Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

an actual dog posted:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows what makes them the most money better than we do lol

Eh that is an assumption you can only make of you assume companies always make the logical correct decision.

But they are run by people so they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sam Faust posted:

It's not the same guy. From what I checked all we know about prime 4's team is that the producer is Kensuke Tanabe who produced the 3 main prime games as well as the new donkey kong games and a bunch of other stuff. Other M was produced and directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. Sakamoto is the producer for samus returns though.

Luckily it's a remake so I doubt returns will have the same problems

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

a messed up horse posted:

it makes Diablo 3 real fun to play

It's also cool in X-com

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

OK, and it is a fully functioning handheld. You don't ever need to dock it.

If Nintendo doesn't see it as one then it doesn't really matter considering the discussion at hand.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Because releasing games for your new console is good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like it's pretty obvious it's a console that can go handheld but it's not the focus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I honestly can't tell if these Blades are fake. But I'm holding out hope that there are enough tolerable ones that I don't feel bad playing XC2.

...do they have different appearances, am I going to be Stuck With Anime Tity Forevar

Well those three posted don't have any tits so there ya go

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bayonetta is a drag performance. It's a mockery of the standards of sexuality through exaggeration, and it's no coincidence every opponent she has are strange sexless alien automatons, in order to enhance the contrast.

CineD as gently caress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rolo posted:

All I did was laugh at it and voice my opinion that it’s creepy as poo poo. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to like it.

Goons get hyper defensive about their anime titty game, news at eleven.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

They're all linear, but I never felt constricted the way Sun and Moon made me feel. Getting rid of HMs and Gyms isn't the Breath of the Wild treatment. Letting me choose which gym I wanna tackle and when would be.

Also this:

This so so bad in Sun and Moon. It was terrible in X/Y too, with the kids always following the main character. It never feels like you're the main character on an adventure. It feels like you're tagging along in their adventure and doing the heavy lifting. Also Hau has zero depth. He is happy 100% of the time and only talks about Masala. So boring.

I'm hoping that Pokemon can get reworked into something with a bit more minalism and an expanded post-game. I haven't beaten Ultra Sun yet. But boy do I miss the Battle Tower and Subway.

Letting you choose what gym to tackle first is a terrible idea.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought the new PS4 port of Star Ocean 4 instead. I guess I’ll have to make do with slightly less anime.

You bought the game that is more anime if we are doing a scale system.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

From what I’ve seen of XC2...nah.

Unless you have already played SO4 you are looking at the wrong game friend.

SO4 is anime in strange and confusing ways, with little attempts to blunt it with localization.

Unless by anime you mean big boobs but that would be dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’ve put more than a hundred hours into SO4. Also I’ve never played it in English.

Oh then yeah I don't know what to tell you, your just wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I guess they're technically possible to miss but they're marked as obviously as possible both on your minimap and compass.

Though the maps sucks.

My one big complaint about the game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d rather have another spiritual successor like Bloodborne and not a sequel since 2/3 weren’t that great.

3 was almost obnoxious with the clumsy callbacks to 1 and 2 was just a lovely designed forgettable game. Both aren’t terrible but they don’t feel as inspired as Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

2 and 3 are much better than Demon.

Though it's not that hard since demon isn't very good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Please god no bloodborne.

I like the game well enough but it just isn't very interesting setting wise

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

Bloodborne's got the best setting and lore and god drat it's hosed up and wonderful, but Sony owns the IP so we wouldn't be seeing a sequel.

Lol best setting and lore.

Compared to loving what

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

KingSlime posted:

...to the other games in the franchine, presumably?

Lol big, if true

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rolo posted:

Why can’t it come out and you just not buy it?

I don’t like a thing so I hope it doesn’t come out at all!

Because they don't have unlimited resources so they are going to have to favor a thing to get it done. They aren't going to release a bloodborne and souls game at the same time.

