreso that other people read it, understood it, and replied to it

the future is poo poo

It only goes downhill from here. I can't wait for hurricane season.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think my av got changed. I'm almost certain it used to be a .jpg. now it's a gif that flips after it sits long enough :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah I've seen it flip lately and thought that's just how it always was but just didn't notice

I'm pretty sure that's new, but I could be crazy. Today is the first time I've ever seen it flip.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beer is the reason corn exists as we know it today in the americas and was the impetus for mesopotamian civilization in the old world.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

So back in 2014 I filed a VA claim for my left shoulder, because I'd been having problems with it for years and it started in Iraq.

The claim was denied because of lack of evidence. So I appealed.

During the course of the appeal the VA did an MRI of my neck and shoulder, then denied my claim because they found nothing wrong with my shoulder. This was May of last year.

Today I learned that the MRI showed my neck is all kinds of hosed up.

All of my cervical vertebrae have bone spurs, most of them have arthritis, and one of them has a herniated disc. These issues are causing the spaces where the nerves going to my arms and shoulders come out of my spinal cord to shrink, possibly impinging on the nerves themselves. So it appears my shoulder issues are actually caused by my hosed up neck.

The VA has known this since May of last year. They never told me that there was anything wrong with my neck, just "your shoulder is fine, claim denied."

So now I'm taking my case to an attorney. I'm going to try go get them to 1) approve a claim for my neck and 2) backdate the claim to when I filed for my shoulder, because clearly this is the same goddamned issue and they clearly withheld information. "Well, your shoulder is fine. Not gonna mention how these issues might be caused by your neck, though."

loving VA.

You probably don’t need an attorney for that. Also do not use any attorney that tries to charge you (because legally they’re not allowed). Did you use a VSO when you filed the original claim? If not go see a VSO asap.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Remember I posted the one dispensary that's offering a 20% discount and joked that at least they weren't so on the nose that they did 22%. Well, one of other dispensaries just sent me an ad and they're doing 22% because 22 vets kill themselves a day. Big loving advertisement that includes the text "this sale is not stackable with veterans discount."

I dunno. This poo poo rubs me the wrong way. I'm all about raising suicide awareness. I don't think that it should be a marketing tool like this, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Naked Bear posted:

Question: are any of those proceeds going to an organization that helps vets, or are they otherwise helping vets at all? If not, that's a lovely marketing gimmick and they can go gently caress themselves.

None that they mention at all. That's something I specified in the email I wrote back.

Edit:

Am I crazy or is this just kindof lovely:

quote:

National Suicide Prevention Week

National Suicide Prevention Awareness is about the power of connection. Suicide can affect anyone and this epidemic is high among our veterans. Please join us tomorrow Friday, September 14th for a promotion to help bring awareness and connect with others. See you there!

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 14, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Do you mean they can't charge me up front, or they can't charge period? Because the latter doesn't really make sense to me.

There are specific limits to what lawyers are legally allowed to charge veterans for VA claims. The agency pays fees for successful claims, iirc, and it usually costs veterans zero out of pocket.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The last lawschool vetgoon was toona the cat and he mortgaged his house to pay for school, cheated on his wife with his study partner and ended up getting divorced, and eventually lost that study partner i believe to more drunken infidelity.

On a scale of 1 to toona how bad are we talking?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Until he pulls through and does his power hour (and pepper spraying?), he will always be a bitch.

Smoke crack fell through on a power hour, hence his bitchness is everlasting.

It was some dude living in hawaii that failed to OC himself which led to woof doing it in his place because woof ain't no bitch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Flikken posted:

Didn't someone actually purchase and send the spray to Hawaii guy.

I think it was the guy that was live posting thinking about cheating on his wife at a Christmas party on to find out she's been lurking the forum that sent the spray.

So much history here

That was beanie that was getting snooped on by mrs beanie, and he very well may have supplied the oc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

beanieson posted:

Oh poo poo. I don’t remember that name from the old cop threads.

