Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I have so many goddamn games to play through and I dunno when I'll get around to BotW but drat do I wanna do some drivebys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Because I an use the sale of the PS4 to fund the switch and games so I don't have to pay out of pocket for another console.

yeah but having both is better

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

eonwe posted:

any good games coming out soon, like before Bayonetta?

Dunno if it’ll make it out before Bayo but Hollow Knight is supposed to be hitting the Switch early ‘18 (it was supposed to already be out but the developers bit off more than they could chew).

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I've only put a short amount of time into both but BotW and HZD are both extremely fun imo

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Sometimes the weather in BotW is a PITA tho, like when you’re trying to get blue flame to the labs and you just have to sit there for like 15 minutes waiting for the rain to stop.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Technically cuccos are an enemy type too.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Pretty sure there’s a loading screen tip about lightning in BotW that explicitly tells you everything you need to know.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

katkillad2 posted:

BotW was/is fun and good.

Looking forward to 1-2 months from now when the SMO honeymoon is over and people start making GBS threads on that game as well. These are literally some of the best games ever made.

Yeah this poo poo is weird. A month ago everyone itt was like “omg botw owns so much” and now all the sudden everyone’s nitpicking the gently caress out of it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

cage-free egghead posted:

There can be valid criticisms on good games. You can also nitpick a good game that you really enjoy.

Protocol7 posted:

Is it really so weird to find things you don't like about things you do like overall? Like, I love my car, but there are some things I don't like about it that I nitpick too. :iiaca:

Yeah I get that, it’s fine to criticize the parts of games you don’t like even if overall you think it’s amazing. I meant more so that it just feels weird that the tenor of the conversation about the game has shifted from all-out praise to dogpiling on the minor flaws.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Mons Hubris posted:

It's kinda bullshit because where is Link stashing those weapons when you unequip them? You're still gonna get shocked, jerk.

In the cloud :D

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Man it'd be cool if Nintendo gave you more than a progress bar for downloads.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Percentage is more or less useless too. Download speed and especially time left are glaring omissions. e: and download size too

Noctone fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 4, 2018

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I would kill for Dark Souls on the Switch but I'd wager it's more likely gonna be Armored Core

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FireMrshlBill posted:

I enjoy the one or two curly fries that accidentally get mixed in normal fries, but any more than that is just too much.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yeah the pro controller is paradoxically overpriced yet worth every penny. I finally got one earlier this week and it's made playing BotW much, much better. Particularly because something about the geometry of my TV-Switch-sofa arrangement is such that if I don't sit in just the right spot my Joycons lag or just flat out don't register at all on a lot of inputs.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
In a wild twist, Nintendo confirms that the piss tape is real.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
BotW is gonna ruin my life if I don’t start exercising some willpower. :argh: Forgot to eat dinner last night and got literally zero sleep because every time I was like “ok after this I’m going to bed” I’d spy another shrine or a shooting star or the Lord of the Mountain would make an appearance or any of the other slew of ways this game hooks you.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Furi just came out for Switch and is supposed to be really good I think.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

veni veni veni posted:

Actually it's not my second time doing it. I skipped like 70% of the shrines the first time and wanted to play the DLC but my save is on a friends Wii U so I started over smartass. I've played like 15 hours of it in a month I'm not exactly barreling through it. I'm jut burned out on playing it for an hour here and there and accomplishing practically nothing 1/4 of the time.

lol ok so they're a smartass for taking your OP at face value

quote:

Not complicated, I just came into it out of arrows and had to go back so I could knock them off, and before I figured out I could do that, I was trying to figure out how to get to the tops of them, which was a huge pain in the rear end. That comboed with the constant lightning and the inability to climb was just a huge unfun pain.
Yeah I agree, video games are less fun when you're bad at them.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nintendo's online service would have to be extremely bad to not be worth $20/year. That's absolute loving peanuts.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

thexerox123 posted:

I live in Canada, who knows how much they'll jack up the price here.

And it's not just a matter of measuring the price on its own merits, but whether it can be one MORE thing that I pay for.

Sorry you live in a third world country :(

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Pretty sure all consoles are sold at a loss.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The Nintendo Switch thread was a mistake. It's nothing but cardboard.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Taima posted:

Hopefully some children and adults will realize that the substantial asking price is better spent on more involved toys like knex or legos or whatever, instead of a toy that will offer a small amount of admittedly high-level enjoyment (much like the wii until it flew into a box, never to be seen again).

or buttplugs

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I like watching Angry Joe's reviews, albeit not at all for determining whether or not I should buy a game.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I haven’t had any d-pad problems with my pro controller but I’ve only used it for BotW so who knows.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Ventana posted:

Does the PS4 really have anything cool this year?

Uh yeah, plenty.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
e: ^^^ :laffo:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

are those still impossible to get? if I could get one i'm deciding between it and a 2DS XL

At retail yeah it’s exceedingly difficult. Easy to get if you’re willing to pay the reseller premium.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

E2M2 posted:

Playing Mario and BOTW got me contemplating selling my PS4. Just got my Switch and the whole experience is impressive as hell

Why not keep both? The Switch is amazing but it’s in no way a PS4 replacement, they serve wildly different purposes.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sakurazuka posted:

I still have my SNES somewhere

same. Also a Dreamcast

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It irks me way more than it should that the copy for Bayo 1 describes it as the prequel for Bayo 2.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Feenix posted:

Pop out some kids

sorry, I only make good decisions in my life

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'd kill to get a Battlefield game for the Switch but I guess I could hold my nose for CoD if that's all we get for an FPS.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Kirby being a chill fun game with plenty of replay value is really all I expect out of it so that's cool.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

goferchan posted:

it's indeed expensive on switch compared to other platforms but it's easily the best FPS single player campaign to come out in the last decade. it's worth playing even if you don't do it on the switch

Wrong, that honor goes to Titanfall 2.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
TNC is fun for the silly plot and characters but the gameplay is dogshit tbh.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Boggles my mind that some of y’all never (or very infrequently) use the dock. Maybe it doesn’t matter much for some games but like BotW is way way better played on a large TV with the Pro controller.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Gonna guess Quantum misread the post and missed the crucial “first year and a half” part of it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
FF7 was great but I don't feel like it's aged particularly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Holy poo poo can y'all just lay off the Cheetos and Mt. Dew for a weekend so you can afford the $20 and thus obviate the need to continue this extremely stupid argument.

• Locked thread