Come on bro think it through.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

KingSlime posted:

I don't know, it definitely has its strengths, and the inspiration it takes from literature is super rad. DS2's almost fairy-tale like setting was kinda fun to get lost in though, and DS1 was really refreshing to me after not having played a proper modern dark fantasy action game in a long time (mostly stuck to metroidvanias)

My least favorite was DS3 in terms of atmosphere. "Here's dark souls 1 but it's all faded and mutated and washed out." It had its neat moments but they were very sparsely peppered between an oddly bland and boring world that betrayed the creativity behind some enemy designs

That's why I like 3, it's a dying world and it feels like it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

404notfound posted:

If you don't perform it just right you do a fat roll regardless of your equip load

Waggle for I frames

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spacebump posted:

BOTW is the GOAT open world game. A huge reason why the game is great is how you just wander around. Pick a spot on the map that looks cool and you will find something. No other open world game has felt the same.

Will you find something.

My biggest issue with BOTW is exploring felt great but you never found anything worth looking for

Which is why I got bored and quit playing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes. The basic underlying character-writing and themes are pretty unsalvageable, Samus or no.

It's also really clunky.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

So Nintendo only wins awards when they are making good systems to put good games on. Thanks for this insight :thumbsup:

Well his point is that it's a multiplier not that the games or bad or anything.

But I know reading comprehension isn't as fun as being smug.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

Nah it reeks of console warrior nonsense so I will make fun it.

You can do that sure but could you manage to do it in a funny way next time?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I doubt xc2 is going to get anything other than content patches or minor patches.

It is going to but they are not reformatting the map, no matter how necessary it is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Same va, and they’re fine.

Yeah Mythra seems fine.

She's Pyra but angrier.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh noooooo

I liked XBCX enough to play it twice, complaints aside. I think I'll be alright.

It's a good game, with issues.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The issues: anime tiddies

I was talking about the map.

It's bad, insanely so.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Laterite posted:

Disgaea 5 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Is one more kid-friendly than the other? I'd be playing with my kids watching alongside, maybe sometimes letting my daughter take the reins depending on her interest.

How do you feel about big tits.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I think Xenoblade has more anime titties if that's the kind of child-friendly you're more worried about. Disgaea doesn't have none though, but they're usually less front-and-center.

The later Disgaeas all blend together to me but I think the story is pretty kid-friendly. It's a turn-based game so that seems pretty good for controller-sharing

That was why I ask, both games have kid friendly stories but if big tits are a solid no then neither game will work.

Gameplay wise I think a kid would like Xenoblade more tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Kids in america wont know what shite or arseholes are anyway

Well one character does tell another to go die in a fire.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

KingSlime posted:

The target audience is children. American children to be more specific.

Hope that helps!

Lol JRPGs haven't been for children since the 90s.

Teens at the earliest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I have been using the fourth and the character is fine.

You have to build it up a little beforehand but not much.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I try to avoid as much fighting as I can get away with. It's really bad.

What the combat in XB2 is really cool.

Simple to understand and has things that can be abused to satisfy numbers must go higher guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bleck posted:

This is a thing that people very often say about Bad Games

I know and it doesn't apply to xenoblade.

The combat system takes like 6 hours to open up unless you start doing sidequests, which is quicker than Persona 5

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Quit your job, abandon your family and ignore your bills. Only then can you truly understand how good this game about anime swords that have huge tits really is

It’s really good op

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Same could be said about XB1 except the difference is that XB1 was actually legit good

The combat in 2 is leagues better than 1.

It's not even close. I like 1 but it's combat is kind of garbage.

Though 2 is better in most ways sans nostalgia.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Passive stat bonus for the duration.

Yeah it's not complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

empathe posted:

What's all the stuff about what characters like?
What's with all the different types?
Do I have to buy/craft these or do they drop?

Raises trust for your chart.
Different foods do different things, it tells you what so it doesn't matter.
Buy, you can cook but don't bother.

• Locked thread