E: I’m just assuming he was a cop since he shot a POC

He wasn’t a cop when he posted here. He stopped posting in GIP while still in the army after getting in trouble re: foot damage from dumb ruckmarch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

With florida mmj, you can have up to a 70 day supply of whole flower, oral inhalation, and edible marijuana. A 70 day supply is currently capped at 1/4lb of whole flower (imagine a gallon ziplock bag full if you've never personally handled a qp of fluffy nugs)(limited to purchase of 2.5 ounces every 35 days), and 14000mg for both inhalation and edible. All vapes fall under inhalation. Concentrates can fall under your inhalation or edible allowance because you can technically eat a bit of shatter and it'll function just like any other edible or you can dab it and inhale. And then pills and other edibles (whenever they finally hit the market) take up your edible allowance.

It would take a lot to actually use up to the cap on a personal level.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

getting my medical card got me to get off all my other psych meds ( with doc approval, of course) and I've been better mentally than I have been in 5 years. ive also lost 170 lbs since i got my card.

or i can do lexipro and a fuckload of other pills and never get orgasms again

Your story is not uncommon. Medical pot really does help a lot of people, and swapping pot for alcohol in either a recreational or self-medicating context leads to happier people and significant weight loss.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i wasn't drinking much at all. maybe a beer once every couple of months at a social thing but otherwise nada.

I feel ya. I'm meaning people in general.

torn hip + alcohol + shittons of pills from army/navy docs and the va had me at around 210. I was fat. I look at old pictures of myself and I'm just like "ugh" but now I'm in better shape than I was while in (thanks to no alcohol) and down to around 155. I've been lifting weights again and actually enjoy running now. I do take a few bong rips before working out, though. THC's bronchodilator seems to make it easier to breathe while running.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

2013 I started law school. If I could go back to 2013 and just change that, I would.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's seriously true. Removing almost all booze and sugary drinks (soda, juices, flavored coffees, etc) will cause you to just shed weight regardless diet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Was it the same goon as that something-pilot (?) poster that was some for of infamous GBS superstar with like two pages of bans under their belt and like four digits worth of money spent on the forums?

That's vilepilot, and I don't think he was ever a gip poster other than just to come in and get banned again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Posting this in what I think is the most appropriate thread.

First, loving :lol: that PCOS_Bill was Aran and at least one mod knew. If you don't know, Aran was one of the first ever permas and is the founder of Something Sensitive.

If you're not up on the forums drama, last night former and now permabanned d&d mod party planes jones was found to have been a very active participant on a bunch of nazi and alt-right discords. Koalas March and Jeffrey of YOSPOS both responded that they knew and PPJ was running deep cover to keep an eye on extreme groups. He then self-permabanned.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Makes it even funnier to me that Ralp thought I was leaking the mod board when in 2019 they actively have this poo poo going on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving :lol: at that "oh noooo"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fallom posted:

Where’s the roll-up thread containing that discovery

If you really want to read poo poo, here's PPJ's thread trying to explain himself - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802

he self permaed not long after posting that. the pcos_bill stuff is the part that has me really headscratching more than anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Where has all of this poo poo been breaking open? I’ve been having a hard time keeping track of what’s been going on but I get the feeling there’s more Nazi trash here than there should be.

cspam, and it's not really very easy to follow because half the people are just yelling into the void. this started lastnight when recently permabanned and long time generally crazy poster spammed a few boards with threads about how PPJ was hanging out in a bunch of nazi discords and posted chat logs of some egregious examples. permabanned poster gets banned, bunch of people continue yelling about the original permaban. KoalasMarch comes out and says that he's doing it for the good of the board and had actually helped keep her from getting doxxed. Lots more of PPJ's posting comes out, he tries to delete logs on discord, posts some long winded explanation (linked above), has both KM and Jeffrey come out and say he was doing it for us. Then even the nazis make accounts to post logs saying that he was one of their most active chatters and was trying to bury his tracks. PPJ then self permabans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smiling Jack posted:

I have no idea what is going on but I used to get probated for calling PCOS a Nazi.

and that was the guy who owned something sensitive and had been banned for being a nazi during the helldump heyday. I still don't know why he was allowed to continue posting for years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

You take that back!

Saint suck!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ded posted:

When you compress MMA into something like this, it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_wzBJrLqg

My only beef with that is they didn't add the part where Khabib was yelling at Conor while beating him on the ground "YOU WANNA TALK?! TALK NOW!"

After one of the rounds, McGregor tried to calm down Nurmagomedov by telling him "it's just business" and then got beat some more.