Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I never played the first so I'll probably try Splatoon 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Imagined posted:

I look at my home screen with Zelda, Mario Kart, Spla2n, Overcooked, Snipperclips, Shantae, and Blaster Master, and I think about how the system has only been out since March, and I wonder why the gently caress people are complaining about having no games. If you didn't want these kinds of games, why the gently caress did you buy a Nintendo console.

It's definitely a stronger launch window than the 3DS or WiiU for sure.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

istock is alright for Walmart and target at least, and I've seen a few restocks even out here in nowhere midwest.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wonder what they'll be pushing at NWC '17, the first sold a ton of people on Mario maker.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The first pinwheel I found in Zelda didn't trigger it's korok balloons, so I spent entirely too long trying to figure out what the hell the trick was. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've always found genesis sonic real easy to control so idk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lelandjs posted:

An admission that Sonic isn’t the perfect 10/10 better-platformer-than-Mario he claims it to be. Like, the games are good, but they’re not better platformers than goddamn Mario.

lelandjs posted:

Freaking fanboys.

:thunk:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

quote:

Depicting Trans characters in a way that would likely insult both the political Left and the Right in the U.S., is the last kind of attention that Nintendo wants for themselves in 2017. They want nothing to do with those kinds of headlines and potential protests."

idgi

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

whatever this is it looks way prettier than the nightmare anime levels of Xeno2. I wish they took the art style of Xeno1 and built on it instead.

Keep in mind that's art for the staffing call, not necessarily representative of whatever game they're making beyond being fantasy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lelandjs posted:

Did you try Cryosis? I used to to very slowly cross a pond only to realize after the fact that there was a boat not ten feet from where I started my crossing.

It's a shame I see people call cryo useless so often when it's cool as heck when dealing with cold water or working across bodies of water with low stamina. Plus all the people that miss its really obvious defensive utility before and in the zora DB.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Norns posted:

Shut up about the persona translation it's loving fine.

Persona 5 on switch please?

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm confused, how is that dumb?

It's a very elegant solution and probably less expensive than recalling and reprinting a bunch of cards.

Yeah, it's just disabling a few characters in code generation versus changing how their cards are printed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

they have accents though people don't like the VA as much in spite of that.

e: I wasn't that into xenoblade's plot or gameplay but I still got a decent number of hours out of it so I'm still interested in 2 to see how they move forward with world design and combat and stuff from the first game and X. I trust them with the former at this point but I'm not sure how the combat changes will work out. Conceptually some stuff is cool, but the way cooldowns and autoattacks are being handled looks like it could be clunky.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 6, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Frankston posted:

Does Mario x Rabbids have ridiculous poo poo like "whoops you just missed two 90% shots in a row and now your team is gonna get hosed up thanks for playing"

I've heard accuracy only comes in 0-50-100.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, hasn't really been hyped though so I'm not expecting any big reveals or demonstrations like the last one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

BotW was okay but much like Resident Evil 4 meant the death of the classic games I still enjoyed even if no one else did.

I think that's a tad of an exaggeration since BotW is a realization of something they'd been wanting and trying to do for years through those same games, rather than a complete fundamental shift. Plus we don't know how they'll handle future titles, which could well look to deepen dungeons and stuff within the new formula.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's good, but not as good as Nintendogs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They seem to have burned all the goodwill XB1 generated at this point, so I wonder how long until monosoft sells badly enough for Nintendo to either sell them or turn them fully into an asset farm.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sounds supremely hosed up that they let more than two characters do things.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Depended how I was feeling at the time. Sometimes I was itching to get to the next kingdom, but with Luncheon I cleared out a lot of stuff before moving on.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

dragon ball super is dumb because it tries to be smart

Hello dragon ball super

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Starting to wonder if XB2 is gonna be so stupid it manages to have a worse plot than XBX.

Gonna be hard to pull that off without Tatsu though.

It's structured more like XB1 and with what's been shown so far I expect it to be pretty standard like the first.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The weapon/skill system is gacha-ish, but as far as we know it's not a microstransaction system or anything, Blades are just at least somewhat randomized. I feel like the special ones will have corresponding cores or quests or something but idk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TF came out back when the WiiU thread was a sharktank so it was largely shrugged off as "not a system seller", because that's something people cared about for some reason.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Supposedly console R&D happens basically back to back so the WiiU was probably designed at least partly without consideration for mobile games existing and the Wii fad petering out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbf pretty much every handheld competitor tried leapfrogging Nintendo in tech and ended up failing for one reason or another.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shards of Fate posted:

How is Sonic Forces?

Like colors/generations but all around worse and severely lacking in content and replay value (ranks are even more lenient than gens).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sega doesn't really give a gently caress and has been having ST shovel out games on short timelines for decades now. ST probably gets more support making Puyo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol the Treehouse guy sitting stone-faced in a suit next to a gamexplain goob.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bloodysabbath posted:

Bayonetta 2 is the best character action game ever made and people who go “omg what if the panpolydemisexual gender studies major I platonically roommate with but have a massive crush on sees me enjoy my free time with a great video game” don’t deserve it.

Platinum should remaster their entire back catalog and sell it as a special compilation.

:thunk:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

So if I really like Persona 5 should I get TMS?

It's not really as comparable as people think imo. It's pure dungeon crawling as opposed to Persona's RPG/life-sim mix, and the writing is generally lighter, in both tone and how deep it goes with characters. It's a fun atlus RPG, but I wouldn't necessarily see it as a direct followup to a persona.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think any games are out there using "dynamic resolution" as a selling point.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Raserys posted:

i mean, he was in another game too

sakurai loves fire emblem and i'm glad he'll keep adding new fire emblem characters and pissing off the people who hate them

It probably has more to do with FE being suddenly popular and Nintendo wanting to capitalize on that hard rather than sakurai wanting to troll english internet forums.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Famistu is openly acknowledged as worthless for reviews, even by people who write columns in it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/932868704588541952

Isn't this just Halloween mercy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kawabata posted:

we have a fan of dubbing and terrible localization guys

it's not

you're playing the second hand version of a story with an objectively worse voice acting and narration than the original; in the rare, best cases it's not strictly worse but only "different" than what the creative director intended; in a minuscule percentage of those rare cases you could get better voice acting but localization will still be subpar

Nah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

this sounds almost as bad as when people were making GBS threads their pants about a "TOTALLY SUBPAR TRANSLATION" for Persona 5 when it was loving fine. I'm sure Kafka's translations weren't completely what the author intended either but guess what, I actually would like to enjoy the loving Metamorphosis

P5's localization was genuinely oddly subpar for atlus (the yakuza game they helped with and utawarerumono are way better on that count), but P5's writing isn't particularly good to begin with so I can't call it a loss.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno why localization in general is coming into this; well done translations that actually come across as fluent English are sadly rare, even from major publishers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

All you really need to do is not gently caress over your actors by giving them zero context or direction. It's sadly relatively uncommon, but when you do even a small company can do a really good dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

I want XC2 to come out so the broke brain anime people can go do that instead of having some decades old argument about which audio track to listen to in their dumb media.

don't worry there will be some other obvious bait post for goons to get mad at

• Locked thread